The online racing simulator
Team AMD FX sets Guiness record
(19 posts, started )
Quote :(PhysOrg.com) -- AMD has set the world record of fastest CPU with a speed frequency of 8.429 GHz, winning the company a place in the Guiness World Records. AMD’s yet-to-ship Bulldozer-based FX chips drew the Guinness ranking for the "Highest Frequency of a Computer Processor." The AMD-FX CPU is set to debut in Q4 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKN4VMOenNM
well if it can run 6 ghz with a "stock" cooler ill be impressed
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well if it can run 6 ghz with a "stock" cooler ill be impressed

That argument is invalid.

What if the stock cooler is so shitty that it barely keeps the cpu cooled at stock speeds? U cant judge cpu's capabilities by its cooler. If u want to overclock then its obvious that u will need an aftermarket cooler.
Impressive, but basically means nothing to your average consumer... Once we get those speeds with normal, accessible cooling solutions then we'll have something to be amazed about.
Quote from hazaky :That argument is invalid.

What if the stock cooler is so shitty that it barely keeps the cpu cooled at stock speeds? U cant judge cpu's capabilities by its cooler. If u want to overclock then its obvious that u will need an aftermarket cooler.

Six-core Phenom II's, for example, have pretty decent stock coolers, with heatpipes and stuff.
Nothing that new. About 3 years ago I saw 8Ghz before. They basically poured liquid hydrogen onto the motherboard at this time.

From a single core too if I remember.
Quote from hazaky :That argument is invalid.

actually i never had a overheating problem with stock coolers on any cpu.
the highest i ever had was 60 C on my phenom II x3 (under long time load).
and that was during summer and a very dusty fan
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :actually i never had a overheating problem with stock coolers on any cpu.
the highest i ever had was 60 C on my phenom II x3 (under long time load).
and that was during summer and a very dusty fan

You obviously have never used Intel's stock coolers. Those manage to get CPU past thermal limit even without any overclock.
Quote from E.Reiljans :You obviously have never used Intel's stock coolers. Those manage to get CPU past thermal limit even without any overclock.

Seemed to work fine even on a Q9300.
Quote from E.Reiljans :You obviously have never used Intel's stock coolers. Those manage to get CPU past thermal limit even without any overclock.

Works great on my Q6600....after playing Crysis for 3 hours my CPU is 51 degrees...

illepall
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Works great on my Q6600....after playing Crysis for 3 hours my CPU is 51 degrees...

illepall

That's cause Crysis uses only 2 cores out of 4. Try Prime95
So what? I've never seen higher than 55 and that was about 3 weeks ago, when I was photoshopping while watching Youtube (at least that's what I call xvideos) and it hit 54.

Stock cooler with a load of dust as I found about a week ago when I put a new HDD. Dusteh dusteh. Since then I've not installed SpeedFan or similar on my new OS :sadbanana
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So what? I've never seen higher than 55 and that was about 3 weeks ago, when I was photoshopping while watching Youtube (at least that's what I call xvideos) and it hit 54.

Stock cooler with a load of dust as I found about a week ago when I put a new HDD. Dusteh dusteh. Since then I've not installed SpeedFan or similar on my new OS :sadbanana

lol, you use SpeedFan to see temperatures? No wonder you see them so low.

RealTemp is only app I know that shows really real temps.
Quote from E.Reiljans :lol, you use SpeedFan to see temperatures? No wonder you see them so low.

RealTemp is only app I know that shows really real temps.

How is that? Those programs just get the temperature info from the sensors, how can SpeedFan show lower numbers? How do you know RealTemp doesn't show higher temps?

edit: SpeedFan and RealTemp show exactly the same temperatures for me.
Quote from Bose321 :How is that? Those programs just get the temperature info from the sensors, how can SpeedFan show lower numbers? How do you know RealTemp doesn't show higher temps?

RealTemp gets temperature info from CPU's thermal sensor that shows distance remaining to TJ (temperature at which thermal throttling gets enabled). Not from motherboard sensors or stuff like that.
Quote from Bose321 :edit: SpeedFan and RealTemp show exactly the same temperatures for me.

That means just one thing - your motherboard is very, very good. On most motherboards, they show different temperatures.
Quote from hazaky :If u want to overclock then its obvious that u will need an aftermarket cooler.

ive been running my e6600 c2d(2.4) at 3.2 on intel cooler for past 4 years
Tango
Quote from E.Reiljans :That means just one thing - your motherboard is very, very good. On most motherboards, they show different temperatures.

Show the same for me.

3 people have now said that their stock intel coolers are more than up to the job and yet you are maintaining they are rubbish.

In other words, shut yurrr face.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Show the same for me.

3 people have now said that their stock intel coolers are more than up to the job and yet you are maintaining they are rubbish.

In other words, shut yurrr face.

Yeah, all Intel coolers are totally the same. Every single one. Right?
Well, to add my Prehistoric p4 3.2ghz works at 70º and have peaks of 78 with stock and clean fans

plus, i found everest ultimate really good to show temp from the mobo / cpu / gpu

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG