The online racing simulator
Paul - Quite likeable.
Minority Report - Excellent movie that will rape your brain. Chances are you won't know what really happened until you read the wiki page.
Sucker Punch - Bit of a weird one. At times felt like a great kids action movie and then suddenly it becomes a hollow mix of violence and prostitution.
Watched the new Conan movie on friday, IMDB link HERE

Ok, so the good parts:
* A lot of boobies
* At some parts it really were a brutal atmosphere, which I expected from the movie
* Some funny moments when Conan meets the girl for the first time, and command her around as he like
* Some good fighting scenes

The bad parts:
* I know the stories in Conan is strange, but this thing seemed really random. Is it truelly a story taken out form the novelle? It seemed shallow.
* GOD DAMNIT could someone shut up the lady in the movie please? I felt like she were going to scream out my ears at several occasions in the movie
* There were no 3D effects in the movie, even tho it was marked as 3D movie

There are actually a lot more things I could say about this movie, but from my points of veiw it were a shallow movie with anoying actors and just random situations, not worth the money of the time.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Pretty awesome, even harsh critics of action movies will be impressed by the motion capture and other special effects. Of course it helps to have the best motion-capture actor in the business, Andy Serkin (Gollum)

btw this movie is nothing like the 2003 remake with Mark Wahlberg, or the original with Charlton Heston, but kind of acts as a prequel which explains the ending of the the 1968 movie and of course sets itself up for a sequel.
Quote from flymike91 :Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Pretty awesome, even harsh critics of action movies will be impressed by the motion capture and other special effects. Of course it helps to have the best motion-capture actor in the business, Andy Serkin (Gollum)

btw this movie is nothing like the 2003 remake with Mark Wahlberg, or the original with Charlton Heston, but kind of acts as a prequel which explains the ending of the the 1968 movie and of course sets itself up for a sequel.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it.

Plot holes/logic issues out the wazoo, but who cares... it's summer fluff.
Yes, but also Cezar could've been a little less human-like, visually..
Quote from The Very End :...the new Conan movie...

There was no better actor to impersonate Conan than Schwarzenegger. I've read a lot of Conan comics when I was a kid and Schwarzi represented him just as he was in the comics: big, not very handsome, a bit dumb... he even looked like the comic character, a lot.
This pretty guy is not what I would expect of him to be
Do Not Watch "Sucker Punch"! Such a bad movie. Do watch "Taken".
"I saw the Devil"... If you have the stomach for such movies. A Korean movie borrowing alot from Hollywood, but pushing it a bit further.
Ok so I've been neglecting my film viewing for a while now and as a result I have a backlog worse than the back up on my toilet after a heavy night on the bevy followed by the extra spicy vindallo from my local Indian takeaway, whose chef cooking the said meal has to put on full protective clothing therefore resembling the get up gear pit crew members used to wear back in F1 after Vestappen had his barbeque in the pit lane.

So I finally got around to watch TRON Legacy (7.5/10) and it's not that bad to be fair (not that great either) Visually it is stunning, shot well when in the real world and when in the virtual world the CGI was stunning. Musically Daft Punk nailed it, but then when don't they? The plot was a bit meh at times, but for those who have watched the original there where enough nods to keep us happy (escaping the light cycle battle through a hole in the wall...the model of a 'bit' on the shelf).

However I think I've seen who will play David Bowie if/when a biopic film needs to be made...had to do a double take when Castor/Zuse was on just to be sure that it wasn't Bowie after all.
Watched Hanna last night.

Something a little... "off" about the whole thing. Perhaps that it's told mainly from a child's POV. But really quite good.
Cool, I'll try to watch it in the next few days. That and Super 8, I've been waiting forever to see them... bloody country.

As for my recommendation, Traffic.
Quote from Intrepid :Sucker Punch - Bit of a weird one. At times felt like a great kids action movie and then suddenly it becomes a hollow mix of violence and prostitution.

Amber ummmmmmmmmmmm
Quote from JJ72 :Amber ummmmmmmmmmmm

Emma Stone was supposed to play Amber. I like her, but at least the replacement has somebody happy.
I've completed the "Before" series, unfortunately i saw Before Sunset first, and Before Sunrise just this evening.. magical films, pure magic. It really sucks that this kind of acting wasn't rewarded with an Oscar.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I've completed the "Before" series, unfortunately i saw Before Sunset first, and Before Sunrise just this evening.. magical films, pure magic. It really sucks that this kind of acting wasn't rewarded with an Oscar.

Agreed, incredible stuff.

And Julie Delpy, oh my... <3
Quote from The Very End :Watched the new Conan movie on friday, IMDB link HERE

Ok, so the good parts:
* A lot of boobies
* At some parts it really were a brutal atmosphere, which I expected from the movie
* Some funny moments when Conan meets the girl for the first time, and command her around as he like
* Some good fighting scenes

The bad parts:
* I know the stories in Conan is strange, but this thing seemed really random. Is it truelly a story taken out form the novelle? It seemed shallow.
* GOD DAMNIT could someone shut up the lady in the movie please? I felt like she were going to scream out my ears at several occasions in the movie
* There were no 3D effects in the movie, even tho it was marked as 3D movie

There are actually a lot more things I could say about this movie, but from my points of veiw it were a shallow movie with anoying actors and just random situations, not worth the money of the time.

Haven't seen it, but c'mon if you're going to make a remake of an iconic film with an iconic action star as big, (literally as well as star wise), as Arnie, at least replace the character with someone with similar physical presence, "The Rock" would have been a far better choice IMO.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG