The online racing simulator
Do you believe the life outside of earth?
(83 posts, started )

Poll : Do you believe the life outside of our planet?

Yes! Definetily
I have no idea
Yes! But only like bacteria
No! Definetily No!
Unlikely
Quote from FPVaaron :Any human being with any grasp on the size of the universe would be very simple minded to believe there is no life outside of earth.

Or religous.....
Quote from danowat :Or religous.....

I'm pretty sure he covered that with simple-minded. haha.
Quote from shashdev :
So, we would have to go and look at around 10 millions stars just in our galaxy to even have a fair chance at finding another civilization

Surely you mean Planets not Stars? Life as we know it cannot exist on a star.
Or do you mean 10milllion solar systems?
Quote from danowat :Or religous.....

I doubt that god lives on the earth.

Then again, astronauts are outside the earth.
Quote from JPeace :I'm not ruling out that some other non-carbon based life-forms may exist, for instance a metalic-based life-form that could withstand greater gravitational forces than humans may exist. But I am sure that we would never find any,....

Why mettalic? Organic life forms could live on a planet with twice or even three times earths gravity. Imagine a 4ft human with thicker bone structure & a smaller skull.
We will eventually find something, but it may take a very long time. There could even be life within our own solar system. What if an organism has evolved to live within the methane lakes of Titan?
Without doubt, there is other lifeforms out there. There are almost unlimited stars, planets and more, there GOT to be life on at least one other planet.
Quote from The Very End :Without doubt, there is other lifeforms out there. There are almost unlimited stars, planets and more, there GOT to be life on at least one other planet.

If im not wrong, dead bacteria or such stuff was found on the moon while inspecting the surface. Im not sure if im right on this one. I think i saw this on Discovery Science.
Quote from anttt69 :
Quote :The most current estimates guess that there are 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which has hundreds of billions of stars

...which means there are solar systems in the universe as much as there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth, put together (quoting scientists). To say that "there are no such things as aliens" is just infinitely egocentric.

What amazes me the most is the fact that the whole universe was just a spec before it explode/inflate... WTH was before that and for how long??! And where the hell is our universe situated??

@black holes - opinion: brings back all matter to the state it was at the beginning, known as "singularity".

To all interested in universe in general I recommend:
Stephen Hawking - Into the Universe: The story of everything (watch the whole hour and a half movie, not just this short videos), and
Wonders of the Universe with Brian Cox, episode 2 - Stardust - this one reveals what we are made of.

Also interesting: "Through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman"
Quote from sermilan ::homersimp Forever stupid

Just thought that this picture would suite this thread as a sarcastic remark though...
Quote from Crashgate3 :Given the incomprehesible vastness of the universe, then I am certain that life, even intelligent life, has evolved somwhere other than here.

Whether it's capable of visiting us? No.

Exactly. The distances between objects in space are so large that it's nearly, if not entirely impossable to travel here even from the closest star to us. (around which there is no life)
Quote from sermilan :What amazes me the most is the fact that the whole universe was just a spec before it explode/inflate... WTH was before that and for how long??! And where the hell is our universe situated??

There's not really any answer for that as time and space didn't exist 'before' the universe and don't exist 'outside' it.

Technically, there is no 'outside' either, the whole thing loops round back on itself in space time. Trying to picture that in four dimensions makes my head hurt though.
Quote from Crashgate3 :There's not really any answer for that as time and space didn't exist 'before' the universe and don't exist 'outside' it.

Technically, there is no 'outside' either, the whole thing loops round back on itself in space time. Trying to picture that in four dimensions makes my head hurt though.

the way I find to live with the fact it loops in 4th dimension is paralel with 2D to 3D...imagine 2D sphere...ok that isnt't much easier but if you imagine only surface of the sphere and you imagine you are an ant moving on the surface, you perceive the sphere to be 2D plane if it is large enough...but no matter which direction you go, you never reach the end...however eventually you end up being in the same spot you started from...and it is same with space...if you start to travel one direction and move forward and forward you would end up in the starting point of your trip...but even if you travelled close to speed of light you wouldn't make it before space collapses
and just for the record...this isn't my idea...I've seen a document about hawking...helped me understand a lot of things
Quote from student :Intelligent extraterrestrial life forms are real. They visit Earth. Travelling faster than the speed of light is possible. In fact, it's possible to "jump" to any place in the Universe almost instantaneously.

As far as I understand, travelling faster than light happens through converting matter into tachyons (the particles that exist accoring to some theories, but it is yet to be proven), and then rematerialize back to usual baryonic matter.

[citation needed]
Quote from bavorak :4D spacetime

Yeah, the 'ant on a ball' is how I learnt it at uni. It still makes my head hurt to make the mental jump to 4D though
Ah, my head hurts, even if he explains the 10 different dimmensions good it's painfull knowlege for mye retarded brain
Quote from -NightFly- :Just thought that this picture would suite this thread as a sarcastic remark though...

Well... if you meant no disrespect to any of the discussion participants here, then I apologize. I thought you were mocking us.

@traveling through space - scientist believe it is possible to bend the space-time "continuum" (or whatever it is called) and actually make shortcuts through it, they think it is mathematically possible. Some believe that black holes could be a kind of those shortcuts, but I don't think so. They say you would be "spaghetti-zed" once you fall into the black hole, but no one speaks about possible very high temperatures that might be close to it or inside it, as matter is squeezed to for us unimaginable rates and we know that when ever there is pressure, there are high temperatures too. So I believe more that we would be melted long before reaching the "event horizon" point.

@TVE - you're not retarded comparing to all of us, but we are all probably at a very low scale of understanding the universe . It does hurt when you try to imagine those facts, as Crashgate3 said . I even get scared sometimes when trying to understand . It's very hard for our brains to understand, for example, that time and space didn't exist 'before' the universe and don't exist 'outside' it

@aliens - look for Jose Escamilla's trilogy. He is very radical on this subject, but does bring some interesting facts. I wasn't able to check if those witnesses were actually working for those US gov agencies or they were just actors and didn't check if the Hubble's Moon photos were genuine, but still ... quite interesting presentations.
Unlikely in my mind. It all boils down to the fact that we might just be alone in this universe. But bear in mind there are other dimensions and life definitely exists in those dimensions and bear a different form compared to us. That's why we can't observe or see their existence, unless you are talking about UFO encounters which are aliens from other dimensions.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Unlikely in my mind. It all boils down to the fact that we might just be alone in this universe. But bear in mind there are other dimensions and life definitely exists in those dimensions and bear a different form compared to us. That's why we can't observe or see their existence, unless you are talking about UFO encounters which are aliens from other dimensions.

:twirl:
Quote from hiroshima guy :Unlikely in my mind. It all boils down to the fact that we might just be alone in this universe. But bear in mind there are other dimensions and life definitely exists in those dimensions and bear a different form compared to us. That's why we can't observe or see their existence, unless you are talking about UFO encounters which are aliens from other dimensions.

I love the way you're certain we're alone in this universe, but there's 'definitely' life in other dimensions.
Do I believe in little green men who abduct rednecks, do experiments on them, wipe their memories (but not very well apparently), and then dump them back in their trucks? No. No, I don't.

Do I think there is life on other planets? Yes, that seems highly likely. As others have said, given the number of planets, stars and galaxies in our universe, some of them must have developed life. Some of that life may even be as smart as humans. The question then becomes whether interstellar travel is possible within the lifespan of a sapient being, although that's a question I'm not equipped to answer

Do you believe the life outside of earth?
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG