The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Has the /home function been fixed?
Quote from djgizmo68 :Has the /home function been fixed?

The short answer is: no.
The long answer is: no, it hasn't.

"The date for 1.8 is expected to be released this week. I saw jeb_ scratching his head to make this happen. So it must be a good thing "

@ http://www.facebook.com/minecraft

wiie..
as many of u noticed im pretty much inactive.
i dont play MC at all right now, neither do i have the time to keep the server at a nice state.

so im looking for a person who wants to help adminstrate the server.
requirements are pretty simple:

1. be more active than me
2. be well known to the community/server

the benefits...none really.
well, server op i guess.
but thats about it, cant offer anything since ive got nothing to give.

if anyone is interested anyway, contact me via pm (preferably with age, country and available time to adminstrate the server) and then ill make a decision.

btw, this is my last attempt to keep the server alive.
if this fails as well the server will go offline, since like i said i havent got the time/dedication to administrate it.
I was kind of wondering that would there be interest if we tried to schedule a time when we would try to get as many people on the server as possible?

Deathmatch (which is the server mode now?) doesn't really work without more than couple people on the server.
death match or spleefing would be fun.

Off T:

on my new laptop i've been getting horrible frame drops in smp, with the same settings as my desktop, and only marginally annoying in single player. However, other games; ie. LFS and HL2 are getting much better frame rates than my old desk top.

Anyone got any tips?
1.8 is released tomorrow!

(according to notch on reddit)

He also put a trailer up, but it shows everything you probably already know.
1.8 will be fun and all, but 1.9 .. that's when it all begins with actually having something to do; this update is just content.

Still trying to build a damn river lock.. you just can't change the level of water.. need to talk to notch about it; higher level and lower level rivers and waterfalls would be nice.

@legoflamb get the Optimine and Optifog 'mod' it pretty much doubled if not more than doubled my framerate; it's great.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/ ... -optifine-hd-g-fps-boost/

Even if your computer runs it just fine, that is an awesome "mod" to have, it can do a lot of things
Quote from XCNuse :
Still trying to build a damn river lock.. you just can't change the level of water.. need to talk to notch about it; higher level and lower level rivers and waterfalls would be nice.

Try FiniteLiquid mod.
Yey 1.8 adventure mode!

Quote from XCNuse :...snip...

Thanks for that! I hope it works for 1.8 too.

Quote from msk :Try FiniteLiquid mod.

that looks cool, kinda reminds me of pipe dream.
It'll get updated.

Now someone on youtube on the trailer said we won't get the update until the 12th?

I don't know... either way it's soon.
I made my huge half fish bowl..it's massive! I just need to build some coral or something in it to make it interesting; make a ship in there :P
Oh well, at least not early 2009
Quote from XCNuse :Oh well, "adventure" will be weird / suck since you can't place or destroy any blocks

How are you supposed to mine?
Quote from XCNuse :Oh well, "adventure" will be weird / suck since you can't place or destroy any blocks

It will be fun for those who prefer the combat side of minecraft
But crashgate said a good point, maybe you find them in chests though in this mode but just guessing.
Edit: Yeah it's like the Dungeons where you get items from the chest. Maybe you get (better) weapons there in adventure mode
Quote from XCNuse : well, "adventure" will be weird / suck since you can't place or destroy any blocks

Nope, that is not true. Adventure will replace the normal mode in minecraft, you can turn on/off the food bar. There will be a new creative mode, with unlimited stuff and instant mining, no enemy mobs and so on.

AFAIK
It would be pretty stupid if you couldn't build a shelter on the first night of terror (or any other for that matter).
No, with adventure mode you won't be able to place or destroy; but you will have access to tools etc. (weapons?) for use.
You will spawn either in or right next to a NPC village, and that will be your home.. thus you won't need to make a place to live.
Once 1.9 comes there will be a purpose to Adventure mode; right now there isn't much point in it. But 1.9 should bring you challenges to mob bosses at strongholds; or down in old mineshafts etc. Should get interesting; but not yet, 1.8 is just a "patch"

Survival mode is what you're used to now; that's what it currently is; build, destroy, save yourself from mobs.. same old same old.

Creative you will have access to all blocks and content.. you will destroy with your hand blocks instantly which makes quick and easy building; and you will also be able to fly with a double jump (double tap space bar); and somehow you can take maps you create in creative and export / import them and be able to play survival mode on them
If you watch a video from PAX with Notch commentary (link), you'll see there are only two options when creating a new world. Survival and Creative. Guess we'll see on monday what is what.
Gonna be dissapointed if I can't make my own house and whatnot. I also saw a tweet from him stating you can choose in options if you want NPC villages spawning or not.

Edit: Since I don't know how to post a link to an twitter "tree" convo, I'll just c/p it here...

Epicosity_Zhen_yi ©
chowzhenyi Epicosity_Zhen_yi ©
@notch can you make an option in the settings so we can choose whether there are villages or not ? xD
5 Sep

in reply to ↑
Markus Persson
@notch Markus Persson
@chowzhenyi there is!
5 Sep via web
Yeah, I can agree with that. Lets have a beer and wait.

Btw, that blog post is one year old.
oh wow good catch LOL!

nevermind then hahaha

Oh well, there still may be some confusion on it so we'll see.

As if Mojang isn't confused enough; Notch himself still can't decide if it's a chicken or a duck
I'm confused, I thought you could still place blocks and mine in the Adventure mode, just not within the NPC villages. It would be pretty stupid to remove that ability from the survival mode, if Notch did that he would just have two seperate and boring games. The creative mode where you get everything you need without any effort, so it quickly gets boring, and the Adventure mode which is a poor mans RPG with little to do.

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG