The online racing simulator
Quote from DarkTimes :I don't understand what you're saying... What has Perez getting a penalty got to do with the marshals creating a dangerous situation? You may accuse me of being over-cautous, but I still think it's unnecessarily dangerous to pull a car the wrong way round the track while drivers are making their pit stops.

Sorry!

Agree, Vettel almost hit the car and was very close to going out of the pit boundry lane which would mean a penalty for something not even hes fault.

IMO it definetely warrented a safety car
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Bollox, Hamilton was 1st and got the pitbox, they told him to come in and the radar said it was going to continue to rain so they put inters on. How could it have been Hamiltons call when his radio wasn't working?

From what i was told it was Hamiltons call(According to Brundle, im not soo sure the truth in it though).
Quote from Juzaa :Button's tactic to use hard tires and to go with them to the end was designed by the team and Hamilton's pit stop where they gave him wet tires was due to his tires running out but taking the intermediate tires was for sure Hamilton's call. He had to pit anyway because his tires were running out and he decided to take a chance. Blaming Mclaren for giving him intermediate tires is just ridiculous.

Um, no. Hamilton didn't have radio communication with the pits. It was the team decision to put him on inters, he was told to box but he didn't know which tyres the team were going to put on. He said inters was not his decision. Button was told to come in and queue behind Hamilton to change to inters, but he ignored them and stayed out on slicks. They both said this in their interviews on the BBC post-race show.
Quote from DarkTimes :Um, no. Hamilton didn't have radio communication with the pits. It was the team decision to put him on inters, he was told to box but he didn't know which tyres the team were going to put on. He said inters was not his decision. Button was told to come in and queue behind Hamilton to change to inters, but he ignored them and stayed out on slicks. They both said this in their interviews on the BBC post-race show.

Ok, seems odd that MTV3 didn't mention Hamilton's radio being dead in the broadcast. I was unaware of his radio being dead. Not a single mention about it in Finnish news about the race. Quite strange behaviour from Mclaren if it's true that they didn't even tell Hamilton which tires they were going to give him and that they wanted to ruin Button's race. Certainly something Ron Dennis would never have done.
Quote from DarkTimes :Um, no. Hamilton didn't have radio communication with the pits. It was the team decision to put him on inters, he was told to box but he didn't know which tyres the team were going to put on. He said inters was not his decision. Button was told to come in and queue behind Hamilton to change to inters, but he ignored them and stayed out on slicks. They both said this in their interviews on the BBC post-race show.

Thought he said they told him to stay out at the last minute as they didn't want them queing?
Quote from Juzaa :Ok, seems odd that MTV3 didn't mention Hamilton's radio being dead in the broadcast. I was unaware of his radio being dead. Not a single mention about it in Finnish news about the race. Quite strange behaviour from Mclaren if it's true that they didn't even tell Hamilton which tires they were going to give him and that they wanted to ruin Button's race. Certainly something Ron Dennis would never have done.

It was only mentioned by Hamilton in his post-race interview. He said he was talking to the pits but they couldn't hear him. It was not mentioned during the BBC commentary either. He definitely did say that he didn't know the team were going to put inters on.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Thought he said they told him to stay out at the last minute as they didn't want them queing?

Yeah, you might be right. I'm going on my memory of his interview with Jake and Brundle. I think he said he was told to pit, but ignored it, then at the last minute the team told him to stay out anyway. I thought it was interesting that Button had already decided not to pit, but didn't feel like telling the team.
I think it was the queing he was avoiding not the inters, even if Lewis did know they were putting inters on it's not his fault as the radar said it would continue to rain.
Good race overall and good calls by the stewards for once. Kinda want to know what happened to Perez at the start... 10th to 20th on lap 1 iirc.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Good race overall and good calls by the stewards for once. Kinda want to know what happened to Perez at the start... 10th to 20th on lap 1 iirc.

Sutil and Heidfeld dropped massively at lap 1 too. I belive there might have been some trouble at sector 2, which the FOM missed.
Fairytale result for Jenson, he has really grown on me over the years. He drove a very intelligent race, and once again proved that he is excellent in changing conditions. Unlucky Hamilton, his broken radio combined with an inability to strategise and race at the same time to cost him a potential win or at least a podium. Great drive by Di Resta, and Buemi gained 15 places during that race to finish 8th, so a brilliant drive from him which was largely missed during the coverage.
Quote from tristancliffe :When he corrected his spin with a burnout spin, he did it right in front of Di Resta, who had to go onto the grass to avoid a crash.

He left enough room for DiResta to get by on the right of the track, Di Resta just chose to go the long way round and made it look worse than it was.
Quote from BlueFlame :He left enough room for DiResta to get by on the right of the track, Di Resta just chose to go the long way round and made it look worse than it was.

Absolutely. And Heidfeld's car was never really on fire and could've been drivable had he not stopped.
Quote from BlueFlame :He left enough room for DiResta to get by on the right of the track, Di Resta just chose to go the long way round and made it look worse than it was.

Nah, I disagree, that was a classic case of rejoining the track dangerously. Hamilton should have waited for a clear space and then made a controlled turn. As it was he just dropped the clutch, did a burnout and frightened DiResta onto the grass. That penalty was fair in my view.
Quote from DarkTimes :Nah, I disagree, that was a classic case of rejoining the track dangerously. Hamilton should have waited for a clear space and then made a controlled turn. As it was he just dropped the clutch, did a burnout and frightened DiResta onto the grass. That penalty was fair in my view.

The penalty was fair, but to be honest it was made worse by the fact Di Resta took to the grasss when there was still room there. (not that I'm critisizing him for doing so).
Sutil went off the track im not sure about the other two.
If Hamilton had drove a meter of two forward THEN spun his car around it would have been fine. He was simply too close to Di Resta.
He would have gotten a much harsher penalty for unsafe rejoin in any LFS endu league.
either way there was a car space still infront of him.
anyone know why heidfeld's car "exploded"?
Lewis
A great amount of driving talent, with a small racing brain. Please Lewis, do not compare yourself to Senna ever.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Rhygin :A great amount of driving talent, with a small racing brain. Please Lewis, do not compare yourself to Senna ever.

you do realise you're comparing him to senna
Quote from tinvek :you do realise you're comparing him to senna

Erm... Seems like you don't follow his interviews.
Quote from Rhygin :A great amount of driving talent, with a small racing brain. Please Lewis, do not compare yourself to Senna ever.

Apart from the spin he had, which he had the abilty to catch button and get the place back, was him having a bad racing brain?

Last time I heard the team organizes the strategy which really was rubbish.
I assume you've watched Lewis over the last few years. He has very little racing brain, and needs to be told what to do other than drive fast, wear out tyres and overtake. He's not one of the great drivers that can work out not only their own strategy and plan their race, but also work out other drivers strategies and races whilst driving.

McLaren said, just after his silly stop for Intermediates, that Lewis made that call. And they didn't mention he was having radio problems. That only came to light after the race, and I'm inclined to believe it as an excuse.
He was told its going to rain for 15minutes. Enough time for him to get on the inters and get his win back that the team arguably took away when they put him on another set of super softs.

Unfortunately, the radar lied and and it only rained for 1 lap...

Also, my last comment was how you only appear when Lewis has a bad race or makes a mistake. You are nowhere to be seen when he drives a flawless race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG