The online racing simulator
#1 - jnich
is there a way...otjher cars on trk?
when hot lapping is there a way to turn on other cars being on the track that we can pass, etc?
#2 - Zay
No, and I dont see why you would want this.
#3 - jnich
to practice being on track with other cars

Quote from Zay :No, and I dont see why you would want this.

In Single Player mode you can "Add AI driver(s)" to race with.
Go to Single Player mode and add some AI drivers.
#6 - jnich
solved
thank you all - made it more fun
No worries; please do have a look through the LFS Manual.

You'll find plenty more stuff to make LFS whole lot more enjoyable!
#8 - jnich
please don't assume I haven't - i am doing the best I can so I do not disturb other more experienced users

Quote from Silverracer :No worries; please do have a look through the LFS Manual.

You'll find plenty more stuff to make LFS whole lot more enjoyable!

Quote from jnich : i am doing the best I can so I do not disturb other more experienced users

Best way to learn how to drive and race properly is to race online.First time you'll be slow, but in time you'll gather more experience. Also, you can watch other players or ask them to help you with setups or tips.If you race in single player all the time, you'll get bored of LFS very fast. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
Quote from mariu97 :Best way to learn how to drive and race properly is to race online.First time you'll be slow, but in time you'll gather more experience. Also, you can watch other players or ask them to help you with setups or tips.If you race in single player all the time, you'll get bored of LFS very fast. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Yeah, but to try out the sim in single player first is a good way to get familiar with the sim, and to get control over his own car. There is no point in racing online if you cannot control the car in a respectable way. But of course, dont be afraid of taking the step into online racing. If you join the right servers, you will find many people who are willing to help out :-)
racing
thank you - both

i installed this for my 84 year old Mom after I installed it at my house and tested the wheel, etc. - otherwise she was going to make me track my S2000

It will be a while before she is ready to go online and but she having fun - I gave her my DFGT wheel and now I find myself wanting one for me since I am having fun with only a mouse.

When she can almost keep up with single player cars, I will suggest she go online - perhaps, and I don't know) she and I can race against each other in time.

wondering if I can make the other drivers in single player mode slower so she does not feel so inept ( same for me to tell you the honest truth)

regards
I wouldn't worry too much. I've been playing LFS for years and I'm STILL inept It's all about the fun you have while you're taking part!
Quote from jnich :thank you - both

wondering if I can make the other drivers in single player mode slower so she does not feel so inept ( same for me to tell you the honest truth)

regards

In the same page you add the AI's, you can select the AI "Skill Level" varying from "Beginner' to "Pro"

But even the "Pro" AI will be much slower than real life racers, but it is decent for beginners.

is there a way...otjher cars on trk?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG