The online racing simulator
how to install lfs with win7-64bit
hi guys,
i have checked the faqs and google, but i couldn't find an answer:

how can i install lfs 6b with win7-64???
the compatibility mode doesn't help.

please, i miss racing.
Try to run the installer with admin rights not do NOT install LFS to "X:\Program Files (x86)" directory. LFS is not UAC-aware so unless you run it with admin rights too it'll be unable to write anything to its directory.
It's suggested to install LFS somewhere else like to X:\LFS
Sorry for being off-topic, but I have to point this out. I miss those days when LFS came in ZIP and all you have to do is extract and off you go.
You shouldn't have any problems installing LFS with admin rights. Don't need for compatibility mode or anything. As MadCatX sais DO NOT install it in Program Files and everything must be fine.

Quote from hiroshima guy :Sorry for being off-topic, but I have to point this out. I miss those days when LFS came in ZIP and all you have to do is extract and off you go.

You can still open the exe with winrar/7zip (though it's not as easy as before).
Hi, I have the same problem. I have a laptop with Intel i5 processor and 4 GB memory, with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 installed.

The LFS installer program is in C:\

When I try to run it as administrator, it says "Windows cannot find C:\LFS_S2_6B_setup.exe".

Any ideas?
put the setup anywhere else.... the root of C:\ is critical....and will cause more probs
I think do it the crude way. Use 7-zip to extract the EXE itself then re-arrange the dir folder of LFS itself and off you go. I tried it and it works.
I have just tried with both WinRAR and 7-Zip and none of them managed to open the exe file - fails to recognize as archive.

Any idea?
What about actually running the installer? It doesn't do anything else than extracting LFS from an archive and adding info for the uninstaller.
The installer would not run, see post #5.

If I just double-click it it says something about this program not being compatible with Windows 64bit.
Have you tried downloading the setup again? It probably downloaded corrupted.
Well, you were right, it was corrupted. It's working now, thanks for the help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG