The online racing simulator
Skin Problem
(4 posts, started )
Skin Problem
not really my problem but my teammates (he's not good at english so i decided to post it). So, when trying to save any skin into the /skins folder, they sort of disappear. So he cannot see them in-game or in Viewer. The problem isn't the type of the picture, they all are .jpg's. Game have been reinstalled many times but that didn't affect at all. So does anybody know a solution? (this prevents him to race in series.)
Hi, get him to save the XRR skins found here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1012#post1012

Save the skin in LFS/data/skins folder (not any of the other skins folders).

After you save the skin, if you open the LFS/data/skins folder - can't you find the saved .jpg skin file? That's quite odd.

Where is LFS installed? Under Window's Program files? Its recommended that you install LFS directly - i.e. C:\LFS

The viewer is a separate program (it has its own data folder), so don't extract/install the viewer inside the LFS folder. Try saving the above skin file in the Viewer's data/skins folder and then open the skin.

---

If you have more than 1 LFS installation in your computer make sure that you're saving the skin in the correct folder (some people save the skin in one LFS installation's data folder and then launch another LFS installation's LFS.exe and then complain the skins don't work...).

---

Also, if the skins don't disappear after you save them (after you save them, look in LFS/data/skins to see if the saved XRR .jpg skin file is there), select the XRR in pits and then select the "new colours" from under the skin-file-list. Skin files that you save, HAVE to be opened for the first time clicking on "new colours" and then selecting the new XRR file from the list... Just saying if your friend didn't know that... (saved files dont automatically appear in the garage screen - skins list).

Hope that helped.
Are you absolutely certain that he's putting the skins in the right directory? Can his LFS read the default skins from /skins and /skins_x? Perhaps he could try to install LFS to another directory somewhere elde in his directory structure to make sure LFS has read privileges to all its directories and files.
Quote from MadCatX :Are you absolutely certain that he's putting the skins in the right directory? Can his LFS read the default skins from /skins and /skins_x? Perhaps he could try to install LFS to another directory somewhere elde in his directory structure to make sure LFS has read privileges to all its directories and files.

im absolutely sure about that but im gonna ask it for him once more and make him give a try what u two had suggested

Skin Problem
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG