The online racing simulator
Codemasters products
(15 posts, started )
Codemasters products
Hello, sim racers.
So, as you espect, I'll say some words about codemasters products, sush as DIRT3 and F1 2010. I was quite impressed with the games, spent lots of hours on those games in the last 4 days or so. What do you think about these sim/arcade games? Offcourse it doesn't compare to real life handling and car behaviour, but still, quite a great fun. When you turn of handling assists, it becomes (both games) very challengeling, but does that means, it is sim like? Post opinions, sorry for english.
I thought DIRT was great (especially Pikes Peakz), but I was never as enthusiastic about DIRT 2 or DIRT 3.

As for F1 2010, it was an unfinished game and that really bothered me.
#3 - heson
CMR1 or was it CMR2 had decent physics of the time, the other of the two was too arcade even for the times. (do not remember which)

Then everything (toca, rd, etc) was crap (or worse) until Drirt2. Dirt3 is not so good (I picked up LFS again after buying Dirt3).

The difference between Dirt1/3 and 2 is that you can feel the weight of the car, and use the weight to your advantage and (ofcourse) disadvantage since you have to use the breaks.
Quote from Rappa Z :As for F1 2010, it was an unfinished game and that really bothered me.

Same, but the license they have obligates them to release a game every year, so they had to rush it out. F1 2011 will be a much better game, it even has the safety car in it.
Topic is in a wrong section I think... Anyhow I'm not much into Codemasters products but I have good memories of CMR1, it was the first proper rally game I ever played.

When it comes to this day I have to admit Dirt 3 surprised me positively on the physics aspect. Well at least after some modding it felt quite good. I turned tire grip to 60% from the original, removed the shaking & G-force effects from cameras, moved them closer to the dash and added more FOV. I used 900 degrees of steering and h-shifter + clutch of course. After these changes driving the old skool RWD cars on Finnish roads was very enjoyable, it even managed to get me off RBR for a while. But I got bored of it quite quickly because it pretty much only has one decent special stage.
#6 - Mysho
Quote from BigPeBe :Topic is in a wrong section I think... Anyhow I'm not much into Codemasters products but I have good memories of CMR1, it was the first proper rally game I ever played.

When it comes to this day I have to admit Dirt 3 surprised me positively on the physics aspect. Well at least after some modding it felt quite good. I turned tire grip to 60% from the original, removed the shaking & G-force effects from cameras, moved them closer to the dash and added more FOV. I used 900 degrees of steering and h-shifter + clutch of course. After these changes driving the old skool RWD cars on Finnish roads was very enjoyable, it even managed to get me off RBR for a while. But I got bored of it quite quickly because it pretty much only has one decent special stage.

Do you also have Dirt 2? If so, which one was better in physics aspect?
Nope, don't have it. Dirt 3 was probably my first PC driving game from Codemasters since CMR1.
anyone else notice the Flexi-front wings?
TBH you see all this In real when its in Super Slow Mo.
Codemasters' games are so real that they belong to this section of the forum. [/bitching]
Pair up Codemasters with Scawen and Kunos, and damn that would be a hell of a F1 game.

I think I may get this though, looks pretty decent.

Codemasters products
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG