The online racing simulator
All that fuss just 'cause he's black.
Quote from Kid222 :All that fuss just 'cause he's black.

"Trololol"?

I'm sure his skin colour helped with the pr and sponsorship, don't blame them for making the most of it, but it probably didn't help him win the gp2 championship, unless you envisage something like the film The Great White Hype.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, I expect nothing else from Ferrari to be honest, they see Hamilton as a target for an easy DT or penalty, and use it against him by lifting on the apex of corners etc

Have you ever participated in sport at any sort of serious level?

This is just sound tactics - Ferrari exploiting a flaw in the opposition. At the very least Hamilton is out of position and as it happened his flaw was exposed and he ruined his own race.

This happens in all sports. Darts players may slow their play to disrupt their rival's rhythm. Footballers will wind up a known psychopath on the other team to provoke a reaction. Cricketers sledge - Rod Marsh famously tried to wind up Ian Botham by asking him, "How's your wife and my kids?"

You do what it takes within the rules to win.
You do realise that Massa was still not even slightly at fault for the collision, right? He defended perfectly, and Hamilton drove into him.
Quote from tristancliffe :You do realise that Massa was still not even slightly at fault for the collision, right? He defended perfectly, and Hamilton drove into him.

He will never ever admit Massa had nothing to do with it... illepall
Now now, you know the thread rules: any arguments lacking examples from at least two races back and only focus on the current race will be disregarded.
Mmmm.

Incredible you guys can't make such a big fuss off something so little.
Well, that's really just the way sports rivalries are, aren't they?

Hell look at what happened with the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays this year. It'd be foolish to believe that the Yankees didn't at least consider that letting the Rays into the playoffs would completely derail the Red Sox (not to say that they threw their end of the season games).
You must live on Pluto, daylight isn't that bright there.
Quote from Kid222 :You must live on Pluto, daylight isn't that bright there.

Shame they don't public the data telemetry traces...
Quote from BlueFlame :Clear as ****in daylight that Massa lifted more than he needed to at the apex of the corner, you see the closing speed as Hamilton turns in is alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... e=player_detailpage#t=84s

And once again you are clearly wrong. Just watch this video from Hamilton's perspective:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... DdM2Y&feature=related

Hamilton is never behind Massa. He is actually driving slower than Massa because he's trying to slow down and then turn in right behind Massa. How can Hamilton be closing Massa if he's trying to let Massa go past the corner first and then dive in right after him?

It is also widely known that you can't drive into a corner as fast from the inside than you could if you were outside (apparently you haven't figured that yet) so even if Massa was a bit slower in the apex than Hamilton, it wouldn't mean anything. There might have also been a clear downforce advantage with Mclaren over Ferrari which means that Hamilton can dive into corners faster.

It's a shame there are people who can't admit that their favorite driver makes mistakes...well, it's also a shame that the driver we are talking about refuses to admit that he's made mistakes.
It's also irrelevant. It was Massa's corner and he is entitled to drive it at a speed that he chooses. Should everyone who block passes in motorsport be banned?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :It's also irrelevant. It was Massa's corner and he is entitled to drive it at a speed that he chooses. Should everyone who block passes in motorsport be banned?

I'll just slam on early in LFS and admins will give YOU a DT. Ok, it's an exaggeration, but there's a line between blocking/defending and just trying to wreck anothers race.

I'm not saying Hamilton didn't make a mis-judgement, I'm saying he made LESS of a mis-judgement, given that Massa lifted on the apex.
Obviously Hamilton is at fault. Massa didn't exactly slow down at the apex that much to warrant claiming he ruined anyones race but his own.

Honestly it isn't that big of a deal, just a simple misjudgement. But because it is Hamilton, people go nuts. Say something about Schumi trying to fly, running over some poor soul.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'll just slam on early in LFS and admins will give YOU a DT. Ok, it's an exaggeration, but there's a line between blocking/defending and just trying to wreck anothers race.

I'm not saying Hamilton didn't make a mis-judgement, I'm saying he made LESS of a mis-judgement, given that Massa lifted on the apex.

What has "slamming on" got to do with anything? If you don't have an argument then don't post.
Brake checking does not exist.
Jap GP thread is thattaway chaps ->

2011 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore)
(196 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG