The online racing simulator

Poll : Who would you rate the highest out of these Single seater Talents.

Romain Grosjean
Will Power
Dario Franchitti
Kevin Korjus
Jean-Eric Vergne
Jules Bianchi
Alexander Rossi
Robert Wickens
Luca Filippi
Who would you rate the Highest out of these Single Seater Talents(Non-F1)
Personally i think about half of these drivers will be F1 within the next 3 years(some too old, some probably not enough talent or money) but the best currently I would say is a Toss-up between Grosjean, or Power.

I think Rossi probably has the most Future potential though.
Nyck de Vries is probably the most exciting non-F1 talent in the world right now next to Beitske Visser. That poll that I'd go for Bianchi.
Quote from JPeace :Where is Calado, Bottas ...

Can't put everyone, besides i said these, i never stated this was the best selection(allthough its probably close to it).
Where's Peace?
Quite a tough poll, as we're talking of people of very different age, experience, and carreers.

Grosjean has been mighty impressive over the last 2 years. Going from F1 reject, to FIA GT1 driver, to AutoGP champ, and ultimately GP2 champ. This, after putting DAMS back into shape, with no competitive team-mate. His experience(much superior to his main championship rivals) and the arrival of the 11 cars did help, but still.

Filippi... Well, this guy has always been quite an enigma before his arrival at Coloni. Mighty fast one day, nowhere the other. Put him in a Italian team(although currently struggling) and he's the class of the field, perhaps scoring more points than Grosjean himself in the last rounds. But once again being the most experienced guy in the short GP2 history(+100 starts) certainly isn't gonna be an advantage while getting in talks with F1 teams.

Bianchi. Big disappointment in first season half this year, causing several avoidable incidents on the top of it, but good recovery in second half.

Power... Supreme on road courses in IndyCar, but we always have that annoying problem of having more or less no benchmark between the US and Europe.

Franchitti. Well, his pace on road/street isn't THAT impressive, even not comparing to Dixon, but it doesn't seem to be a real problem for him. He always score big points as he has no bad days, and makes so few mistakes[though he had to prove me wrong with yesterday's race at Motegi...]. Then ovals come and he usually erases the points loss on Power on road/street. Anyway, because his age he just cannot be a factor for F1 anymore. Even for Power I have some big doubts, the spectrum of the ventures of Andretti/Zanardi/Da Matta/Bourdais are still strong in most people's mind.

Wickens. Would be cool to see him crowned in WSR, after finishing second in F2 and GP3. The guy seems to deserve more than a Virgin F1 drive.

Vergne. Suffering against Wickens at Carlin at the moment, but what do you expect when Red Bull steals so much valuable real life WSR track time to the guy, because of simulator duties:rolleyes:. If he still manages to get the title with that, it'll be a proof that he is really, really strong.

Rossi. He suffered against Gutierrez(who surprisingly isn't in this poll, certainly due to his disappointing GP2 season) in GP3 last year, but doing a good job in WSR nowadays, we'll see.

Korjus. Great season for a F2.0 graduate(especially considering the very strong WSR field this year), but he's had several off-week ends in a row recently. Too early to say IMO.

In the end I decided to be conservative, and voted for the reigning GP2 champ.

Anyway... Could've been interresting with Ricciardo included. Arguabiliy he isn't really in F1 yet, he mostly has that HRT seat for experience and get more familiar with procedures(etc), but his almost GP2-level machinery prevent him from fighting against anyone but his team-mate. Also, don't rule out the GP3 guys. Strong field this year, with 11 different winners(even if that was partly due to the several wet races, and of course reversed grids), and it was quite significative to see well established guys like Muller or Haryanto struggle so much against the newcomers(especially in first season half).
Voted for Jean Eric Vergne, he has everything, talent, money, sponsors,...but there is lot of good driver in rebull family
Me
none
James Peace
Bottas
Scott Dixon, or doesn't winning the indycar champs count ?
Quote from Racer X NZ :Scott Dixon, or doesn't winning the indycar champs count ?

hes good, but not as good as Power or Franchitti, however i probably should of put him here.
Dennis Lind.

/endthread
Kenneth O'Keefe and Dennis Lind.
Gone for Franchitti on this one. 3-time IndyCar Champion, 2-time Indy 500 Winner and he's still up there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG