The online racing simulator
2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

(Times above are local times)
(UTC+2)

Great weekend last year with a "Dry>wet>dry>wet" qualifying and a "Wet>dry>wet" race.

Fingers crossed for another one of those.

(Pole position onboard video from last year here)
2010 Results here

(Official race edit video here (you need to log in to view))

Top stories

Senna replaces Heidfeld at Renault

FIA bans DRS use through Eau R ... r practice and qualifying

McLaren aims to improve qualif ... rm in second half of 2011

This is the big one guys (for me).
Been such a long wait so see some flying F1 cars, cant wait for Spa!
#2 - Kova.
LRGP want to fight for 4th place at team championship and they put Senna in place of Heidfeld for this GP... Oh god.

Well, what LFS Racers will think about this week-end weather?
Good stuff. Been waiting patiently for Spa GP. I wouldn't mind if some rain gets in there to mix things up a bit. I hardly care who wins, I just want an entertaining race.

(usually though, by race start i start to cheer for some driver)
This month of wait felt like a damn year... finally formula 1 is back and finally with a proper track.
I'm hoping for some rain too, to spice up Schumi's 20th anniversary. This is the place to get it on podium!
I can't wait for tomorrows trainings.
Quote from N I K I :This month of wait felt like a damn year... finally formula 1 is back and finally with a proper track.

+1
Quote from N I K I :This month of wait felt like a damn year... finally formula 1 is back and finally with a proper track.
I'm hoping for some rain too, to spice up Schumi's 20th anniversary.

Ditto!

Can't wait for it, I'm watching this race, no matter how long it takes (like the Canadian GP).

Bring on the rain!
Perhaps of some interest to some Dutch/Belgian F1 & poker fans:

"@European Poker Tour Nederland heeft last minute nog 2 kaarten voor de GP in Spa (Belgie) kunnen bemachtigen! Wil jij met een vriend/vriendin/etc. naar Francorchamp (bronze pakket, alleen training/kwalificatie/race (vrijdag-zondag), vervoer/verblijf niet inbegrepen) ‘like’, ‘tag’ of reageer op dit bericht op de European Poker Tour Nederland pagina voor vanavond 19.00 uur! De winnaar wordt vanavond bekend gemaakt! Hou deze pagina dus goed in de gaten."

#10 - JJ72
I understand they want to keep the cars alive but can't they add a tad more challenge? like a washing board surface and maybe some sleeping policemen?
If it was down to me, I'd get rid of kerbs and off-track tarmac, and replace them all with gravel traps.

Not 100% safe, and cars get stuck.

And that's just the good aspects to the change.
Quote from tristancliffe :If it was down to me, I'd get rid of kerbs and off-track tarmac, and replace them all with gravel traps.

Not 100% safe, and cars get stuck.

And that's just the good aspects to the change.

Agreed, makes most driving mistakes meaningless - run wide on the kerb/runaway area, lose a few tenths, carry on. Interresting to hear that coming from a real life driver too BTW, although I'm quite interrested to know what the majority of them think on the matter.

Now as we know cars getting stuck have the big incovenient of representing a danger for marshalls trying to move them away... But yellow flags are there for a reason I guess.

Anyway. Looking forward Grosjean and Bottas making another step forward to GP2 and GP3 titles
Nice wreck by Senna.
Hardly a wreak, he spun and nerfed the barrier. DiResta did the same thing pretty much.
Senna...

Renault are dumb... I guess money is more important to them at the moment... Lets just hope he brought in enough to cover for all the damage.
Quote from DevilDare :...I guess money is more important to them at the moment...

Renault are pretty much living off Lotus, Senna and Petrov's income now that the works support is gone.
#20 - CSF
Did Nick complain when he got De La Rosa's seat?
Quote from CSF :Did Nick complain when he got De La Rosa's seat?

Lets all not judge Senna just yet, judge him on sunday, not in practise, everyone can do a mistake like he did.

Raikkonen in 2008 did the excact same crash in a Ferrari.
-
(evilpimp) DELETED by evilpimp
Besides the crash at the start of FP1 (shit happens, especially for a rookie), he is actually doing a pretty damn good job. P9 in those horrible conditions in practice this morning was pretty impressive, considering his teammate was like more than 1.5 seconds behind.
Screw FP, quali counts anyway.
Pay driver doesn't always equal a bad driver. I am not a (Bruno) Senna fan. I just don't like how everyone already assumes he is a bad driver when he hasn't even completed a quali/race in the Renault.

2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix
(260 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG