The online racing simulator
Top Gear Layout
(64 posts, started )
Good layout. I have best time with FBM.
Some changes on top car times now that over 1,250 personal bests have been set, although the fastest time on server (for BF1) remains unchanged.
Attached images
LFS Sinrs Top Gear Layout Top 1 Positions each car _ 1288 PBs recorded.jpg
Sweet layout, had some fun at the server driving it.
update best times list plz
Top times for each of the 20 cars, with 1,380 server personal bests set on this layout.

I'm going to be changing layout shortly, so big thank you to all who've joined the server and set a lap time.
Attached images
Top Gear Layout on Sinrs Server_Top Car Type Times out of 1380 PBs.jpg
This looks very fun, when coming back from the trip I might test it out
I've made a chart that shows how the times have dropped for each type of car over a month.

The MRT time is the only one that hasn't changed.
Attached images
Top Gear Layout _ Time Difference over 1 Month.png
Oh my god that UF1 time
Quote from sinanju :I've made a chart that shows how the times have dropped for each type of car over a month.

The MRT time is the only one that hasn't changed.

wow, i haven't played for quite some time now. Glad to see i still have two top times left...
So what changes have u made to slow down the time?
Quote from Jasma :wow, i haven't played for quite some time now. Glad to see i still have two top times left...

Maybe you're very fast!

Quote from Jasma :So what changes have u made to slow down the time?

Currently running layout version 4, which has invisible marshalls at the turns to stop people cutting corners too much and gaining time. Main update though is signage for people who don't know the layout, although it tends to get ignored.

Currently there are about 1,480 personal bests saved on this layout. I'll post updated top list here when it reaches 1,500.
A total of 1, 500 personal bests have now been recorded with this layout on my server (Sin'rs [Top Gear]).

Fastest Overall Time goes to M.Wentjarvi in BF1.

Most 1st places (9 off them) goes to diNOSaur, who also has 4 second places in the rankings.

Longest lasting unchanged time is Niko.H for the MRT.
Attached images
LFS Top Gear Layout top times 15Aug2011 after 1500 personal bests set.png
new rb4 time
...and new times for XRR and FZR!
looks like my time got beaten by stig
funny layout some best time are quite challenging
A total of 1, 660 personal bests have now been recorded with this layout on my server (Sin'rs [Top Gear]).

Fastest Overall Time goes to M.Wentjarvi in BF1. He also has fastest time in FO8, but under the name ineX M.Wentjarvi.

diNOSaur still keeps the highest number of top places, but only just; spdomomo and (SE) M.Bjorndal have both taken some of his top spots.

Longest lasting unchanged time is still Niko.H for the MRT.

If any drivers with these times, or even within few seconds of these times, would like to upload their car sets here, it would be much appreciated.

I've been using my SO4 and AS1R sets as a base, then amending them to suit the layout.

My sets are attached if anyone wants to try them.

As I probably average 3 seconds slower than any of the top times shown, maybe you don't!
Attached images
Top Gear Layout 22Aug2011 after 1660 PBs Top Car Times.png
Attached files
Sinanju's Top Gear Sets.zip - 4.7 KB - 189 views
I'd like to try to do some new PB's but the problem is that LFSLapper does not detect penalties, so everyone can cut the track or hit some objects without problems.
How does that work? just made mrt lap of 47.08 - nothing was showed to me - only info i got was 347th place in friendly mark..

edit: nvm i see it in tops now :P still slow..
Quote from Flame CZE :I'd like to try to do some new PB's but the problem is that LFSLapper does not detect penalties, so everyone can cut the track or hit some objects without problems.

I've been using version 4 of my layout - see attached screenshot - for quite a while now and that uses a combination of invisible marshalls (red circles) and route checkers (green circles) that stops any issues with people cutting the track.

There are a couple of corners where you can clip the tyres a little (LFS will give penalty, but lapper won't), but if you hit too hard or cut too much (and there's not much leeway), it'll upset the car handling so much you'll lose time. There's also poles at the "hammerhead" section, which I only placed their as a visual cue to help drivers navigate thru the corner.

Timing - as an example - once you've completed a lap, LFS will show a "Best Lap" time (this is the time recorded by lapper), and LFS will also show a "Total" time, which includes any penalties, which lapper won't record.

If you take too many liberties with the track (jumping start, cutting corners, missing route checkers, hitting tyres, etc), then it's likely you'll either get spec'd or you'll spin or you'll upset the car handling so much you'll lose time.

If you just clip things (tyres, poles, etc) you might just get away with it driving wise, but LFS will give you a time penalty, which I consider a little harsh, but lapper will ignore these penalties.

I consider this the same as how real drivers drive on a race track - cutting corners slightly, jumping chicanes, 2 wheels on grass etc. If they don't lose control, and/or marshalls/race control don't give penalties, then their lap time will count regardless.

I'm happy that this is the way lapper records time for this layout.
Attached images
Top Gear Layout V4.jpg
Quote from kamo2000 :How does that work? just made mrt lap of 47.08 - nothing was showed to me - only info i got was 347th place in friendly mark..

edit: nvm i see it in tops now :P still slow..

Since then you must have done more laps - congrats on now taking MRT top spot!

The !top command will only show the top 18 places for each type of car. If you want to see more, try !top 19, !top 35, etc.
Thank You Will try on other cars soon. 46.7 and still much to improove there.
A total of 1, 750 personal bests have now been recorded with this layout on my server (Sin'rs [Top Gear]).

Image shows times.

Apologies that I haven't been on my server last couple of weeks - been a few changes in my life recently, including a visit to a hospital A&E department via ambulance on blue lights, brand new job and brand new girlfriend; so been a bit hectic!

So a big thank you to all the visitors and drivers who've set lap times. I hope you keep them coming.
Attached images
LFS Top Gear Layout Top Times for each car.png
Now up to over two thousand + (2,036) times recorded on this layout.

So big thank you to all that have tried the layout and left a time - much appreciated.
Attached images
2036 recorded times on Sinrs Top Gear Layout.png
maybe you should include GT2 cars, UFB, MFB(mini fbm) would add some new categories

Top Gear Layout
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG