The online racing simulator
Weird status problem
(27 posts, started )
Weird status problem
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I unlock S2, race it, exit it as normal, go back into it later and it says I am a demo racer. I have used up all my unlocks trying to figure out a way around this problem.

DK
#2 - Jakg
is the folder read only?
#3 - ORION
He posted in another thread that he has no admin rights, and cant even install most new software, so guess its not a bug, but a problem on his side.
It was the same when I had admin rights before, I checked and the folder is set read-only, I'll see if that helps, but I'm out of unlocks
I've added two unlocks for you.

Normally the reason for losing your unlocked status in the program is that you have hibernating switched on and your computer has hibernated.

The solution :

1) RESTART computer immediately before you unlock the first time!

2) If you ever find it locked again, exit LFS and RESTART computer. Now you are unlocked again!

Alternatively, switch off the hibernate function.
#6 - ORION
As you are here Scawen, I dont have to hunt vic with that...
There is another user in the german forum with the same problem.
Username ch4zz
please give him 1 or 2 unlocks so he can test if it finally works now.

Thanks
Done
Thanks for the advice, I will turn off part of the hibernate function (it's all I'm allowed to do) and see if that works. I noticed that restarting it works in some cases, but not always. (O/T: Where'd the traction control on the FZ350 GTR go?)
#9 - ORION
The FZ50 has TC, the FZ50 GTR hasn't
I found that out at T1 at Blackwood... (seriously, I got them confused...but no deal, I don't race with TC anyway)

EDIT: Back to the same problem, it seems that it didn't work, I quit, restarted, and am back in demo mode

EDIT 2: I just found out I can't turn off the hibernate function, or alter any of the power settings.

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :EDIT: Back to the same problem, it seems that it didn't work, I quit, restarted, and am back in demo mode

Yes but....

Did you restart the computer immediately before unlocking?

You must restart the computer, and unlock immediately at that point (before it hibernates). That means your LFS should always appear unlocked as long as it has not hibernated since its last restart.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :EDIT 2: I just found out I can't turn off the hibernate function, or alter any of the power settings.

When you press start -> shut down, you should get a small window with a selectable dropdown menu. Click this, and then select "shut down" or "reboot" (or however thats) called in the english version. At least something else than hibernate or standby.
Thanks, I'll try restarting it. You're right, it's referred to as reboot AND restart...weird
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Thanks, I'll try restarting it. You're right, it's referred to as reboot AND restart...weird

Microsoft seems to like to invent new words for things. That is just my guess! Anyone correct me if I am wrong, because I don't know the truth.

It was always called reboot but *I guess* they thought that was too techy so they started using the word "restart". But that's confusing because some poeple might think it's a different thing.

They also now like to use "folder" when it was always called "directory" in the past.

And what was always called a "file" they now call a "document". Maybe they are trying to avoid confusion between "file" and "folder".

And to make matters worse, what was always called a "program" is now called "application".

As I said, I'm just guessing - I don't know if it was Microsoft or someone else who decided to rename things. Maybe it started on the Mac which was of course around years before Windows.
I'd call everything "thingie"

It's not that bad in the German version, though. I think folders have always been folders
Quote from Scawen :Microsoft seems to like to invent new words for things. That is just my guess! Anyone correct me if I am wrong, because I don't know the truth.

It was always called reboot but *I guess* they thought that was too techy so they started using the word "restart". But that's confusing because some poeple might think it's a different thing.

They also now like to use "folder" when it was always called "directory" in the past.

And what was always called a "file" they now call a "document". Maybe they are trying to avoid confusion between "file" and "folder".

And to make matters worse, what was always called a "program" is now called "application".

As I said, I'm just guessing - I don't know if it was Microsoft or someone else who decided to rename things. Maybe it started on the Mac which was of course around years before Windows.

alright then change the forums name to Bugs - Application
No I'm a 20th century coder, from the 4 MHz days.

I am sure that I am a programmer, not an "application writer".
4MHz? pffft...Apollo 11 used to fly with a few kilobytes to the moon and back again....and now we need like 800MHz to play a game called live for speed which is actualy just driving around in circles lol

but something i just realized...didnt i join in september 2005 instead of 2004? :gandalf:
I agree with Scawen - reboot and restart are the same thing. It's Microsoft trying unsuccessfully to make computers easy, when in fact they are just making it more complicated.

Belain - 4MHz is nothing to do with kilobytes. You can have a 4MHz computer AND a few kb of memory. I don't know what the Apollo computers were, but they won't be far off this.

And the join date is the date you registered your account on LFSW, not necessarily the date you paid for LFS.
Yep, my join date is almost a year before I actually bought S2.
well i registered and paid in sep 2005 but that makes me older and newbies think of me im cool coz im playin since then (which i did but only demo )

the Apollo 11 computer had 4kilobytes of system memory and 100kilohertz CPU and also did 40 000 additions per second

but for something like this we better start a thread in offtopic section
Quote from tristancliffe :I agree with Scawen - reboot and restart are the same thing.

I disagree, there are three types:

1) Restarting Windows, possible with Win3.1 by exiting then reloading, or holding down shift in Windows 9x. Not sure if possible with NT.

2) Soft rebooting ("restart your computer" in Windows). The standard affair. You see the BIOS screen.

3) Hard rebooting - using the reboot switch on the front of your case. Necessary for nasty crashes.
I don't have one of those hard reboot buttons on my comp... If I want do to a hard reboot, I just switch the power off and back on really quick... than it automatically reboots because it thinks there was just something wrong

I even once clicked the power switch so fast, the computer just stayed on...
I, like Sgt.Flippy, don't have a reboot button, and blew a motherboard doing that power button trick, cue a warning from the IT dept, and a wariness (sp? of Windows...Err...how did this thread get so far off topic?
#25 - J.B.
Quote from Scawen :Microsoft seems to like to invent new words for things. That is just my guess! Anyone correct me if I am wrong, because I don't know the truth.

I think you should rename your product to "Online Racing Solution" . Another one I find annoying but I don't think it comes from Microsoft.

Quote from ORION :I'd call everything "thingie"

It's not that bad in the German version, though. I think folders have always been folders

It's the same:
Verzeichnis/Ordner
Programm/Anwendung
Datei/Dokument

Weird status problem
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG