The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
I know I shouldn't take the bait but - I get that it fashionable to bash COD but why do people specifically come in to a thread on it just to say its sh*t and people shouldn't buy it. Something that may appear to be shocking here, and I am sorry that I am not breaking this gently, people have different tastes and like different things You guys don't like COD we get it, so the simple answer is don't buy it and leave us in peace to play it and talk about without having to read past post after post of the repetiticious drivel of it looks the same, you bought a map pack, COD sucks. As much as I know Battlefield to be a better FPS I have given previous ones chance but I have never got into the game like I have the cod series, I don't enjoy playing battlefield and I do enjoy playing cod so money well spent in my opinion.

Also £50 is a bit steep, between the discount offers and buy something get cod cheap I don't know many people that paid much over £30 for MW3 and when you work it out like that it is effectively the cost of a map pack (considering it is a campaign, survival mode, 16 maps) so renders that point dead in the water.

I agree with Franky.S though, if the COD franchise changes too drastically in one go it would alienate people who play it. People may complain about one part or another of the game but the fact is the people who play it, play it because they like how the game is now. So it isn’t too far to imagine that if the game was really different that the people who play now wouldn’t play it anymore.

Personally though, campaign so far is typical cod which is set pieces and enjoyable. Online, there is a few problems with it but nothing to major and I am enjoying it. The only thing that is annoying me is that elite is down, can’t believe they underestimated the number of people trying to access it.
Quote from DeKo :So you're happy paying £50 for a few new maps?

yes, problem?
Quote from Greboth :I know I shouldn't take the bait but - I get that it fashionable to bash COD but why do people specifically come in to a thread on it just to say its sh*t and people shouldn't buy it. Something that may appear to be shocking here, and I am sorry that I am not breaking this gently, people have different tastes and like different things You guys don't like COD we get it, so the simple answer is don't buy it and leave us in peace to play it and talk about without having to read past post after post of the repetiticious drivel of it looks the same, you bought a map pack, COD sucks.

It's an anti-culture movement. It's a natural human responce, and in their minds it is also backed by logic. Works the same with everything from Justin Bieber, to Nickelback, to Star Wars, to iRacing, to NASCAR, to Apple and ect.

Without that we might just all be robots. I know that those who like Call of Duty find it annoying that those type things are posted on this thread, but to those backing the anti-culture movement this thread on the forum list is just as annoying and it prompts everybody to put out their opinion. This is a forum, and that is what is going to happen on a forum; you're going to get opinions.
I've played it though, and it is shit and basically MW 2.5. Therefore I have every right to say so, believe it or not but people have opinions. I've had every COD released but I knew I wouldn't buy this, its no step forward and brings nothing new or innovative to the franchise. Who are you to dictate what others post on a public forum.
I find I agree with much of what people say about cod, but I still quite like it anyway.

I know exactly what I'm getting for my 30 quid. The map packs are too expensive, I don't bother with those, but in the context of 10 quid for a map pack, mw3 is decent value even if it is just the same (but different) old thing.

It's just pick up and play shoot em up fun.
Quote from Franky.S :yes, problem?

Nope, no problem. You're getting very defensive though, you seem to be reading meaning from my post when there was none.
Started downloading it on steam... I enjoy playing the call of duty campaigns more and more each time ^^

Also, piece of shit Virgin Media capping my dl speed @ 280KB/S FUUUUUUU
Might just goto blockbuster and rent it. I see no point in buying the full game as the online portion is mainly a map pack. So its worth the $8 to play for 5 days, but not $60 because it will be set aside in less than a month.
Quote from PMD9409 :Might just goto blockbuster and rent it. I see no point in buying the full game as the online portion is mainly a map pack. So its worth the $8 to play for 5 days, but not $60 because it will be set aside in less than a month.

Or even 60€. I liked first two games, but... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. It's still the same.
I'd consider buying it for 15-20€, it doesn't have bigger value for me. Campaign was told to be around 6-8 hours, but on regular it can be done in less than 4 hours. Multiplayer isn't worth it, i love my TF2.

Still watched the storyline on youtube and i must say it's good conclusion of the trilogy, even for a CoD game.
Quote from Cornys :It's an anti-culture movement. It's a natural human responce, and in their minds it is also backed by logic. Works the same with everything from Justin Bieber, to Nickelback, to Star Wars, to iRacing, to NASCAR, to Apple and ect.

Without that we might just all be robots. I know that those who like Call of Duty find it annoying that those type things are posted on this thread, but to those backing the anti-culture movement this thread on the forum list is just as annoying and it prompts everybody to put out their opinion. This is a forum, and that is what is going to happen on a forum; you're going to get opinions.

You are correct in everything you say, it does seem equqlly as fashionable to hate things as much as it is to like them. I am happy for anyone to post their own opinion in here and say what they think and why, not everyone is going to love it and a discussion then could be had. To just come in and say it sucks is pointless, guess I just don't see the fun in trolling.
Quote from DeKo :Nope, no problem. You're getting very defensive though, you seem to be reading meaning from my post when there was none.

maybe i read it wrong but i read that as a "dig".
Finished the main campaign in a little under 5 hours. no complaints from gameplay, was pretty good and some nice effects
Quote from E.Reiljans :That's not nearly as bad as playing for $350 for a 5 years old piece of hardware

Omg you're such a lousy troll.. Maybe you should question how that 15 year old hardware plays the same games as your water PC for these 15 years..
Click on any Modern Warfare 3 thread in any forum on the internet, find posts by people who bought BF3 saying that MW sucks.

It's been a long time since it was this cool to bash a product. Like, Sega vs Nintendo long... I'm not even remotely interested in either game and my anti-troll medication needs to be upped to its maximum to keep me sane.

Some company's marketing machine has done a good job anyway; tell people during your first demo that this game blows MW3 out of the water with better technology, better guns, better maps, better anything - then watch an army of people bash that exact game. Poetry.
What are you trying to say? That the game doesn't suck? Get to the point please.
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol at the comments, it's like your minds get erased every year, you are getting the same stupid game every year ffs, with that same Bankghotic font they use every single time, it's quite ridicolous, but kudos to them, the system obviously works.

QFUT.
Quote from Bose321 :What are you trying to say? That the game doesn't suck? Get to the point please.

MW3 will sell millions of copies and prove to be a highly succesful game, albeit far less succesful than its predecessor(s). It's just a game based on years of evolving a game around certain ideas, and it works.

It's exactly the same - exactly - for battlefield 3. You're in a battlefield, there are vehicles, you shoot people and rank up. What's new? destructible environments? They would have had it in 1942 if the technology allowed it. It's just evolution based on a concept that has existed for years and years.

Activision just got complacent (blame Treyarch for being unable to push innovation through) and didn't see any direct competitors to threat them. So DICE smartly made themselves a competitor with some clever competitor-based marketing and now we're all here comparing apples and oranges and making a big fuss about two entirely different games.

So the point, Bose, is that everbody is getting played in some way. MW3 people are getting played for paying for an expansion, BF3 crusaders are getting played for being marketing tools and I am getting played for responding to trolls and pissing not just MW3 or BF3 fans off, but all of them at the same time.
Quote from Bose321 :Why did you post? Obviously none cares...

rofl, you only made yourself look like a twat answering that since none cares?
Quote from manneF1 :rofl, you only made yourself look like a twat answering that since none cares?

The truth is harsh, isn't it?
Quote from Jertje :

So the point, Bose, is that everbody is getting played in some way. MW3 people are getting played for paying for an expansion, BF3 crusaders are getting played for being marketing tools and I am getting played for responding to trolls and pissing not just MW3 or BF3 fans off, but all of them at the same time.

Dont outsmart yourself there mate

Seriously who cares? I play bf3 because I like it...not because i was told to like it. If gamecompany added a feature i like into a ame, ofcourse i play their game. I havent tried COD yet but im sure it wont offer me anything that most other games cant, though who knows, i might even like it when i try, doesnt just look tempting atm. Battlefield therefor has some advantages over rivals (for me at least). So just accept the fact that people have different tastes and ffs move on!

(I know my last sentence is going to be ignored anyway)
The minds must have been erased, because they think people only troll because BF3 is out with MW3. Too bad people said it sucked in BO, MW2, WaW, etc.

And Jertje, thanks for agreeing with most saying that BF3 has evolved and MW3 has not. You probably didn't mean to say it, but you let the truth slip there. Also by your logic, BF3, MW3, TF2, CSS, ARMA, AA, etc are all the same game. After all, they are just first person shooters...
Who cares what game is better? If somebody enjoys MW3 let them enjoy, why does everybody need to constantly put them down. And the same with people who enjoy BF3. I prefer MW3 over BF3 and that's my choice, if somebody prefers BF3 that's their choice, and im not going to argue with them about it. A games just that, a game, ****ing hell since when did the internets get so serious.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG