The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from matijapkc :Is the front right rim damaged? I see some grey stuff on the "top" of it.

yeah tyre shop damaged it putting tyres on, they are 185s and the rim either 6.5 or 7 can't remember (either way designed for 205s).

they are winter wheels which i painted myself thus not too bothered. if it gets really bad i'll touch it up but yeah.
Is it the same shop that damaged your new rim?
no i probably won't be using them again. the guys who did this are my normal garage for servicing and fixing etc.

during tyre changes on my new wheels i would say "here look there's no marks and if there are marks on them after a tyre change you can pay for a refurb". i doubt they would scratch the new ones.

you shouldn't mark wheels at all if doing it properly though, i used to do tyres on motorcycles and there were rubberised lips not metal.
Quote from PMD9409 :Thought it could also bring colder winters? But it all seems to be BS so its hard to figure out any of it.

In any case, it is finally hitting 20C here. Can't even use the heater or seat warmers in my car yet.

Quote from mamoru :Damn,, and here I am in my 6C

Woke up this morning and it was 6C with 30mph winds, how ironic.

Back up to 20C by the weekend however. Finally got to turn the heater on in my car. Heats up so nicely for never being used.
Quote from robt :This time next year it'll be 2.9 V6 24V cosworth powered . 200bhp per tonne should be a bit more intresting!

Nice. Always thought that V6's really belong in Capris since it's like an European version of a muscle car.

Hmm might aswell post my "news" also. Getting quite exited because the Cossie pistons & rods + piston rings arrived this week. Next thing on shopping list is probably a 205 block.

Neighbour drove into my car and broke my number plate off.

Looks much better!

Quote from doyal :Neighbour drove into my car and broke my number plate off.

Looks much better!

Probably you're the only one saying this. But true, looks good.
alright, this question might sound really dumb.

but for an example, if a standard 1.3 golf mk2 gets 5,5 l/100km(42 US MPG, Imperial 51MPG according to some converter), at 90km/h(55-57mph), is it possible to calculate how much it will consume at say, 40km/h?

thanks appreciated, math isn't really one of my best subjects
I wouldn't think so - it would depend on the gearing, powerband of the engine, cam profile, and if the resistance is static or dynamic - air resistance increases exponentially wrt speed whereas I'd guess tyres rolling resistance would increase linearly.

EDIT - 51 MPG? From a 1.3 MK2 Golf?! Doesn't sound quite right to me...
well, i could easily say i only got the numbers from a finnish car wiki, for just an example.
Quote from Jakg :I wouldn't think so - it would depend on the accelerator.

EDIT - 51 MPG? From a 1.3 MK2 Golf?! Doesn't sound quite right to me...

Fixed.
Klutch, about the pics you posted few pages ago, damn you got alot of cars.
As this is the "Post YOUR car" thread
Quote from JJ72 :dress code: like you have just woken up

pretty cool otherwise.

Perth has a pretty mint car scene i like to think
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Klutch, about the pics you posted few pages ago, damn you got alot of cars.
As this is the "Post YOUR car" thread

Most people use this as a general car talk thread...get off your high horse
Cars look pretty good yeh... but i just get annoyed by the over-usage of the "JDM as f*ck, illest, hellaflush" stickers... People just don't seem to understand them and just slap them on the cars because other people do..
My 1990 Honda Civic SIR EF9.

Worked B18CR motor under the hood. Dyno tuned to 144kW at the front wheels.

herrafrush

That makes me sad.
rear spacer lol
That's grounded.
New engine to my E30. Its from 320is but actually its 2.0L M3 engine.
I hope that I will beat that bloody Type Rs next season!

First we must get into it and see what new parts we will need. They are so expensive and I hope that someone from Germany will help me
Attached images
IMG_2805.jpg
IMG_2808.jpg
u can make that into a 2.5
Quote from e2mustang :u can make that into a 2.5

No we are so happy that its 2.0 because we are in the category up to 2000ccm like that Type Rs, Clio Sports ......
Quote from Klouczech :No we are so happy that its 2.0 because we are in the category up to 2000ccm like that Type Rs, Clio Sports ......

Any details/pics about your car?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG