The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Can't be any worse than the "food" you Brits come up with anyway... (eh?)
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Can't be any worse than the "food" you Brits come up with anyway... (eh?)

Wooah now lets not get silly here and have someone say something that they are going to regret later. Granted, some of our stuff is a bit suspect...but we also have some good food, I mean Shepards Pie, Steak Pie...basically any meat in a pie.

I'm needing a pie now, off to the local shops.
I think I have forgotten what thread I'm in .

Anyone going to try and do the Intel championship?
Quote from tristancliffe :The downside is pizza that tastes of socks because the plates are contaminated.

might be the best day in your life if youre a foot fetishist

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Can't be any worse than the "food" you Brits come up with anyway... (eh?)

ah yes north america the mecca of the gourmet
This page of this thread should be archived indefinately for ultimate funnies.
Third on the grid for my first race back in iRacing and the pole sitter selects reverse and backs himself up into my car at the start.:gnasher:

On a second note, anyone know an easy to drive set for the Spec Racer? I'm suffering from absolutely catastrophic lift-off oversteer. Practically impossible to brake.
yeaah botyss!
Quote from Rappa Z :......................

On a second note, anyone know an easy to drive set for the Spec Racer? I'm suffering from absolutely catastrophic lift-off oversteer. Practically impossible to brake.

Drove the Spec in a hosted session a few nights ago at Summit and I was struggling early on. But one of my teammates helped me out with some setup changes and it seemed to help.
The car just takes some time to get used to. I had to drive lap after lap to figure out the weird handling.

Here's the set. It was originally John Bodin's
John-Bodin_SRF-SmtPt-NTM_EDIT.rar
Attached files
John-Bodin_SRF-SmtPt-NTM_EDIT.rar - 805 B - 162 views
Spec Ford suffers from lift-off oversteer massively it's impossible to rectify completely. Alot of iracing cars suffer from horrendous lift-off oversteer.
Never drove the spec racer before. But had a decent race at Atlanta until i got caught in someone else wreck. Guy on the low side went up to the high line with another guy there they spun took me out with them. It was lame, so i stopped caring about my iratating and SR and just drove my own race, it was fun until i lost it in T4 xD
On a different note am i the only one that gets frustrated when your sitting second but a lap down and SC comes out and you get moved all the way to the back of the grid instead of just taking a lap back? Whats the deal with that?
Quote from AstroBoy :
On a different note am i the only one that gets frustrated when your sitting second but a lap down and SC comes out and you get moved all the way to the back of the grid instead of just taking a lap back? Whats the deal with that?

Yea it's stupid, but easy way to avoid it, is to just try your hardest to stay on the lead lap, pit when they leaders do, or pit early if you know you'll get the undercut.
Quote from AstroBoy :Never drove the spec racer before. But had a decent race at Atlanta until i got caught in someone else wreck. Guy on the low side went up to the high line with another guy there they spun took me out with them. It was lame, so i stopped caring about my iratating and SR and just drove my own race, it was fun until i lost it in T4 xD

1. Wait for a caution
2. Don't pit
3. Get wave around (hope everyone on lead lap pits)
4. Hope for a quick caution
5. ??? (pit)
6. Profit

Trucks have been horrible to me these past two weeks
Rather annoyingly, all the tracks I bought a year or two aago have been shuffled out of my series by the new tracks so they are now completely worthless and I have to pump another pretty penny back into this whore of a game to use anything fast.
Any tips on driving the radical? I've been practicing at Oultan and I'm horrible. Steering seems twitchy past 10 degrees.

P.S I'm a terrible driver to begin with.
Quote from Rappa Z :Rather annoyingly, all the tracks I bought a year or two aago have been shuffled out of my series by the new tracks so they are now completely worthless and I have to pump another pretty penny back into this whore of a game to use anything fast.

I'm calling bullshit, because no series has absolutely none of the tracks it had in the past. Either that or you bought the tracks that were hardly used anyway, so your own fault. But please, do tell us exactly what cars/tracks you have.
You read it wrong. Not all the tracks, just all of the ones I bought!

I had Watkins Glen (which I figured would get use since IndyCar, NASCAR and Grand Am) and VIR (plenty of combos and good reviews so i fugred it must be good for somthing) which, when combined with the circuits they give you, use to be enough to run 4 weeks in the Star Mazda and 2 or 3 in the Radical. As it was when I re-subscribed yesterday I could only run one week of Star Mazdas at Okayama, but i missed it because I subscribed mid season. Also missed the one week I could run the Radical, which was suprisingly at Watkins Glen.

Meh, I guess iRacing is uber-realistic in the sense that you need to pump lots of money into it to run a full season.
Well the lack of Watkins (most popular track 2 seasons ago) in the Star Mazda is shocking yes, iRacing decided to use a schedule posted by some arsehole who has now buggered off and doesn't race - he said when challenged that it had been on the schedule for a while but then so has Road America and Sillystone! VIR is one of the least used, see http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1490236.page

Schedule discussions will start in few weeks so it should be rectified. In the meantime use: https://docs.google.com/spread ... NLSkU3UXc&output=html
Quote from Jshort :Any tips on driving the radical? I've been practicing at Oultan and I'm horrible. Steering seems twitchy past 10 degrees.

P.S I'm a terrible driver to begin with.

radical shouldn't be too twitchy but the Brit tournament fixed set was a bit loose at high speeds, if you're using that try giving it a bit more rear wing till you get used to it, failing that ask on the radical forum in iracing, they're a friendly lot and willing to help
Thanks Tinvek!

I have been purposely avoiding the iR forums as the trolls have really gotten on my nerves. I've never seen such a mess of a forum.
Quote from Shotglass :ah yes north america the mecca of the gourmet

Pot... kettle...?

North America is great because we get the best of ethnic cuisines from around the globe. When I lived in Chicago I could get literally any kind of food from any world cuisine at almost any time of day. So rad.
uh its the same in pretty much any larger city in any part of the civilized world mate
my city is about what. 10 square kilometres, by counting by eye, i see 8-9 places i can by a lovely kebab for just around 2€/1.6£/3$, It's awesome.

Even though it tends to give me the runs. thank god Need For Speed is suffering more from that than i am.

NFS rant/ THE RUN SUCKS BAWLS.
Quote from Shotglass :uh its the same in pretty much any larger city in any part of the civilized world mate

Sure, sure. Though I'm kind of surprised how many Europeans I've spoken to who have never had Thai, or Korean, or Vietnamese food, for example. Or Caribbean or Brazilian or real Mexican. Or Ethiopian (saddest of all?).
Keep in mind half of them are bad American rips on the real deal.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG