The online racing simulator
Earthquake hits Virginia; Felt across Eastern US
Felt it here in Ottawa Ontario.
Damn! Knowing i was in Virginia, New York, and Washington on holiday.
Got nothin down on the more awesome part of the east coast. However we have a hurricane hitting this week/weekend!

:sadbanana
I live in Massachusetts and didn't feel anything.
Quote from dekojester :Of course people in Cali are going "Lol, that's nothing"

True, but their buildings are designed with earthquakes in mind!
just look at this devastation

Quote from DeadWolfBones :just look at this devastation

Lol, guess nothing to worry about then

tbh same thing happened when my uncle got up from his chair.
Quote from jrd.racer :tbh same thing happened when my uncle got up from his chair.

So, you wanna say your uncle is devastating as an earthquake?
My couch is earthquake proof?

Seriously, they said that it was the equivalent of a truck driving by your house in my area. With the public works department just down the street, and their trucks driving by all day, I'm not surprised I didn't notice. Although, my dad was at work 15 stories up and he said they had a good shaking (enough to get some of the paranoid people to leave).
Quote from sermilan :So, you wanna say your uncle is devastating as an earthquake?

I was simply talking of the chair falling over, and in any case this earthquake dosn't seem to be anything devastating.
Quote from dekojester :http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44245009/ns/us_news-life/

I didn't feel it here in Ohio, but my uncle just a neighbourhood over felt it, as did many people.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ear ... s/usc0005ild.html#details

Of course people in Cali are going "Lol, that's nothing"

No big deal I'm from Ohio as well and the only way I knew anything had happened was that when I was downstairs folding clothes the railing on the basement steps (which shakes and makes noise for a little while after you touch it) was rattled for no reason

I wouldn't have known anything had happened if not for that.
The Earth is just preparing itself for the 2012 monstrosity.
off topic but

Quote from PMD9409 :Got nothin down on the more awesome part of the east coast. However we have a hurricane hitting this week/weekend!

:sadbanana

Better to be prepared to have something sticky around.. or straight to concrete cellar, if have one

EDIT: not meaning that you would not understand it... But never is too much to warn
Quote from jrd.racer :I was simply talking of the chair falling over, and in any case this earthquake dosn't seem to be anything devastating.

Was just joking... luckily this earthquake wasn't much so we can actually joke in this thread
at least the monuments and museums were luckier than the poor chair.
my couch must also be earthquake proof, because i didn't feel it either. people in toronto said they felt it though. i've talked to a few people in my city and they said they didn't notice it either...

some people were saying they were told to evacuate their buildings, but here's the funny thing about that... if the building falls on you, you're just as boned, if not worse off, than staying inside.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG