The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
SS drafting updates sound good, it's been good fun racing them the past couple of weeks with the faster speeds, sounds like they've made it even faster again.
The F3 relative position readout wasn't a problem with multi-class racing... It isn't hard to see that if you're the first of the mustangs in grand am race on the relative, chances are you are leading the class.. Doesn't need to say you're number 1. Doesn't take much brain power to add or sub-subtract single numbers when driving...
Quote from BlueFlame :The F3 relative position readout wasn't a problem with multi-class racing... It isn't hard to see that if you're the first of the mustangs in grand am race on the relative, chances are you are leading the class.. Doesn't need to say you're number 1. Doesn't take much brain power to add or sub-subtract single numbers when driving...

But you only see the 3 cars in front and behind without scrolling. Takes much more than a bit of brain power if you are in the middle of a 30 car field.
Quote from menantoll :But you only see the 3 cars in front and behind without scrolling. Takes much more than a bit of brain power if you are in the middle of a 30 car field.

true, but it's not just for that. It's nice to see what position you're in relative to your class, not relative to the overall race!
Quote from StableX :true, but it's not just for that. It's nice to see what position you're in relative to your class, not relative to the overall race!

Totally agree, mine was more a specific argument against BlueFlame's pathetic "it doesn't take much brain power" line.
Quote from StableX :true, but it's not just for that. It's nice to see what position you're in relative to your class, not relative to the overall race!

This was my point.

I doesn't take much brain power to compute pressing the arrow keys a few times to see which car in the same class as you is ahead, if he's not on your lap he's another colour (text colour blue), if he's on your lap and head on the relative (and in your class) then wow, he's leading your class and if there's someone in your class that is shown as red text then they are a lap ahead.

Really? They needed to implement a fix for this? People can't scroll up and down on the relative chart for 5 seconds? Not to mention after starting a race you'll settle down at the point when you can still see most of the cars infront and behind and determine what position you are in that.

I don't see how it's so difficult, to be honest the pit menu for changing tyres is more difficult to navigate then looking up and down the F3 box.

We already have coloured boxes on the info boxes to denote different car classes, this is enough information to determine what position you are.

tl;dr

The person in your class with the lowest number is leading and you just count down from that! INCREDIBLE. People obviously just need to see a number 1, 2 or 3 next to their name to feel good about themselves during a race. If you can't work it out yourself then there's obviously no hope at all.
I have only 10 cars enabled to help with fps, so I can't check the whole of relative; if I'm in an MC race I'd like to see straightaway what position a) I am in and b) what position the cars around me from the other classes are in, without having to go to the F2 menu, get the other class, then scroll down to actually see where those other cars are in their class if they aren't in the top 7 - bearing in mind that it's not as easy as a single class where you can press the left/right button and it'll focus on your position.

Knowing what position cars in other classes are in is useful as if you're in the faster car, you don't want to be interrupting a battle for the lead, etc.
I couldn't disagree more blueframe. I prefer to just check F3 at a quick glance and see. who wants to be scrolling??? I prefer to race not do scrolling... thats stupid.
Quote from PMD9409 :An article you all might enjoy reading.

http://www.iracing.com/inracin ... racing-with-tony-gardner/

Was interesting except when they talk about tracks coming to iRacing and just say 'will do it at some point'. Seems like they should concentrate more on single tracks and a time and pump up out like that, rather than working on 2 or 3 at a time.

Oh and what's the difference between 'Daytona' and 'Daytona 500' is 'Daytona' referring to the road course or what? Because I thought it was just the oval that got resurfaced..
Daytona 500 is just a World Tour event they due. Basically simulating the real Daytona 500 one week (or the Saturday) before. So basically he is just saying to expect the new Daytona before February 20ish.

And yes, only the oval AFAIK.
Quote from PMD9409 :Daytona 500 is just a World Tour event they due. Basically simulating the real Daytona 500 one week (or the Saturday) before. So basically he is just saying to expect the new Daytona before February 20ish.

And yes, only the oval AFAIK.

Well aren't the A spec NASCAR races at Daytona the same distance as the 500 anyway?
Quote from DeKo :SS drafting updates sound good, it's been good fun racing them the past couple of weeks with the faster speeds, sounds like they've made it even faster again.

Does anybody but americans actually race that crap? I'm not trying to be a jerk but really?!
Quote from Jshort :Does anybody but americans actually race that crap? I'm not trying to be a jerk but really?!

Yea Canadians do.
Quote from Jshort :Does anybody but americans actually race that crap? I'm not trying to be a jerk but really?!

Running 3 wide at 200mph with 40 other cars is fun whatever nationality you are.
Quote from DeKo :Running 3 wide at 200mph with 40 other cars is fun whatever nationality you are.

Damn right.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well aren't the A spec NASCAR races at Daytona the same distance as the 500 anyway?

Negative ghostrider. The A class races are normally like 80 laps (50 minutes), the Pro/DWC series would do 100 laps (50% / 250 miles). The real 500 is 200 laps (500 miles).
Quote from PMD9409 :Negative ghostrider. The A class races are normally like 80 laps (50 minutes), the Pro/DWC series would do 100 laps (50% / 250 miles). The real 500 is 200 laps (500 miles).

I thought A class was 200 or so laps.

80laps is around the same as the Silverado series so I assumed A class would be more distance/longer-duration.

But I still don't understand what the demand is specifically for DAYTONA 500 rather than - longer races.
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought A class was 200 or so laps.

80laps is around the same as the Silverado series so I assumed A class would be more distance/longer-duration.

But I still don't understand what the demand is specifically for DAYTONA 500 rather than - longer races.

Silverado at Daytona/Talladega/Pocono is 50 laps
Quote from DeKo :Running 3 wide at 200mph with 40 other cars is fun whatever nationality you are.

Yeah..I love that type of racing...
You are correct. Get to D 4.0, then do 4 quick Truck TT's and you will automatically become C class and can race the truck all you want.
Quote :Get a three-month membership for just $10 (a $30 value). With it you'll have access to the world's most exciting online racing. Race everything from NASCAR to Indycar, sports cars to Grand Prix racing. Plus the most accurately reproduced tracks in any racing game or simulation.

All you need to get started is a PC with internet access and a controller (wheel and pedal set or gamepad).

Lay down some laps at one of our newest tracks Oulton Park, or wheel your way around an oval in any of our NASCAR sanctioned series. The choice is yours.

Click here to enter your promotion code: PR-3FORTEN

lmao . Anyone want $5 for free?
Open an account for $10, fill in referral email as you. Receive $15 in credits.

aha
Quote from anttt69 : lmao . Anyone want $5 for free?
Open an account for $10, fill in referral email as you. Receive $15 in credits.

aha

And you make $5 profit and have a useless account? Unless you intend to sell said account which is of course against the whole terms of use its kinda redundant?
Who cares about the useless account.

Let's say you buy 5 seperate accounts spending $50. In the end your main account (once you refer it over and over) will have $75 credits.

I'm sure somebody tried it.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG