The online racing simulator
Follow view
(46 posts, started )
Why steal Scawen time to develope the new Tire Physik with that?
Aske it when S3 is ready or use a nother view when you would drive at a leauge.
It could take a less than a hour, smartass.
I knew Scawen had mentioned it somewhere before, here's his stance on follow view.

Quote from Scawen :...
So called chase cam is hardly supported in LFS. Some people want me to improve it but I can't understand why anyone would ever drive in that view. It's only there to watch the forces.

Makes perfect sense.
Quote from theodinho29 :It's a shame ... Still a lot of players use this view and you do nothing to help us
It could have avoided a lot of crashes ... Too bad.

Drivers cause crashes, not views. If you can't see behind then you must assume something is there and drive appropriately.

Or use the proper view.
im using chase view + aonio and it works great, i cant really remember when was the last time i crashed because i didnt know that someone is alongside, behind or trying to pass.

so for every chase view driver, i recommend aonio. it also has many more usefull stuff
Quote from storm_cloud :drivers cause crashes, not views. If you can't see behind then you must assume something is there and drive appropriately.

Or use the proper view.

+1
Too bad you do not like the in-car view. To be honest I do not see the benefit of using an outside camera when running a car simulator. I know this is how car games are (extensively) played these days, but instead of extending the use of "follow" mode with mirrors an other gadgets, I believe it is better to aim for better cockpit development.

Quote :Besides the lfs cockpit views are pretty bad, and adjusting them doesn't help.

The LFS cockpit views and its options is one of the best on the maket in my opinion. You can actually set it up to your own liking like no other game out there. This is one of (among many other) reasons I still play LFS.

Hopefully you will eventually see the fun and benefits of actually sitting "inside".
Follow view is banned in Masters of Endurance and some other leagues (NDR, I believe) for safety reasons. I would love to allow the drivers who are used to driving with follow view to race, but to do so they'd need a rearview mirror in that view.
It isn't like it was just because it is follow view either. There were many incidents where the driver had no idea someone was along side until it was too late. Or their late reactions caused another pile-up. It was too much of a risk to the rest of the field.

I honestly recommend a roof view if you want to see all around you. You can see the front two corners of your car, and you can look left/right/back and see nearly everything.
Pierre has tried that iirc.. i sent him the roof cam and he said he still couldnt feel the car. I dont think its much just to add a camera to the follow view.
Pierre I have already told you : you are quite fast with follow view, you would be an alien with in car or roof view !
Quote from MoMo92i :Pierre I have already told you : you are quite fast with follow view, you would be an alien with in car or roof view !

Haha, it's just so true :P You should stay on onboard view Pierre ;D
Just curious here, in cockpit view is there any way to get rid of the camera shake when going over bumps/grass? That's the only thing that annoys me about using the cockpit view but if you can eliminate the camera shake I'd love to know how it's done.
Quote from WizardHat :Just curious here, in cockpit view is there any way to get rid of the camera shake when going over bumps/grass? That's the only thing that annoys me about using the cockpit view but if you can eliminate the camera shake I'd love to know how it's done.

LFS Manual can explain it better than me at this time of the morning, so I'll just paste the part here...

The 'Acceleration shifts viewpoint' options:
These options define how much the standard view and the custom view is shifted and tilted with the G forces. With all of these options set to 0, the camera remains statically at its position. As a human head and body moves along with G forces applied to it, the head and thus view moves along as well. For a realistic setting, set these options between 0 and 50% of their maximum value.
Quote from Bean0 :LFS Manual can explain it better than me at this time of the morning, so I'll just paste the part here...

These options define how much the standard view and the custom view is shifted and tilted with the G forces. With all of these options set to 0, the camera remains statically at its position. As a human head and body moves along with G forces applied to it, the head and thus view moves along as well. For a realistic setting, set these options between 0 and 50% of their maximum value.

Excellent.

Thankyou for taking the time to find that.
Quote from Bean0 :LFS Manual can explain it better than me at this time of the morning, so I'll just paste the part here...

Thanks for the tip, but does not help. Tried both 50% and 100%, no change, still shacky as shit

Why can't "fixed to forward axis yes/no" be an option here too?
The reason why, is because of this (see attachment):
Attached images
Uten navn.jpg
People, this thread is about follow view, not cockpit!

I use follow view and most of the time I'm not the one who is to blame because of the crash, if it happens.

Also, I drive faster with follow view than cockpit

Follow view
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG