The online racing simulator
Lack of clutch after several laps.
Hello,

I am enjoying LFS quite a bit now but I have discovered a worrying problem. When I have done approx 5 laps around a medium length track the clutch goes...dead...out of nowwhere. The revs shoot up, but my car gains no speed. I can go back to the pits then exit straight away again, but if I am in a race I'll lose my position. I am using a sequential gearbox with the clutch on auto. Not really sure what to do on this one, maybe the clutch is cutting out after a certain amount of the fuel has been depleted?? Just so you know I do mostly GT racing and have got the GulfMclaren Livery, it's great

kind regards,

TrackCarFan.
#2 - Bean0
Sounds like you've overheated the clutch with bad shifting.

You can see clutch temp on the F9 info screen, a little heat is normal but once it goes red you will get the lack of drive you described above.
Quote from TrackCarFan :Hello,

I am enjoying LFS quite a bit now but I have discovered a worrying problem. When I have done approx 5 laps around a medium length track the clutch goes...dead...out of nowwhere. The revs shoot up, but my car gains no speed. I can go back to the pits then exit straight away again, but if I am in a race I'll lose my position. I am using a sequential gearbox with the clutch on auto. Not really sure what to do on this one, maybe the clutch is cutting out after a certain amount of the fuel has been depleted?? Just so you know I do mostly GT racing and have got the GulfMclaren Livery, it's great

kind regards,

TrackCarFan.

If you are using the UFR FZR, (Both GT class) You will need to lift when shifting (about 75% to 50% throttle) to shift into the next gear (Blipping on downshifts help too.)

Check in the garage, If it's anything but a Sequential Dogbox/Gearbox w/ ignition cut then you will need to lift when shifting (at least that's what I remember.)
If you lift in the FZR when shifting, the clutch should stay cool. But the FZR clutch can take alot of heat before it starts slipping compared to the other GTs. Many people utilize this and do clutchless shifts in strategic places during the race to reduce the speed drop while the throttle is lifted. But keep an eye on the clutch temperatures if you do clutchless shifting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG