The online racing simulator
I know this is an old sim and I'm not complaining but....
I heard that LFS has good FFB and I'm just not feeling it. I use a fanatec gt3 rs. v2
What do you mean you don't feel it? Is the FFB turned on? or is it set too low?
I've got it turned on and turned down to 30. If I raise it higher than 30 it just makes the wheel "heavier". I still don't feel any lateral grip or connected to the road feeling.
You should be able to feel everything - even the sidewall flex of the rear tyres!!
it takes a while to get it set up correctly.
but when you have it is very good.
I have G27
If you're coming from real-life racing, you might want to read this thread. Other than tips on how to correctly setup your FFB settings, there's also explanation why FFB will never feel like it does in a real race car.
Quote from Jshort :I heard that LFS has good FFB and I'm just not feeling it. I use a fanatec gt3 rs. v2

What don't you feel? Don't you even feel understeer/oversteer? Might be handy to post some of your settings of the wheel.
I use 900 degress in the profiler.
On the Wheel:

Sen.=off
FFB = 100
Sho+ 100
drift=3
ABS=100
Lin.=0
dea.=0
spr.=0
dpr.=0
I don't know if this helps, but I've had to lower my FFB in lfs to 13 to feel the steering force drop off. Then again, my wheel is old and worn in.

Always liked the strong FFB, but after reading the link in BullHorn's post, might as well have had a wheel with no FFB and a strong spring.

Edit: Steering force drop off is more prominent with setups that "push". My usual setups over steer before the drop off comes in.
Thanks for the help guys. I've turned down the FFB ingame to 15 and it seems to have come alive. It's subtle but I can feel it now.

BTW. Does LFS have a V8SC equal? Thanks.
Quote from Jshort :Thanks for the help guys. I've turned down the FFB ingame to 15 and it seems to have come alive. It's subtle but I can feel it now.

BTW. Does LFS have a V8SC equal? Thanks.

I would also lower the Drift modus on the wheel to 0 or 1.
After some testing, I've found out, for the G25, 26-27 in-game FFB setting with 101% strength in the wheel profile allows the wheel to reach near (what feels like) full wheel strength and provide feedback in the XRT. (attached is a generalized graph of the force cutoff)

This setting is car specific. Generally it can be used across the board for good feel, but in certain cars, the LX6,or FXO for example, the wheel feels "light" at peak G on the skid pad and must be readjusted to use the maximum strength of the wheel, while others' need to be turned down.

To adjust FFB by feel, first test what full wheel strength feels like. When steering force feels the same at any steer angle, that is the wheel's maximum output. Find a smaller range to adjust between by lowering the FFB slider until the steering force feels less than maximum at any steer angle, then move the slider up to a number less than 200 (most likely less than 50). Working with a smaller range will speed up the process. Split the range in half and test (for best results, test at race speed). There is now a low range and a high range to be tested. If the initial half is too strong, then the upper half can be discarded and vice versa. Repeat the process until the desired feel is reached.

Does anybody know if there is a way to detect the output of the wheel motor(s)?
Attached images
ffb2.png

I know this is an old sim and I'm not complaining but....
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG