The online racing simulator
I know there a funny video thread here...
(29 posts, started )
just speechless...
I would say I'm surprised, but you see it all of the time. I've seen people trying to squeeze past a crash after emergency services are walking around on the road. People who do that should have an instant 12 points and licence revoked.
Sad... Very, very sad...
Also, what P5YcHoM4N said.
Gets to the big lads and decides enough is enough The women's face in the Mini is priceless
I lol'd at the another number plate, another number plate, he definately wants 6 points. What has and always will seem stupid to me is that on some parts of some motorways you can use the lane in rush hour so how does it work then

Edit: Forgot about the mini woman - book her for not wearing her seat belt too (though might have to complain then about him walking up and down a motorway but shhhhh hes not being a cnut)
How the fu*k is that happening, what the hell is wrong with your country lol
Yeah, because in our countries everyone is obeying the traffic law.

I've seen that kind of crap multiple times in multiple countries.
Not always due to the accident, just a traffic jam, but nevertheless.
Cool, you have lanes for emergency vehicles!

I don't, and people can't be arsed to move away when an emergency vehicle needs to pass, so it's the same, really... Everyone thinks they're the only ones in the world.
Oh come on, the US doesn't even do this!
I didn't even know it was an option.
people don't do this here, except there is an exit in sight or a service area. But there are never people standing in the emergency lane. And we have a rule, that on three lane or more highways the drivers on the most left lane keep on the left of their lane, and those on the one right to it on the right, to form a second emergency lane. Worked every time I sat in a bigger traffic jam.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I would say I'm surprised, but you see it all of the time. I've seen people trying to squeeze past a crash after emergency services are walking around on the road. People who do that should have an instant 12 points and licence revoked.

our police is cracking down on this behavior finally but imho its costs more then enough lifes.
Quote from ACCAkut :people don't do this here, except there is an exit in sight or a service area. But there are never people standing in the emergency lane. And we have a rule, that on three lane or more highways the drivers on the most left lane keep on the left of their lane, and those on the one right to it on the right, to form a second emergency lane. Worked every time I sat in a bigger traffic jam.

How very.... German

But seriously, why even have this lane? Have a wide soft shoulder, everyone stops, emergency vehicle uses the shoulder, or comes up from the wrong direction. People won't drive on the soft shoulder, because it's not all cementy and they don't want to get their SUV's dirty. Works just fine.

Are you allowed to use this lane for normal driving in the UK, and it's just that you can't stop in it? Or is it not used for driving, and people have deliberately gone out of their way to get into this lane and stop?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :How very.... German

But seriously, why even have this lane? Have a wide soft shoulder, everyone stops, emergency vehicle uses the shoulder, or comes up from the wrong direction. People won't drive on the soft shoulder, because it's not all cementy and they don't want to get their SUV's dirty. Works just fine.

Are you allowed to use this lane for normal driving in the UK, and it's just that you can't stop in it? Or is it not used for driving, and people have deliberately gone out of their way to get into this lane and stop?

The hard shoulder lane is for broken down vehicles or emergency vehicles. It must be kept clear at all times apart from when direction by traffic control.
This is very confusing to me. It's supposed to be left clear but in practice people drive in it all the time like it's another lane?
No, people don't drive in it like another lane. When the traffic is flowing normally the rules are respected.

It's that in this instance there was a crash on the motorways causing a big jam. Like sheep a lot of drivers decided to park themselves on the hard shoulder. Stupid I know.

On some motorways electronic traffic control will show signs saying the hard shoulder can be used, but this is clearly sign posted. In this case, like idiot sheep, a load of drivers illegally took to the hard shoulder probably because they think they could
Its only supposed to be driven on when drivers are specifically directed by the active traffic management schemes [to ease congestion].

Quote :Hard shoulder. You MUST NOT use the hard shoulder for overtaking. In areas where an Active Traffic Management (ATM) Scheme is in force, the hard shoulder may be used as a running lane. You will know when you can use this because a speed limit sign will be shown above all open lanes, including the hard shoulder. A red cross or blank sign above the hard shoulder means that you MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or breakdown

That's bonkers. What a silly system. It's more complicated than it needs to be, and it seems to be a disadvantage to emergency vehicles vs. what we have here. I've never seen an emergency vehicle not get there relatively quickly here, just the other day there was an accident in front of me and the ambulance came fairly quickly up the shoulder, no issue.

If you give a whole bunch of idiots a full lane, just sitting there, with noone in it, during a traffic jam, of course there are going to be morons who just can't wait their turn.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :That's bonkers. What a silly system. It's more complicated than it needs to be

umm...hard shoulder=no driving/parking, allowed only if there happens to be an extra sign. How´s that complicated.
#22 - PoVo
Quote from -NightFly- :umm...hard shoulder=no driving/parking, allowed only if there happens to be an extra sign. How´s that complicated.

He's from the US.
This isn't even funny this is just sad.
Quote from -NightFly- :umm...hard shoulder=no driving/parking, allowed only if there happens to be an extra sign. How´s that complicated.

I get that. I wasn't talking about the rules of the lane. I was saying that it was more complicated because there doesn't seem to be any benefit to that lane actually existing in the first place.

I don't know about you, but when you add a lane and receive no additional benefit from it, or seemingly it causes issues, then that's a system that's more complicated than it needs to be.
Pity he turned back when he met the fat kids, I was kinda hoping to see how they'd react and how he'd deal with them.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG