The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
I would download this but I have 2gb space on my hard drive and the beta is only this weekend so nah
Quote from Boris Lozac :How come man, there are no bugs on the 1337 PC!!11!1!!

But that's true. Lag isn't a bug, it's just some crappy netcode.
Never had any lag on pc, occasional glitching graphics but at the end of the day it is a beta. Can't wait for full release, plays very well and starting to like the rush mode finally.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Disappointing...

25 days for them to fix:

Random crashes to desktop (5+ times last night)
Lag
Lag
Lag
Lag
Lag
Glitching vehicles
Lag
Random flashes on the screen
Lag
Lag
Obnoxious random flashes on the screen
Weird visual anomalies (floating weapons, glitching dead bodies, etc)
Lag
Unable to join some servers even, even empty one...says connection timed out while trying to connect...other empty servers have come back reported as full when trying to connect.
Lag
Lag
Lag
Lag
Lag

Game is pretty piss poor right now, they picked the worlds worst map for the default beta map...

Graphics are pretty tho...

It was the same with BC2 beta. They had very little time to smooth things up and fix bugs exactly like these present currently in B3 beta and they delivered. That's why I have trust in DICE that the full version will be of good quality.
Weapon sounds are fckin perfect!
I only had one issue. I didnt download the newest NVIDIA drivers and attempted to play. All went good until the screen had a blue haze. Going full screen made the drivers crash. So I updated the drivers and it all runs perfect. Surprised I don't get any fps lag. The server browser online doesn't bother me one bit. It works and is accurate, and it allows the exe they give to you to be smaller.

As said, it is a beta. I was expecting bugs because that's how it always is, but I surprisingly have not.
#507 - CSF
Stop being a fan boy Phil!
OMG I had one problem that wasn't a bug because they told us to update drivers, and I enjoy the game, I'm such a fanboy!

It has its issues of when laying down the arms go through the cam for a second, and one more thing that happens but its so small that I forget. If those things are supposed to bother me in a beta, then I am a patient and calm person.

I didn't change any settings either, literally just started playing. I had to unplug my G27 wheel though, only annoying bit, but doesn't downgrade the product at all.
So semi-auto snipers with holo sight...I've been destroying with that combination, all the power of a sniper, with most of the range, and very little recoil.
#510 - Uke
#511 - Uke
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :So semi-auto snipers with holo sight...I've been destroying with that combination, all the power of a sniper, with most of the range, and very little recoil.

Semi-auto sniper with no optics at all FTW Doing it the Häyhä way.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
It's fine for me on ultra.

For 5 minutes.

After that it's like 2PFS for some seconds > smooth > lag > smooth

I'm reading a 10 page thread about people having it too, but nothing from DICE...
All they do is work on the battlelog. If they just fixed like let's say some bugs in the actual client
It's totally unplayable today, droping under the floor every couple of meters, lag like crazy etc.
They'll not update the client when the fixes are already being added to final version.
All worked fine for me today. I encountered a bit of a lag in one match for 5 seconds, but that's all.
Quote from DejaVu :They'll not update the client when the fixes are already being added to final version.

How do they know those fixed actually fix the problems? Maybe it's just in their case, but not for most others.
Quote from Bose321 :How do they know those fixed actually fix the problems? Maybe it's just in their case, but not for most others.

patches.... bc2 still got one a week ago

btw, finaly got it running on pc
How do i turn on the flashlight? Oh and lately im falling into the ground alot. Once like half of the players fell down and then i got a triple kill. Everyone was shootin everyone underground.
#519 - Uke
You press T to turn off the flaslight.
Same goes for the red laser. I love to make people blind with it...
Oh damn. I saw the key bindings in controls too now. I am blind.
the game seems to think when my wheel is plugged in that the gas pedal is to move forward in backwards haha. but went 13/12 in my 1st game with settings right. game looks freaking aweosme even on lowest setting
What do you guys think about animations, i'm not impressed, everything looked better in BC2, running, dying etc..
Quote from Boris Lozac :What do you guys think about animations, i'm not impressed, everything looked better in BC2, running, dying etc..

Yeah, I'm not impressed either, it's not like it's any better compared to BC2. I like how you see your feet when you jump over something and when you're proned how you crawl forward but the rest isn't really better. I wouldn't say it's worse though, looks and feels the same to me.
our small LLM based platoon
FlyinManiacs
link removed due to it not being real lol...

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG