The online racing simulator
KY3X_Maximum Track
(22 posts, started )
KY3X_Maximum Track
Just wanted to create a track using maximum possible road of Kyoto ring,so here's the result -
a 12.6 kilometers long (mesured with LFSrelax,not sure how precise it is) track using KY GP's starting grid and pits.

Track map (not very precise,just hand-edited):

Here are some preview shots of new turns:

Exit from original GP track to oval:

A hairpin after oval's turn 3. When testing,had some trouble to find proper entry line,might be very good overtaking place. Had to improvise with objects to make braking markers visible from distance:

After hairpin track turns back to direction of original KY National's first turn:

After KY Nationals infield track,it comes back to oval:

After ovals original turn 1,track goes in oval's pitlane,looks quite tight section,but even with BF1 never had to lift (not sure about no-downforce/road tyre cars like FZ5):

After high speeds through oval's pitlane 2 succesive hairpins makes quite challenging low speed section when track returns to original KY GP track:

Track has 3 splits - 1st is under tyre advert arch before original GP track exits to oval,2nd is in same place as original KY National's 1st split and 3rd split is at original oval pitlane's speed limit line. Made braking markers for all new turns,where they were needed.
Tested 4 different cars,here's some lap times:
BF1 - ~3:30+
FO8 - ~4:00 (a good driver could go under 4 minutes mark,I managed 4:03.7 after some 6 laps testing with KY GP race setup)
GTR - ~4:30 or below
UF1 - ~6:30+ (little boring with that slow car there)

Hope you like it,have fun! Thumbs up

Edit: Added 2nd version of this layout. Biggest changes:
Replaced bales with speed bumps as anti-shortcut.
Replaced old lines (line1) with new line2 straight ones.

Edit #2: Added reversed version of this track. (basically renamed KY3X to KY3Y and adjusted markers and some track objects to fit for reversed)
Attached files
KY3X_Maximum track.lyt - 4.4 KB - 1085 views
KY3X_Maximum track_v2.lyt - 5.3 KB - 931 views
KY3Y_Maximum track_rev.lyt - 5.3 KB - 780 views
Love it. Thanks !
good job Rony. any chance u can use the rumble strip chalks next time?
Great looking track. Already reposted this thread in our league forum, credited all your work of course.

Tks for sharing!
Great idea! You took absolutely most of those two tracks

However, I took the liberty to edit one point of it, if you don't mind. That's the entrance on oval from KY3 and in the same spot entrance on oval from KY2.
Did it to make the most of both corners, so no speed is lost there.

Here it is in the original: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1303753258

And here is what I modified http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1303753258

Really hope you don't mind me messing around with your layout, only tried to improve it .

Tnx once again for you excellent job, all this goes to our team forum too
Attached images
original.jpg
modified.jpg
Attached files
KY3X_Maximum track Ec.lyt - 4.4 KB - 485 views
Well,If you like wider exit more than mine version,make it your way! I just wanted that exit little tighter,more challenging and since barriers now don't throw you up in sky after every touch - made there a flat wall.
Good that you all like the idea! That's what counts.
This is just an epic track! Excellent work! Sermilan, nice edit too, for some people, who want the exit a bit wider.
nice layout!
Added 2nd version of this layout. Biggest changes:
Replaced bales with speed bumps as anti-shortcut.
Replaced old lines (line1) with new line2 straight ones

Otherwise it's basically the same - same route,same splits,same idea,just few minor changes to improve. Oh,right - distance markers! Used the new ones!
...and added reversed version of this track. (basically renamed KY3X to KY3Y and adjusted markers and some track objects to fit for reversed).

In case you used any of this in some race,please post some results - just curious of laptimes!
Did 3 laps with XFR on X v.2 and drive 4:54.99
Great layout, congratulations!
#12 - War
So about two laps equals the lenght (+ a bit more) of Nordschleife. I mean: WOW, nice work man
nice =D
just unbelievable layout nice work man
Today was the first event on this layout (at least first I know about),here are some laptimes with FO8:

(unfortunately my PC crashed when I was on course to improve my best laptime - had -0.3 after 2 splits and still 2 laps left in race)
Yeah tried a few laps too The track feels great on the FO8.
Tell me when is gona be a event with multiclas or with tbo and lx4
do we got pm for server info or someting ? because i want to sign me up
Last reply is from 2011 August, it is 2012 February now.
I'm sorry,Cyclo,but you don't seem very bright between your ears... Was talking about the race and you start asking weird questions in LAYOUT thread...
Another event was run in this configuration,this time with FZR in reverse direction,here are the best laptimes from Airio table after 3 days:

KY3X_Maximum Track
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG