The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
Haha. Mr.Kotick being a massive dick... As usual...

Also, no dedicated servers in MW3.
@DICE:

I've read in an interview with some CoD dev that they said they have the superior game engine compared to BF3. I lol'd.
No dedicated servers. Gooood news, makes it easier for me to put my money in the right place.
Tell you what MW3 will have this movie like story campaign that wont leave a fuzzy warm feeling inside you for saving the world :P People will complain.

It will have a Multi mode where 3 weapons will be OP people will complain they will make every other weapon stronger to compensate. People will complain.

The game will make people rage quit about the elite costing them money even though its optional....oh wait thats now xD

The game is just a mad ragefest.
#81 - DeKo
Makarov dies at the end of MW3. There you go, buy BF3.
#82 - Uke
Quote from DeKo :Makarov dies at the end of MW3. There you go, buy BF3.

Dayum, gotta pre-order bf3 now
Quote from Bose321 :I've read in an interview with some CoD dev that they said they have the superior game engine compared to BF3. I lol'd.

Obviously Quake 3 (1999) engine is superior to Frostbite 2.0 (2011), isn't that obvious?

Here are some reasons for it:
  • It is DirectX 9 only, which ensures it'll run even on calculators
  • It's netcode was initially made for 56k modems, which ensures you'll be able to play it even in middle of nowhere
  • It's sound system doesn't uses any hardware acceleration feature, meaning that this rich spoiled kid over the street with $100 soundcard which his mommy bought for him won't get any unfair advantage over honest you
Quote from E.Reiljans :Obviously Quake 3 (1999) engine is superior to Frostbite 2.0 (2011), isn't that obvious?

Here are some reasons for it:
  • It is DirectX 9 only, which ensures it'll run even on calculators
  • It's netcode was initially made for 56k modems, which ensures you'll be able to play it even in middle of nowhere
  • It's sound system doesn't uses any hardware acceleration feature, meaning that this rich spoiled kid over the street with $100 soundcard which his mommy bought for him won't get any unfair advantage over honest you

Didn´t they manage to bug black ops so hard that it didn´t even run properly with some BRANDNEW nvidia cards even if you would have a super computer? ^^
#85 - Uke
Quote from John5200 :Didn´t they manage to bug black ops so hard that it didn´t even run properly with some BRANDNEW nvidia cards even if you would have a super computer? ^^

Yes. I felt like a victim :<
I probably was going to buy this game, because I enjoyed cod4 and black ops on 360, but after playing cod4 for a few hours today, I cannot give money to a developer that treats its oldest customers so badly. It is almost impossible to join a lobby today that does not have some hacker who can teleport anywhere on the map, see and shoot through walls, have infinite UAV, etc etc.

The straw that broke the camel's back came a few minutes ago. I was bitching about a guy who was blatantly hacking, so he threatened to "Fk up my xbox". I thought he was bluffing but right when I was about to file a complaint, I was signed out of Live and my xbox froze and would not turn off until I had to unplug it from the wall. These hackers are getting very malicious and I want nothing more to do with the Call of Duty franchise. See you guys on BF3.
Perks, Pointstreaks, and Deathstreaks.

And dog tags? GTFO.
I so wish there is not such a person stupid enough to buy this piece of crap.

It would help PC gaming in general, because Activision will understand they need to do something new.
Quote from Mysho :I so wish there is not such a person stupid enough to buy this piece of crap.

It would help PC gaming in general, because Activision will understand they need to do something new.

It's just a bit of fun though right?

I quite like the cod games, I've played most of the ones available on PS3, plus Call of Duty:Classic. Simple good fun fps gameplay. I don't really see why people are so against the series. I'm not going to be buying MW3 at launch, but I probably will in the future.
Agree with you tbh sinbad. COD is just a pick up and play run and gun fps, if I want a challenge I will play BF. Anology I have made before is BF is lfs and COD is burnout, both involve guns (or cars) but they are different games in terms of game play. Then again it is now the in thing to bash cod. You say do something new but what can they really change? Yes they release new games which some slight changes and a new story but every series does, I don't know any successful series that have suddenly made a big change.

For refernce, I am getting bf3 for pc on release and mw3 for xbox on release too.
I mainly meant something like new engine, more like the feel of something fresh, because you have to admit that MW3 is still the same as MW2 or even MW1 and this kind of recycling a dozen of years old game is not something which I quite understand.

I don't hate COD in general, I more like hate those modern arcade ones, it all started with MW1 I think... I also played COD2 and liked it. However if you are free to pay 49,99€ for something you already played just with new maps and stories. That's not quite a way for me.

My point is that if Activision acted this way, so would need Dice - more rivality, more quality. Today you just support their laziness, because they already have millions of €€€ and no one would ever force them to actually start inventing.
Quote from Mysho :I so wish there is not such a person stupid enough to buy this piece of crap.

Well actually im pretty happy if they stay where they are... I want to enjoy my gaming experience and not get screamed by little children. Look at the attachment, 13 year olds love MW3 18 year olds love BF3

Quote from sinbad :It's just a bit of fun though right?

I guess almost everybody will agree with me that modern warfare is fun in a quick game but,
Quote from sinbad :I I don't really see why people are so against the series.

Have you played the games?? Tell me ONE reason why I should pay 60€ every year for a new story and some new maps. It´s the EXACT same thing over and over and over again.

Dice develops, they look what works and what not, they don´t just throw something on the market like activision. If something isn´t right, they change it even after the release. MW3 will have map packs. BF3 will have them too, but must probably FREE. BF3 has also something like the COD´s Elite thing, but FREE.

When Dice makes something and people complain, they listen to them and change it so that everyone can be happy, Activision just throws something on the marked and if people complain... nvm deal with it.

Every game reviewer site I´ve seen was like BF3: WOAH AWESOME. MW3 yes it´s a nice game... again.... but expect ANYTHING new.

I´m really looking foreword to the release of these games. Let´s see if the kids realise that the cake is a lie.
Attached images
MW3 vs. BF3.jpg
Phone rant, class has became a bore.

No series that produces a game each year has got my money since madden 2005 (had them all back to 2000). Back in COD2, it was nice. Similar stance to MOHAA. Then COD3 was a bit new because it was for new gen consoles. MW1 comes out and it was considered new, nothing wrong with that. However the hype from that sold world at war, which was just a new enviroment for the same game. MW2 was just another paid patch again. Black ops? No different, just made it worse with rc cars etc to kill people.

When the first bit of MW3 stuff was shown, it was SP fluff that made things look new, but as soon as MP gameplay was shown, bye bye.

BF, CS, DoD, ARMA, MOH all just try to produce something new. It's not that COD doesn't, its because they dont even try. It's an EA style release, everyone raises pitch forks at EA, so COD series will get no special treatment.

Oh and fun factor. As stated MW1 was fun, but that's how many years ago? CSS is fun and old, but its based solely on awareness and shooting skill, and doesn't come out with a paid patch every year.

Games cost $60, and COD asking for $240 for the same game is just stupid. If it was still MW1 with content patches i would be happy, but greed isn't fun in my eyes.

Made no sense but had to wrap it up, class is over.
Quote from John5200 :Well actually im pretty happy if they stay where they are... I want to enjoy my gaming experience and not get screamed by little children. Look at the attachment, 13 year olds love MW3 18 year olds love BF3

I guess almost everybody will agree with me that modern warfare is fun in a quick game but,

Have you played the games?? Tell me ONE reason why I should pay 60€ every year for a new story and some new maps. It´s the EXACT same thing over and over and over again.

Dice develops, they look what works and what not, they don´t just throw something on the market like activision. If something isn´t right, they change it even after the release. MW3 will have map packs. BF3 will have them too, but must probably FREE. BF3 has also something like the COD´s Elite thing, but FREE.

When Dice makes something and people complain, they listen to them and change it so that everyone can be happy, Activision just throws something on the marked and if people complain... nvm deal with it.

Every game reviewer site I´ve seen was like BF3: WOAH AWESOME. MW3 yes it´s a nice game... again.... but expect ANYTHING new.

I´m really looking foreword to the release of these games. Let´s see if the kids realise that the cake is a lie.

Well all I'd say to that is that you don't have to buy it. A new game coming out doesn't dissolve the disc you already own.

Granted there isn't a great deal different from game to game, but it's cod: a popular game why should they mess around with a lot? That would be like fifa (ea) deciding for the next game that there will be teams of inter galactic aliens in the premier league and you have a romantic back story with one of them. They won't change it much if it keeps selling, but like I said, you don't have to buy each one, especially not at full price.
Quote from PMD9409 :Games cost $60, and COD asking for $240 for the same game is just stupid. If it was still MW1 with content patches i would be happy, but greed isn't fun in my eyes.

Exactly - TF2, for example, costed $30 base and expanded 5x of it's original contents completely for free (except hats but those are useless)
Quote from E.Reiljans :Exactly - TF2, for example, costed $30 base and expanded 5x of it's original contents completely for free (except hats but those are useless)

yeah but cod is so awesome and cool and super realistic etc
Note sure if you are being sarcastic there or not Bose.

I wrote a long things out here but I see where you are coming from, it would be nice if they used a new engine. Something to polish the graphics that bit more, higher poly counts, higher res textures etc. Past that I don't really know what they could do. Personally speaking, for the reasons I said above, I don't want them to move cod towards realism as I like cod for it not being realistic.

I have just come back from a week away for work and in the evening as there isn't much to do 2 or 3 of us were messing around playing cod. It was a laugh and something fun to do but it wouldn't of worked if were playing something like battlefield.
Quote from Greboth :Note sure if you are being sarcastic there or not Bose.

Definitely
Quote from sinbad :Well all I'd say to that is that you don't have to buy it. A new game coming out doesn't dissolve the disc you already own.

You asked why there is so much hate against MW3 that was the answer. I will most probably download the game to play the single player but I won´t give them more then 5€ for that.

Quote from sinbad :Granted there isn't a great deal different from game to game, but it's cod: a popular game why should they mess around with a lot? That would be like fifa (ea) deciding for the next game that there will be teams of inter galactic aliens in the premier league and you have a romantic back story with one of them. They won't change it much if it keeps selling, but like I said, you don't have to buy each one, especially not at full price.

Well FIFA is also a money-cow but still since MW1 came out (5 years ago?) they upgraded the graphics, the physics, added collision physics, improved the AI.
It also sells millions of copies. It´s still a football game... but it develops.

BF also sells millions of copies and still they changed the game engine at least twice, introduced real destruction, improving that destruction, the ranking system thingy (free of course), the weapon and vehicle upgrades even while keeping balancing in mind, worked on the weapon feel, improved the graphics.
Just to name a few things.

MW... well in MW1 they had dogs in the single player, in MW2 they had dogs in multi player (and the awesome atom bomb), and in MW3 the dogs will even explode... awesome... (btw, I think it´s even still the same model and textures as in MW1).

Nobody bags COD having aliens in the game, but technology improving quickly so is SOME improvement should be made if they want to get 60€ from everyone every year (this year they of course get even more money with the least possible effort).

Fun fact: in 4chan people discovered what is missing in FPS games, the answer was dinosaurs... the first in game thing you see in the BF3 tank trailer is... a dinosaur. Dice just listens what people want to see.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG