The online racing simulator
need help with cpu cooler !
(9 posts, started )
Hey guys ! i want to upgrade my cpu cooler to something cool looking. not that i have any problem with cooling but stock cooler looks gay. i want something that looks nice. here are you guys come in picture. I dont rly have time to look for one,i tried on newegg but there is so many.. So i want a cooler for LGA 1156 that uses the regular locking screws.i dont want any backplate behind the mobo. dont have to be huge so that breaks the mobo . i want it to looks nice,cool, w/e u call it. was looking at the V8 (thats nice for me) but too big imo.could have LED in it. red/blue
so please if u have time throw me some ideas. max price is 75$

oh and it would be great if it had thermal paste pre applied to it.coz i cant put that,im noob
I'm looking for a cooler as well, I'm considering getting an Antec Kuhler, which is a universal chip, maintenance-free liquid cooling solution. Although from pictures, it isn't at all that "flashy". It's the successor to the Corsair Hydro series, (only branded as an Antec)

by the way, does this look cool? It's universal, comes in a choice of blue or red
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16835118075
Nice coolers sorted by price:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $30 (use this myself, CPU never goes over 50°C heavily OC'd)
Scythe Ninja 3 - $50
Thermaltake Fio - $58
Cooler Master V8 - $60
Thermalright Venomous X - $75
Noctua NH-D14 - $85

If I was you, I'd either get Hyper 212+ (best bang for the buck) or Noctua NH-D14 (simply the best air cooler out there). A good compromise between those two could be Scythe Ninja 3, if D14 is too expensive for you.

Don't get those crappy watercooling kits tho - they perform worse than most of air coolers I listed, and they're overpriced. If watercooling is used, it should be used right - with proper pump, proper rad, proper fans etc.
Same goes to tire-looking Zalman's CPU coolers - they were good. Aren't anymore.
thanks! i was looking at that 212+ myself .the others like v8 and the d14 are too big,but looks nice.money is not an issue but i dont need huge cooling.so im gonna go with the size like the 212 has,gonna look for more options in that size.

zippy: somehow i dont like those zalman looks,but thanks
this would look cool in my machine but it has an adjustable fan speed button. shouldnt the pc do that controlling? other than that i love the looks
also this is nice

but i think i found mine. has easy install clip design,has paste on it,looks cool.
arctic cooling freezer 13
yep thats what im going with !

edit: i ordered it just now along with thermal paster remover and cleaner . now i just hope it fits in the case without removing side fans
i'm using this in my pc, runs great if there's any problem with the order

It comes out from the cpu about 3-4 inches, so make sure you have the width to fit it, its pretty big. It does have a backplate, but its really easy to mount it, you won't even need to remove the old one.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG