The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2011: Season Debrief
Well another season of LFSCART in the bag/bin/whatever you want to call it.

Highly impressed with the consistent turnout all season, with all but a few races having a full 30-car grid. Competition was good all round, with many able to put a W on the board, and only a couple repeat winners.

Plenty of controversy which was a downer, but overall most action was clean, intense, but most of all fair.

Some kinks / redundancies / errors to sort out in the rules, but that's part of the rules redo coming up for all of NDR.

We intend to do a 5th season of LFSCART (this was the fourth, started in 2008), and it will start in it's usual April / May time area. Here's to hoping the new tyre physics and that one English track come out before then!

Your comments/'gratz/suggestions encouraged / welcomed here. We'll take a look back at this thread when we prepare for LFSCART 2012.

Thanks to all of you who participated in this year's LFSCART, officialy 81 drivers through the season!
Safetycars:

When a safetycar is being deployed the lapped cars should be moved ahead of the leaders, and at the "One to go" signal they should be able to start racing at the half way mark of the lap.

Races:

More road races.
If possible we should have a 12 or more race season, and include configs.

I feel that nothing else need to be changed.

One thing that would've been cool to try is Fixed setups, but I guess its quite hard to make that happend. (Or impossible, I wouldn't know)
Quote from aroX123 :Safetycars:

When a safetycar is being deployed the lapped cars should be moved ahead of the leaders, and at the "One to go" signal they should be able to start racing at the half way mark of the lap.

Races:

More road races.
If possible we should have a 12 or more race season, and include configs.

I feel that nothing else need to be changed.

One thing that would've been cool to try is Fixed setups, but I guess its quite hard to make that happend. (Or impossible, I wouldn't know)

Safety Car: What do you mean exactly with "start racing" in context with the lapped cars?

Longer season: The problem of a longer season is, that there is a more significant drop of interest towards the end of the season. Configs will definately be worth a thought for the next season.

Fixed setups: It is only possible with a huge amount of admining or software. It is do-able non the less.
Quote from TFalke55 :Safety Car: What do you mean exactly with "start racing" in context with the lapped cars?

A 2nd start/finish line for the lapped cars at the backstretch or somewhere at the midpoint of the lap the lapped cars should be waved the green flag, while the leaders have to wait till the real start/finish line.
Quote from aroX123 :A 2nd start/finish line for the lapped cars at the backstretch or somewhere at the midpoint of the lap the lapped cars should be waved the green flag, while the leaders have to wait till the real start/finish line.

Thats the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my whole entire life.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Thats the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my whole entire life.

I'll third it. Are you basically implimenting NASCAR's wave around rule into open wheel racing?

Problem is, you're sending all of them, and you're sending them in the wrong zone and in the wrong way

The leaders would basically just have to keep lapping the same people over and over again after the restarts, and it would basically make getting laped not mean much. A rule like this in my opinion doesn't have a place in open wheel racing (about like double file restarts... fun in Stock Cars: annoying, dangerous, and scary in open wheel cars)
Fixed sets would suck imo :P
Wave around for oval sure, but do it like NASCAR so that not just anyone gets the wave around. You have to be directly behind the pace car (meaning the leaders pit), so that you are eligible to get it. RC's it would just be useless and you would never use it.

And fixed sets only work if you fix certain parts of the setup. However a series like this doesn't need to think about fixed sets at all.
Quote from PMD9409 :Wave around for oval sure, but do it like NASCAR so that not just anyone gets the wave around. You have to be directly behind the pace car (meaning the leaders pit), so that you are eligible to get it. RC's it would just be useless and you would never use it.

And fixed sets only work if you fix certain parts of the setup. However a series like this doesn't need to think about fixed sets at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just the way it is now? All cars between SC and leader may pass the SC, after being told to by racecontrol. Or do you mean in its full bandwidth with lapped cars behind the leader have to get to the back of the line sothat all lead lap cars are behind eachother.
No I mean that on ovals, if the leaders pit, and lapped cars stay out and become behind the pace car, then those cars get the wave around. I'm pretty sure it isnt in the rules because we were going to pit to help a team mate get on the lead lap, but we chose not to because I don't think it is actually in the rules. The wave around is if the lapped car is stopped by the pace car, but not after pit stops.

If I'm wrong, forget I said it.
Quote from PMD9409 :No I mean that on ovals, if the leaders pit, and lapped cars stay out and become behind the pace car, then those cars get the wave around. I'm pretty sure it isnt in the rules because we were going to pit to help a team mate get on the lead lap, but we chose not to because I don't think it is actually in the rules. The wave around is if the lapped car is stopped by the pace car, but not after pit stops.

If I'm wrong, forget I said it.

1. You are wrong, we would have waved around any cars stuck between the leader and the SC at any time, even if after pitstops.

2. I'll remember that you said it.
It was pleasent for me to race with some nices guys
But I haven't the pace during all the season and I didn't have enough practice time :/ so it's for this that I preferred to focus on Speedsims's FXR Series instead racing here.

I will maybe race on the future season

BTW, thanks and gratz to the staff for this championship
Quote from dekojester :1. You are wrong, we would have waved around any cars stuck between the leader and the SC at any time, even if after pitstops.

2. I'll remember that you said it.

Okay, now where is my 150?
I have a question: When will the next season start? We´re really looking forward for attending next season
#16 - CSF
Funny boy, which month ca.?
Read the blooming schedule thread...
#19 - CSF
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :Funny boy, which month ca.?

Sadly I am not being funny. I know it will be coming in 2012, but to be honest I am not sure when.
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :Funny boy, which month ca.?

Well we plan for the April/May-ish time again to start the league with races in June July and mostlikely August. When we worked out the schedule we will announce it here, I also will launch a thread in the german Forum and the dates will be entered into our Facebook page.
Traditionally, LFSCART starts around late April / Early May

E: DAMNIT THILO :P
Winter series plox
#24 - Emyn
+3

LFSCART 2011: Season Debrief
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG