The online racing simulator
Marco Simoncelli Goodbye!
(61 posts, started )
Quote from JPeace :I was going to say the same .. But I really feel for Vale, if you were to run over your friend and contribute to his death you would feel so bad. I really feel for him, but there was nothing he could do, no Shift - S.

It was Edwards that did the fatal hit. I feel for him more of. And Marcos family, and kids and or GF/wife.
RIP mate I cant express how im feeling i feel as though i lost a brother and i didnt even know the guy.
Has anyone noticed how his already on the tarmac before the hit?? Could something of happened mid corner that lead to the accident that we cant see from the footage?
Its just so.....
Quote from Franky.S :It was Edwards that did the fatal hit. I feel for him more of. And Marcos family, and kids and or GF/wife.

Not so sure mate, i was watching it live on V+ and paused it and replayed in slow motion a few times.

As Simoncelli is coming across the track, Edwards hits the middle/top of his back, as Rossi is right next to him on the inside it looks as if Rossi hits Simoncelli around the shoulder/neck area resulting in his helmet coming off. That contact along with the thorax/chest impact was a major contribution to the cardiac arrest he suffered.
Lets not debate which rider ended Marco's life. It happened, the more concerning thing is the way Marco came across the track like he did, maybe some kind of equipment failure??
Quote from DejaVu :Not so sure mate, i was watching it live on V+ and paused it and replayed in slow motion a few times.

As Simoncelli is coming across the track, Edwards hits the middle/top of his back, as Rossi is right next to him on the inside it looks as if Rossi hits Simoncelli around the shoulder/neck area resulting in his helmet coming off. That contact along with the thorax/chest impact was a major contribution to the cardiac arrest he suffered.

I saw a picture where you can clearly see that rossi is hitting his shoulder/head. But it doesnt matter now anyway.
Too many already.

R.i.p
He'd lost the front coming into the apex, the way the riders are they try to stay on as much as possible and carry on. The bike already had a large right angle lean so naturally it just followed the direction the weight of the bike and Sic was pulling it towards. Highly doubt any mechanical failure, if anything the electronic gizmo's probably hindered his recovery of the bike.
That was my thought, without the electronics would he simply have dropped the bike and slid down the road safely, or would he have been able to recover the bike without going across the track?
Terrible stuff

R.I.P
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That was my thought, without the electronics would he simply have dropped the bike and slid down the road safely, or would he have been able to recover the bike without going across the track?

Unsure, guess we'll never know
Quote from BlueFlame :Lets not debate which rider ended Marco's life. It happened, the more concerning thing is the way Marco came across the track like he did, maybe some kind of equipment failure??

early stages of the race, cold tyres and lack of talent for that moment. just unfortunate that he went off there. Wrong place at the wrong time.
Moto GP has a fairly good saftey rate... shame something like this happens just after we all lost Dan, or at all for that matter.

Just like Wheldon, Simoncelli was almost everybodies favourite, secret or clear.
Quote from BlueFlame :Moto GP has a fairly good saftey rate... shame something like this happens just after we all lost Dan, or at all for that matter.

Just like Wheldon, Simoncelli was almost everybodies favourite, secret or clear.

nearly all motorsport does, thats why when someone dies, it's really tragic more so)

Sadly theres nothing to prevent contact with the wheels.
Quote from BlueFlame :Who collectively gives a **** about Steve Jobs? Wheldon and Simoncelli didn't extort the chinese. Keep Jobs out of this thread.

Bringing out a fact hurts you so much?

Don't assume I'm a hardcore fan of him like *cough*Dustbin Dawes*cough* is.
Quote from hp999 :

Don't assume I'm a hardcore fan of him like *cough*Dustbin Dawes*cough* is.

Don't make me laugh, haven't seen him for a while, maybe he's mourning Steve's death still.
Quote from BlueFlame :Don't make me laugh, haven't seen him for a while, maybe he's mourning Steve's death still.

...or trying out the iCloud.
Quote from BlueFlame :Lets not debate which rider ended Marco's life. It happened, the more concerning thing is the way Marco came across the track like he did, maybe some kind of equipment failure??

He lost the front and tried to hold it on his knee and elbow. Usually what would happen is bike and rider would slide off straight (to the left hand side of the track), which would have been out of the way in this instance. Unfortunately, it seems the front found a bit of grip and it carried on in an arc to the right.
RIP.

I'm having trouble understanding how the helmet came off. I understand that one of the two that hit him hit his neck but I thought they made the strap extremely resistant so that the helmet never pops out...
According to the racedoctor there where tyre markings on his neck. Therefore, the impact was that big that his helmet strap broke and went off the head. But i guess after reading that, that he would've died even before the helmet came off....

RIP
Quote from Storm_Cloud :He lost the front and tried to hold it on his knee and elbow. Usually what would happen is bike and rider would slide off straight (to the left hand side of the track), which would have been out of the way in this instance. Unfortunately, it seems the front found a bit of grip and it carried on in an arc to the right.

Yea, it seems that way, but it's a weird incident, never seen anything like that before.. I know MOTOGP bikes use Traction Control, but do they use any kind of stability management system?
Really grim stuff this, worst accident I've seen for years.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, it seems that way, but it's a weird incident, never seen anything like that before.. I know MOTOGP bikes use Traction Control, but do they use any kind of stability management system?

not sure, but next year/season they are getting rid of traction control
Awwww man its awful to see him get hit and not move at all after. Instant death. Seems to have got hit in the head/neck area, is it?

So horiffic.
Woah pretty sad month in motorsports.....
Worst thing is when you celebrate a birthday on both wheldon and simoncelli's fatal accident
Honestly, I was celebrating my birthday then I saw Wheldon's crash on TV.
Then yesterday, I went to a friend's house for a birthday and saw Simoncelli's death announcement...

Marco Simoncelli Goodbye!
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG