The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Oh perfect iRacing renewed my subscription.

The only problem is that I turned it off when I last time checked my account
Quote from Myffe :Oh perfect iRacing renewed my subscription.

The only problem is that I turned it off when I last time checked my account

It gets back to auto-renew mode everytime you let it expire and then renew, watch out for that.
Wow the McLaren coming to iracing huh that will make endurance racing better hopefully....but we wont see it for like a year true?
Nice car, shame about the sim they chose to put it in. How is iR 1.55?
Have they released more ntm yet?
Quote from AstroBoy :Wow the McLaren coming to iracing huh that will make endurance racing better hopefully....but we wont see it for like a year true?

Actually the bright people over at iracing are going against the idea of adding it to a series and instead want to create another series just for it to make the field even smaller..
Quote from anttt69 :Nice car, shame about the sim they chose to put it in. How is iR 1.55?
Have they released more ntm yet?

1.8 as they were on 1.7 before 2.0 announcement .

And physics announcements? Lol, you already know the routine. They go quiet about it, hoping we might forget, and then announce new tracks and cars. It isnt like they are not communicating on the forum, I get like 15 emails a day of them posting, however all the posts are useless when it comes to physics. Right now their hot topics seem to be:

Suzuka crash bug
Latemodel invitational
Mclaren
New smyrna

And randomness. Don't worry dearest ant, your avatar still applies.
There has been rumour that the reason why the beta tire model was changed so much was because the dwc drivers didn't like it. I wonder if this is true.
Well that rumour doesn't make any sense at all.
It's not. They listen to us about as much as rookie licensed legends drivers.
iracing, eric hudec, dave k. arrogance are really starting to get to me. My sub ends with this month and I think I'll be taking a break from iR for awhile.
Quote from CdnRacer :iracing, eric hudec, dave k. arrogance are really starting to get to me. My sub ends with this month and I think I'll be taking a break from iR for awhile.

Did you read this? The best bit is that they are contradicting each other on the tire, and once again are showing that the "data" they tell us is not the true data that comes up in sim.
The HPD tyre thread? Yes. It's basically pissed me off to the point that I need a break for awhile. Their arrogance is really starting to show and I'm feeling patronized at this point.
That thread has exploded into a great read.
Andrew B. makes me laugh. He is the definition of a fanboy.
Yeah its scary how much some of them are. If you read some of the things, it makes you think Iracing is a religion, dk is Jesus, and the other are followers. Truly scary.

Dk knows what's wrong, every bit of it. Totally. That's why he posts the opposite of how the tires are reacting currently when it comes to tire temps. Every post they make is just degrading their product because they show their true knowledge each time.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah its scary how much some of them are. If you read some of the things, it makes you think Iracing is a religion, dk is Jesus, and the other are followers. Truly scary.

Then does that make you Richard Dawkins?
I'm not a Brit.

Quote :Our office lease is up and we signed a new lease in the same building with a slightly better view. We are moving up to the second floor on Friday September 23rd. Our mailing address remains unchanged. Because of the office move, our phone system and mail servers will be down on Friday September 23rd and customer service will not be available that day. Additionally, support might be down through that weekend until Monday September 26. We will not lose any emails sent to support during this down time and will get to them once we come back online. However, you will not be able to leave phone messages during this down time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Important note: The iRacing member site, public site and all iRacing sites will not be disturbed at all by the office move and will be monitored 24/7 as usual.

Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah its scary how much some of them are. If you read some of the things, it makes you think Iracing is a religion, dk is Jesus, and the other are followers. Truly scary.

Dk knows what's wrong, every bit of it. Totally. That's why he posts the opposite of how the tires are reacting currently when it comes to tire temps. Every post they make is just degrading their product because they show their true knowledge each time.

lol and Physical Properties of Polymers Handbook is their bible.

Yep profits must be up if they are "moving to a nicer view".
iRacing is the best game ever. I don't know why you all complain so much, Dave Kaemmer and his team do a terrific job in such small offices. When they move and have a nicer view, I am sure they will find it easier to bring out more terrific released like the 2.0 patch!
<3 CSF.

DK could be smart in knowing most of how the tire reacts. I mean he literally quoted a book about tire physics in his thread, but that doesn't help him code it into his sim properly. They say they don't "take shortcuts". iRacing on a whole is one big shortcut covered up by advertising, constant distractions using new content etc.
I was half expecting to get banned for telling Eric he was talking pure shit in that thread. He must think we're all ****ing idiots.
Quote from DeKo :I was half expecting to get banned for telling Eric he was talking pure shit in that thread. He must think we're all ****ing idiots.

At least we know they don't ban for speaking the truth.
Quote from CSF :iRacing is the best game ever. I don't know why you all complain so much, Dave Kaemmer and his team do a terrific job in such small offices. When they move and have a nicer view, I am sure they will find it easier to bring out more terrific released like the 2.0 patch!

You are taking the pi$$ right?
Quote from PMD9409 :At least we know they don't ban for speaking the truth.

Do iracing ever ban someone??
I saw a driver who crashed the the halve of the field before a re-start in lap 78 in the race (he was 17 laps behind) and he never be banned for it. Not even for a day.
Quote from anttt69 :You are taking the pi$$ right?

Of course son.

Quote from Tim NL :Do iracing ever ban someone??
I saw a driver who crashed the the halve of the field before a re-start in lap 78 in the race (he was 17 laps behind) and he never be banned for it. Not even for a day.

Reported a guy for joining a practice, spamming the mic and just slamming into people as they go by the pits. Of course nothing happened to him.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Reported a guy for joining a practice, spamming the mic and just slamming into people as they go by the pits. Of course nothing happened to him.

I once organised a "hunt" on some guy on crashing spree, took 6 people in 2 Jetta races, so i created thread in Jetta section, where i gathered people, who he crashed and we sent mass report (every person one with their case), also demanded his head in that thread. Acion was taken, his account suspended, thread deleted after that, as it was against forum rules.

Sometimes you gotta do it the harder way. Though that's the only case i remember someone was banned for their driving.
/ego
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG