The online racing simulator
Some people said they could just install it over their previous 1.3 version but it is recommended that you do a clean install.

Quote :We recommend a new, clean installation.
create a backup of:
Documents\netKar PRO\licences
Documents\netKar PRO\drivers
backup your custom tracks (NOTE!!! don't create backups of nkpro official track, because some of them have been updated with some small fixes)
backup you custom skins
backup any other customization you've done
delete the Documents\netKar PRO
delete the old netKar PRO installation folder
Install netKar PRO 1.3 Final.

thx!
I have just buyed and tried the new Netkar Pro 1.3 Final.

Its looks good. The feeling is great. The Tyre model is very very good.

Still some bugs.
I was in a race today and suddenly the other cars are change into blue square boxes.
When i want to change the FOV , nothing change on the screen. The view stay the same.

Its works on 3 screens but no bezel correction.
The boxes instead of cars appear when new players join during the session. Their models are loaded when the session restarts.
Quote from Tim NL :
When i want to change the FOV , nothing change on the screen. The view stay the same.

Its works on 3 screens but no bezel correction.

That seems to be a 3 screen problem and certainly is a bug, I heard other people with 3 screens having the same problem. It works perfectly fine on my single screen.
Quote from Tim NL :

The FOV is just becoming more and more broken in every version

I made a quick fix for it: http://junk.kegetys.net/netkar_fovfix.zip

Just extract to the game dir, edit fov.txt to set a fov multipler and/or use pageup/pagedown while in game. It also enables anisotropic texture filtering. Probably needs the newest DX9 runtime.
Anyone else not pleased by the new menus? I don't like how it's now two or three clicks to get onto the track (pick car, comes up blank at first till I select it with the menu, pick track (ditto), then I have to click start session a total of 3 times to get onto the track.

What exactly was wrong with the old menus? They worked, they were simple.
Not a single problem here with the menus. Not a single problem with anything infact. Running great and racing wheel to wheel with other drivers is damn good fun now. The netcode seems massively improved. Just hope the online racing picks up now. Best feeling of any sim out at the moment, but the online racing is hugely lacking due to the small amount of online drivers.
Get a GT car.
Quote from Kegetys :The FOV is just becoming more and more broken in every version

Just extract to the game dir, edit fov.txt to set a fov multipler and/or use pageup/pagedown while in game. It also enables anisotropic texture filtering. Probably needs the newest DX9 runtime.

Thx for the FOV fix

Its working good ( it moves a bit fast but it works )
I did a clean install of 1.3 and when I tried to reactivate my account, it said no more activations available. Am i suppose to use the paycode i got when i first bought the game?
You can request 3 more activations on the support site

If you make a backup of your 'driver' and 'license' folder you don't have to reactivate nkp everytime you reinstall it
Seems to be a bug where only the new Vintage R works...trying to load other cars causing some weird behaviour. Was hoping to drive the other cars to compare how the new tire model changes improve things.
Quote from Mattesa :Seems to be a bug where only the new Vintage R works...trying to load other cars causing some weird behaviour. Was hoping to drive the other cars to compare how the new tire model changes improve things.

Completely clean install? Old Mydocuments/netKar pro folder removed before installing?
Quote from Hoshimodo :You can request 3 more activations on the support site

If you make a backup of your 'driver' and 'license' folder you don't have to reactivate nkp everytime you reinstall it

There's a problem I'm having, can't play the full game altho I do have the license and driver folder in the new installation
Quote from The Moose :Completely clean install? Old Mydocuments/netKar pro folder removed before installing?

It was a fresh install with reactivation too. There appears to be other folks reporting something similar on the official forums as well unfortunately.
Quote from Kegetys :The FOV is just becoming more and more broken in every version

Awesome, you made my day! Now where do I donate?

Always so impressed by people that knows how to do things like this; other than a course at the university in Unix OpenGL programming almost 15 years ago I know little about 3D programming...

One little thing to improve though would be to significantly decrease the stepping of the pgUp/pgDown keys. Now they seem to be like 0.5 steps. 0.01 steps or so would be better IMO.
Got to say, this is the first version I have tried of NetKar and it looks like I joined at the right time. Feels awesome
Just bought it, just for fun.

But I'm well aware that it might be Single-Player Fun only, but that's okay for me

I hope I don't have to race under my mothers name, because I bought it through her Paypal Account
Quote from ATHome :Just bought it, just for fun.

But I'm well aware that it might be Single-Player Fun only, but that's okay for me

I hope I don't have to race under my mothers name, because I bought it through her Paypal Account

You most certainly will! At least for me it's my full paypal name ingame...

I love to beat that little fiat 500 around the nordschleife tourist almost every evening since 1.3 full was released...
If you have a spare £13ish, it's worth it just to drive the Osella around the Nordscheife. Feels like being on an updated version of GPL.
Quote from rediske :You most certainly will! At least for me it's my full paypal name ingame...

I love to beat that little fiat 500 around the nordschleife tourist almost every evening since 1.3 full was released...

Just came back from a 3 hour, 300km blast around various tracks. And I must say so far: Aosta Semi-Oval Sport with the Vintage Replica car and a hint of rain is just about the best fun I've had simracing-wise since S1 days.

And you can race under an other name, not even the GUID is the name of my mother

And I haven't even bothered about addon tracks
You really made my day Kegetys! Trento reverse rocks
Nice acoustic guitar btw

clickiclicki

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG