The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :@ Hyperactive - You may think Kimi isn't dedicated but he's just a quiet, reserved person who will only make comments if they are true and doesn't care for small talk, to some this is reflected as being uninterested and unmotivated. To be honest the true mark of a champion is to come back out of retirement and win again and not even Schumacher managed it yet and I think for Kimi it's a greater possibility to win another WDC in a few years time if he can climb the ladder back into (Red Bull maybe?). Apparently he's spoken to Red Bull, and they've considered him greatly in 2013 but it's all speculation and rumours, although there's no reason why it WOULDN'T be true.

As a finn I find him talkative.

As for his dedication I think for example he did not drive in australia simply because he did not want to travel there because it was too far away or so. Then in some other rally he just left after his first rollover despite the team getting the car ready to drive later in that event.

Those are no the signs I want to see if I'm questioning the dedication and motivatino of the driver.
Good thing is that seasoned industry professionals are aware of all this and much more, so I'm suure he won't be given a seat if they think he CBA really.
Quote from Hyperactive :As a finn I find him talkative.

As for his dedication I think for example he did not drive in australia simply because he did not want to travel there because it was too far away or so. Then in some other rally he just left after his first rollover despite the team getting the car ready to drive later in that event.

Those are no the signs I want to see if I'm questioning the dedication and motivatino of the driver.

The fine for not going was cheaper than attending the Australian Rally ,it wasn't that he couldn't be arsed.

The fact is, Kimi admitted rallying is alot harder than F1 in many respects, and obviously he's eating humble pie, but in reality, he took Ferraris money and did another form of motorsport and now he wants back in F1. What's hard to understand about that? Obviously those rumours that he was talking to Renault last year were true, but he never made it into F1 for 2011 because all of the seats were full.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Good thing is that seasoned industry professionals are aware of all this and much more, so I'm suure he won't be given a seat if they think he CBA really.

If he does drive in f1 next year then I hope you're right. If money is his main motivation he would probably have been better off in nascar, and I doubt kimi would go to the trouble of financing his f1 return only to have a lazy single season.

I reckon he's realised what he's missing and wants to get back to what he's good at.

I just hope he's good enough still, but I'd bet he wil be if you pressed me to decide.
Quote from JPeace :Seriously trying to make a point that money was the reason he didn't go? That's a joke.

There was other reasons behind it also, but I can't remember them.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Quote from Rappa Z :Is anyone else getting really excited for the race? I think this is going to be the first time I actually cleared my schedule to watch a bit of NASCAR.

Quote from Thread Title :Formula One Season 2011

:rolleyes: :P
Quote from TFalke55 :it is not funny when you can actually speak german and understand what Bruno Ganz says.

Truth, however my German is poor, so I found it quite amusing.
Quote from TFalke55 :it is not funny when you can actually speak german and understand what Bruno Ganz says.

Wasn't funny for me, and I don't understand shit what he's saying.
Hulk to Williams and Kimi to Force India, you heard it here first...
Hulkenberg to Williams? Don't think so, he said, and quite rightly too, he doesn't want to be a pay driver.

F1 is an embarrassment sometimes. Best drivers in the world? PISH.
Force india think there a top team or something?

Sutil has done an amazing job for them this season the fact they haven't already resigned hes contract baffles me, you could say di resta probably shows more promise but Sutil basically blew him out of the water in the second half of the season, funnily enough he was losing to liuzzi in the first few races in 2010 too maybe he needs a few races under hes belt to do good?
Quote from Intrepid :Hulkenberg to Williams? Don't think so, he said, and quite rightly too, he doesn't want to be a pay driver.

F1 is an embarrassment sometimes. Best drivers in the world? PISH.

Talking about Williams, and you think 2nd driver to Maldonado would be a pay driver? What drugs do you take cos I'll try to stay clear of them. Hulk is as much as pay driver as Alonso and Button are.

Tell me, which sponsor on here did Hulk bring to the team in 2010?

In regards to Force India, it baffles me as to why they haven't called a driver line-up for 2012. Obviously their line-up is changing, and obviously Sutil is getting the kick.
Quote from BlueFlame :He isn't a pay driver you fool, Maldonado is for Williams, teh second slot is reserved for anyone with pace.

TBH Sutil would be more likely and better candidate for that seat.

and why wouldn't Williams be open to making more money, heck if there lucky they could get someone like Perez who is full of money bags and has promise.
Blueflame I didn't say the Hulk was a pay driver, read carefully.

Sutil would be ideal for Williams... a pay driver who isn't too bad.

The thing about the modern pay driver is they tend to be highly competent. They bring bags of cash, and cash also buys experience and competence. But F1 is fast becoming a gentleman's series. THANK GOD the BBC is not having to waste more tax payers cash on this rich man's play toy
Quote from Intrepid :But F1 is fast becoming a gentleman's series.

F1 always had a bit of a gentleman-ish thing to it, the problem is that the gentlemen in question can't be able to put a private team of their own together anymore (not like they used to back in the 50's-70's).
Quote from Intrepid :Hulkenberg to Williams? Don't think so, he said, and quite rightly too, he doesn't want to be a pay driver.

Well for Williams why would he be when Maldonado is bringing in the cash?

A driver who has been in F1 on merit isn't going to suddenly appear as a pay driver, Williams HAVE a pay driver now, so Hulk coming back isn't a problem and by all accounts there is no hard feelings about that situation.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG