The online racing simulator
Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
I read they were testing a new layout with some users, my youtube player looks different to Boosted's. No download button either, although I use IDM, so I can download.
Attached images
youtube player.jpg
youtube layout.jpg
if it was that i should have the button in IE as well...while i dont
did you download any extensions for Opera? I once had a mp3-converter for youtube that added an extra button next to the "Flag" button.
i did, but the only download thing for video sites is right underneath the play button...hard to see, but visible in the pic.
beside that nothing.
Quote from Stefani24 :Maybe just for people in germany as a test? I don't know. But as you see, I use opera too, so that can't be the reason.

I have Opera too, I have the download button (though it's below the video, after the Flag button) and I have downloaded a Youtube Download extension.
just checked again and its from an extension.
strange enough anyway since i changed nothing.
They did it again.
I just got the new layout. I like it.
I deleted my cookies, so I'm back to the old layout... But I'm kinda missing the new layout
The **** is wrong with the new layout. The subscriptions are a MESS. (I'm subscribed to 125 channels, the old layout was perfect for that)
Other than the fact that I can't remove subscription videos from the front page (it's quite damn messy now..), I quite like it. The previous design was starting to be outdated for modern high resolution monitors.
Looks prettier, has less usability.
It's not bad.

I can see myself working with it.

I must say that I dislike the guys for not fixing two rather annoying bugs.

My inbox shows a new message, though I already read it. (this happens at least once a week)

Clicking on the name of a response to someone, doesn't bring you to the post, it brings you to a recent posted message of him.
That really annoys the crap out of me.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It's not bad.

I can see myself working with it.

I must say that I dislike the guys for not fixing two rather annoying bugs.

My inbox shows a new message, though I already read it. (this happens at least once a week)

Clicking on the name of a response to someone, doesn't bring you to the post, it brings you to a recent posted message of him.
That really annoys the crap out of me.

You're doing it wrong :P I never saw Youtube as some 'social' site, just for viewing videos.. And besides, the scum of internet are youtube comments..
Quote from Matrixi :Other than the fact that I can't remove subscription videos from the front page (it's quite damn messy now..), I quite like it. The previous design was starting to be outdated for modern high resolution monitors.

Well, still not that much better.
Attached images
YouTube.jpg
I still prefer Cosmic Panda.
It has option of 720p player while in non-fullscreen, which is awesome. After using it for weeks, I can't go back to old (or this new one) layout with small 800*480 (or something) player.
New player = cosmic panda player? Atleast it is for me.

Could have had 720p (or even 1080p) player in windowed mode with Stylish for years now though.
It's actually really horrible..
I liked cosmic panda more tbh.

The homepage idea is good, but when you have alot of channels you are subscribed to, you don't have a good overview IMO.

First it was like in a row of 4 wide so more video's fit on the screen. Now, you have one video wide, and all of them under eachother...
It looks like Facebook tbh. I like the style, but it takes some time to get used to.
Hm, at least on this laptop I seem to have this new design. I must say, this is not where I want youtube to go to. It's just really unpractical if you're subscribed to that many channels, I liked the stacking of the videos per channel.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're doing it wrong :P I never saw Youtube as some 'social' site, just for viewing videos.. And besides, the scum of internet are youtube comments..

Me neither, I just get a lot of reactions on my comments, and I want to read those, if possible
Switched to the new YouTube UI as soon as it appeared. It looks slightly better to me. I don't have tons of subscriptions, so the subscription list problem doesn't bother me much.

The new Google UI did make my confused at the beginning. Where the **** is the options button ?
To bring back the old layout type "/home" at the end of youtube.com. (http://www.youtube.com/home)
Works for now.

I kinda like the new layout, but it seems that the "watched" tag is gone now?
That sucks.
I like the new UI.

It's not like I ever go to the youtube homepage, though... the only pages I really browse are the videos page (watching a video) and the search page. I wouldn't have noticed the homepage has changed if nobody said anything about it...

Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG