The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
Quote from R34GTR :Just did a lap in the Mustang at Laguna Rival event, the person who is now my rival (but not on my friends list)...

danowat32 what are the chances!

What are the chances indeed

Rivals mode is SERIOUSLY addictive, have been having some epic back and forth battles with many people
Quote from danowat :What are the chances indeed

Rivals mode is SERIOUSLY addictive, have been having some epic back and forth battles with many people

I would add you, but your list is full!
Quote from Matrixi :Sadly the cars are skinned in a way that even if the proportions of the body match, the decal placement will still be somewhat out of whack and require a lot of adjusting.

Did start the conversion job for the early model NSX though, will hopefully have it completed by the end of the day.

Edit: And she's done. Can be found at storefront by searching for "takata".

Change the wheels to a gold/bronze colour and I'd say thats pretty much perfect. Good job.

I've only made one paint job so far and it was a simple one. The Top Gear Starion. I'll put it up on the Storefront on Monday when I get more Live.

Also started on a BRE Datsun 510. Just need to make the logos and it will be ready.
AWW, I can't paint my volvo replica because you can not paint over the bumpers
One thing I've always wondered, and I could be wrong, but is it just me or are the metric spring rates in Forza completely ludicrous?

They are supposedly given in kgf/mm, which as far as I understand it is the amount of force in kilograms you have to apply to the spring to compress it one millimetre. Now take the average car, put in the suspension upgrade so you can manipulate the spring strengths and lo and behold, a value of maybe ~80 is considered a somewhat stiff spring. Really?! That spring alone could hold up a 1.5 ton car with just 1.9cm (0.73in) of travel - and there's four of them in the car. Might as well put solid steel blocks inside at that point.

Now if those rates were kgf/10mm, or kgf/cm for that matter, that'd be a lot more realistic, but either I'm blind or I'm just not seeing it pointed out that you're entering values in 1/10th of the displayed unit. If you switch to imperial the values given in lbs/in look completely fine.
Spent most of today making Marco Simoncelli tributes for Forza, trying to perfect his number 58. This is my best effort so far...
Attached images
marcoforza.jpg
hmmm i dunno if kgf/mm and kg/mm is any different but i divide the games value by 10 and it is the K value we commonly use. it should be kg/cm but the game displays the wrong unit.
Played this today at my dads house, very impressed when all the aids are off. Better than GT5 imo.
I offically love Rivals mode, doing the Laguna Seca one in the Mustang Boss and I've made over 500,000 credits in just a half dozen laps. All the target times I'm getting now are 1:50's with 150,000 bounty, I can do a 1:49 on a good lap.

My gamertag is Mess is Law, just incase someone beats my time and wants to rub it in.
-
(el pibe) DELETED by el pibe
I love my Driftpala

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I offically love Rivals mode, doing the Laguna Seca one in the Mustang Boss and I've made over 500,000 credits in just a half dozen laps. All the target times I'm getting now are 1:50's with 150,000 bounty, I can do a 1:49 on a good lap.

My gamertag is Mess is Law, just incase someone beats my time and wants to rub it in.

+1

Muscle cars are top class entertainment in FM4
we need a historic GT league. come on!
Got a little sideways with this beast.
Attached images
GetPhoto.ashx.jpg
Quote from danowat :+1

Muscle cars are top class entertainment in FM4

Another +1, never got into these beasts till now, too addictive.

FPVaaron - Are you pad or wheel? Struggling to get into the 1.48.xxx - you pull away from me on the exit of every corner in the last sector, but I will get it!!!

I went back to the world tour mode yesterday for something different, and really noticed the drop in AA, poor Xbox platform getting old (4x MSAA in less demanding conditions - hotlapping, 1vs1 rivals mode etc, but only 2xMSAA when it needs the cpu cycles for AI/models).

But..the lighting is amazing

Edit: Beat! Now to work on FinerElf64's time..where did that come from?!?!?

Have shared a 2011 WRX STi in the club garage, its the game/gamestation pre-order car...hope it lets people who didn't get it drive it. Will work on a tune soon..anyone have a different pre-order car?
Muscle cars ftw!

Attached images
Forza22.jpg
Forza23.jpg
Forza24.jpg
1:47.5… 40th on the mustang boss challenge and not yet pushing the car, come on lfsers try harder.
I seem to lose a lot of time on upshifting in the topgear kia ceed hotlapping. Compared to just about every rival I gain time in corners but lose couple of car lengths on every upshift. Are you guys using the autoclutch?

Muscle cars are indeed very nice! Not a big fan of laguna seca though...

If the steering was good I'd be really hard pressed to find any major faults in the game. The ai seems to bump into me sometimes like it doesn't see me at all and on some corners they brake check, like infineon T1 but that's really not all that bad when on other tracks it drives pretty well. Apart from steering I think the game is just really really good.
manual clutch is always faster.
Quote from JJ72 :1:47.5… 40th on the mustang boss challenge and not yet pushing the car, come on lfsers try harder.

Dude
Quote from FPVaaron :Dude

Pole time is still 2 second up though, I usually stop when I get within 1 second that's about my usual limit.
I wish I had a HD I can't see rival ghosts to improve my lap times at Laguna seca. I would love to see what people are doing to get into the 1' 0X" range at the lancia stratos challenge too. The suggested racing line and braking points are ridiculous and more of a distraction than an aid.

@JJ are you using a wheel or controller?
Finally got some more Live today. I've joined the LFS club and shared my A class NSX-R.

Also, I've put the Top Gear Starion paint job on my storefront for 1000 credits.

Looks good.

Couple bigshots.
Attached images
ForzaBigshot7.jpg
ForzaBigshot6.jpg
Quote from flymike91 :I wish I had a HD I can't see rival ghosts to improve my lap times at Laguna seca. I would love to see what people are doing to get into the 1' 0X" range at the lancia stratos challenge too. The suggested racing line and braking points are ridiculous and more of a distraction than an aid.

@JJ are you using a wheel or controller?

wheel and manual (foot) clutch, with paddles though don't have the extra cash for the fanatec shifter.

Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG