The online racing simulator
World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
Quote from Razzone :ITALY WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO CAMPIONI DEL MONDO CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

Congratulations, unlucky France (who i did want to win) but fair play to you Italians!! Let's hope next WC, it's england!!
Quote from zeugnimod :And especially Zidane really deserves it to become world champion in his last match for France. IMO, hes the only one of the so called "great" players, who was really great in this WC.

I take that back... :sadbanana
Congratulations, Italy!
And shame on Zidane.

Vain
Zidane... wtf??? I'm still shocked by his action. Without tha, France would have deserved that win, but not now. Italy was not as good as France during the game, but deserved the win. Congratulations italy, and we only lost to the WC So we're kind of second best team worldwide :P
I think france really deserved to win... but zidane
Quote from Vykos69 :Zidane... wtf??? I'm still shocked by his action. Without tha, France would have deserved that win, but not now. Italy was not as good as France during the game, but deserved the win. Congratulations italy, and we only lost to the WC So we're kind of second best team worldwide :P

We were world champion anyway after the quarter-finals.

Although together with 3 other teams.
I'd like to know what that guy said to Zidane to get him to do that. I couldn't believe my eyes! What a sore way to go out in retirement.
Zidane... WTF was he doing?

I was shouting for Italy and was getting worried because they seemed to be the stronger force. Then Zidane did that and I knew Italy had a much better chance.

Congratulations, Italy!
Totally braindead action by Zidane of course, but the ref shouldnt change his decision based on what Buffon tells the linesman, or what some reserve ref has seen on a monitor.

Good 1st half by the Italians, but France deserves credit for their play in the rest of the match.

All in all a disappointing WC, good up until the 1/8-finals, but then it sort of died because of defensively minded coaches.
Quote from Tyrion :but the ref shouldnt change his decision based on what Buffon tells the linesman, or what some reserve ref has seen on a monitor.

Why? Who told you that the ref had already made a decision already at the time...? And if someone commits an offence like that, they should go out. If the ref doesn't see it, he ought to be informed.
Quote from Tyrion :Totally braindead action by Zidane of course, but the ref shouldnt change his decision based on what Buffon tells the linesman, or what some reserve ref has seen on a monitor.

wrong, linesman SAW Zidane
I'm really sorry for Zizou. First, he makes a pretty impressive penaltykick, and almost scores in OT, has a dislocated shoulder and then he has a brainfart and leaves the game in a really shameful way. He used to be one of my favourite players, but now, he's not. Shame on him.

Well, congratulations for Italia. Never been my favourite team, but championship is a championsip.
The referee talked with the linemen before raising that red, so he must seen something. Mazerazzi (or how is it spelt :P) must gotten to personalities with Zidane, but he still lost his face in my eyes atleast for a while before he says sorry, not proper behaviour from a legend and in his last match. And there must been some acting involved, atleast there should be if other player loses his temper that bad. I was on the French side, too bad they didn't win because they were better. But congrats to Italy
Lmao.
Hm, ok.I don't claim to [edit:I'll rephrase that] know exactly who saw what, as some others here. But my view is that the ref saw nothing.The linesman saw nothing.The linesman came under heavy pressure from the italian players, because they knew the ref hadn't seen a thing as he was watching the play in the other end of the pitch when it happened.He might even have seen the incident on the stadium big-screen after the play stopped.

But neither him or the ref are allowed to make a decision based on either of those factors if none of them witnessed the incident as it unfolded.
About the stadium giant screen: I don't think replays are allowed during the match, surely in Italy they aren't during gameplay. You must wait for the end of the match to see a replay. In fact the audience didn't understand why Zidane was sent off, and took a pro-France stance for some minutes.
The decision to send off Zidane was correct anyway. I'm curious about what happened before too, but it may never come out, and it's no justification for Zidane's reaction.
All things considered, not a good match.
Hooray! It's over! Now we can get back to worthwhile sports, like Racing!

/me runs away before getting clubbed with crowbars
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
notti magiche
inseguendo un goal
sotto il cielo
di un'estate italiana
9sing9

i decided to switch sides after what zidane did

the french would have deserved to win though
Thisnameistaken, I take yours as a joke, because if it's not that way I should take your sentence as sheer ignorance.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
congrats italy.
Berlusconi isn't Italy as a whole, Berlusconi is a single person, equally loathed here and abroad, where he has lots of friends too, for example Tony Blair and George Bush. I'll avoid going much too political, I do that somewhere else (for example in the Italian Sci-Fi catalogue where my real name appears as author of an award winning satire that clearly states my political positions).
And mind you, in the Italian scandal there are two main victims: the audience and the players, since they were not involved. The damage is immense and I'm happy if every team and person involved pays a big price: even so, the match fixing scandal doesn't have anything to do with the World Cup. But I wasn't offended by that, I just think that the joke doesn't work because the logic is flawed. I am particularly picky about humour. Anyway we've won, and every other country lost. For sure I won't be a sour winner, because I have no reason.
CAMPIONI DEL MONDOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

oh my god, here in Rome people became simply completely crazy!!!
I have never seen what i have seen tonight in all my previous days of my life o_O
Well, it looks like the 4th ref at the side saw that, and told the ref. So imho that was "ok" decision, and for that action he deserved nothing less than a red card. Even - as some lippreaders already say - if materrazzi said some really really bad words about Zidanes family. Well, "great" final. A questionworthy penalty, a header with the help of the arm on the shoulder of the defender (so it's even out) and all in all a boring tactical game. If France would have brought Trezeguet way earlier they would have won.

But because both teams only played with 1 striker, they had to go to penalty. And that's not a "save" way to win. I'd rather take the german new way then (which was proven even in semis, when italy took the same tactics in ET ).
congrats, italy won the cup the italian way......

World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG