The online racing simulator
Juan Montoya to NASCAR?
(66 posts, started )
Juan Montoya to NASCAR?
if he turned down Williams he is a fool
#3 - th84
Im glad he's moving to nascar. This will prove that nascar isnt as easy as these F1 fans say it is.

Why is he a fool for turning down williams? If you wanna make the most $$$, nascar is the place to go.... or maybe he just likes america!
I guess he's tired of F1. 6 seasons of being a bridesmaid at best and not a championship-calibre ride in sight for '07.
"Round, round, get around, I get around, round, round, round, round, I get around"....

:rolleyes:

Seriously, he has never shown that much talent, but why didn't he choose to race rental karts instead? That must be more intertaining than just turning left...?
#6 - th84
Here we go again! Let's flame nascar!

What's the diffrence? In F1 the car's drive themselves and rarely see any action, and in nascar they just drive in circles and actually do some passing.

Some people enjoy nascar, some enjoy F1. I enjoy both and find both entertaining in there own way.

Good luck to JPM in nascar, i think he'll need it.
OH MY GOD! I'm shoked to death! That's really the thing should be called surprise. I can't believe my eyes. You know, I was the one who critize him much but qutting F1? That sounds too much. I still can doubt it, until it's confirmed.

Wow, WTF!
It's official. TV press conference going on right now for those in NA that get Speed Channel.

Montoya's new boss (and old boss from CART) quoted him as saying "I want to get back to racing" as if to suggest that he's tired of F1's lopsided racing with only a few teams capable of winning.
#9 - th84
Quote from RacingSimFan : "I want to get back to racing" as if to suggest that he's tired of F1's lopsided racing with only a few teams capable of winning.

If that's the case, i think he will be disappointed with nascar. He is going to a team that hasnt won a race in how long? Quite a while i think. Nascar has 2 or 3 major teams that do most of the winning. He shoulda went and drove for Chip in the IRL, less money, but Ganassi is much stronger there.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
haha, that's a good news for formula1! But Montoya realized that todays F1 isnt compatible with his style of racing. Not sure if it is a good idea or not, may be he will be succesfull!

@th84: Nobody but u compared f1 and nascar... I'm just not interested in Nascar, so i can't say anything about it.
#11 - th84
Quote :@th84: Nobody but u compared f1 and nascar... I'm just not interested in Nascar, so i can't say anything about it.

Quote :Seriously, he has never shown that much talent, but why didn't he choose to race rental karts instead? That must be more intertaining than just turning left...?

It may not be comparing it, but pretty close. I just didnt want to see another flame nascar thread.
Another Challenge
and "friendlier people too" Juans words not mine.

F1s half assed attempt at appearing as if their drivers are regular guys at Indy only made the reality of it more clear.

F1 is like Dyno racing with bots pluged into the cockpits.

Driver skill shows up most in class racing where cars are most equal.

As for the boring nascar ovals being easy ( Im sure Paul Tracy would agree) NOT!!.

When my country decides it wants something we go and earn (WIN) it!
IE. C6-7 Corvette , the GT-40 at Le Mans & the MOON

almost forgot the US gdp grew almost 20% in the last two years an amount that exceeds china or india's total gdp!

also our employment rate exceeds 96% even with 8 million illegals (that dont pay taxes)

Its capatalisim that stimulates tech growth so lay off our entertainment (NASCAR)
#13 - th84
Great, lets turn it into a flame america thread instead.illepall
Envy causes way too much whineing
Not my fault

Don't know who said it but

" dont tell me what your going to do but show me what you have done" comes to mind.

We Give away so much

And they will still bitch no mater what we do!!
#15 - th84
Quote :" dont tell me what your going to do but show me what you have done"

I hear Kenny Wallace say that all the time! lol
He didnt make that up (did he ?)
See even our dummies are smart!!
#17 - th84
I dont think he made it up, but it sure is funny coming from him!!
Bring it on, come free the europe and F1, bomb us and give us freedom and liberty! Note that you must take the resposibility of your goverments actions if you advertise and shout out your support like that.

Well done Mr Montoya, smartest move ever, if you had done this before this season it would have been great. Than you giving us the good laugh
th84> Wow, you're really taking everything personal, aren't you? Christ.

I don't find F1 interesting either, it has nothing to do with racing anymore. 95% hi-tech, 4% money, 1% skills.

Flaming is not my cup of tea, so I'll just leave that to you guys. Just wanted to let you know that I don't want to flame USA or NASCAR, and that F1 is boring..
If he was offered a long term contract at Williams then i still think he is a fool. Nascar has lots of overtaking...about 60% of the time, even hardcore fans know that not all ovals lend themselfs to overtaking.

But F1 is changing big time, and for the better. Come 2008 we will see a return to driver skill over electronic gizmos, and to bail out now is the wrong decision in my opinion.

But its his choice, he will have more fans racing in america because he was successful there before. And theres less politics and bullshit in american racing.
Saving europe
I believe my ancestors did that not once but twice before!!

As yours were goose stepping toward russia and bombing the britts.

and others countries have been living off the hidden gold and treasure ever since.

Whos industreal genius turned the tide???

How soon they forget

Any way the diesel is a very impressive machine afterall they did invent it too

And the Krauts did finally elect a better chancelor

please try not to take things so personally.

if your country had helped so many for nothing but a finger in the eye how would you feel??
efi origin
Who did bosh buy the original annalog gasoline efi patents from??

American Rambler yep its true.

( It was stupid to sell the them)
Quiet here
o yeah
NASCAR
IS LIVE ON TV
Yeah, who wouldn't?
#25 - Vain
I can't stand all this free media stuff and peace anyway...

Vain

Juan Montoya to NASCAR?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG