The online racing simulator
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Only 29.99 at walmart :P needed it since Im running stock cpu cooler.

I have that same cooler and it is great! I paid about £20 for mine though lol..

It is pretty big though lol
needed this to fix my pc:

Quote from lukelfs :I have that same cooler and it is great! I paid about £20 for mine though lol..

It is pretty big though lol

I know its big lol. But I have a antec 902 so it will fit
I didn't even know Lion was out today...

Must go do a backup...
Quote from thisnameistaken :I didn't even know Lion was out today...

Must go do a backup...

Just finished upgrading back to Snow Leopard.

Apple really screwed it up with Lion this time if you're asking me. The gestures and inverted scrolling is a nightmare. Yes, you can turn the vertical scrolling back to the way it was, but that then inverts the horizontal swiping, which is being used a lot in Lion to change the pages and fullscreen apps. You can get used to the new way of "natural" scrolling, as Apple calls it, if you only use one computer in daily routines with Lion on it, but for power users who use other computers and operating systems it just doesn't work.

Some of the trackpad and mouse gestures are nearly impossible to perform aswell, and the idiotic thing is, that you can't remap all of them, especially the ones that are hard to use. For an example, now to quickly show the desktop you have to do a thumb + three finger pinch. WTF? I can barely fit that many fingers on the trackpad surface, let alone perform gestures with them. What was wrong with the old four finger up/down gesture that always worked so perfect?

Also, the whole system feels to stutter a bit when driving this 30" monitor with Lion, whereas SL is silky smooth all the time even with external displays connected.

I'm so disappointed right now, as Lion had many nice things going for it. The whole way to make the OS X more casual orientated and mobile/iOS like is a wrong direction in my opinion. I sent Apple a lot of feedback, and I hope others will do too.
Quote from Matrixi :The whole way to make the OS X more casual orientated and mobile/iOS like is a wrong direction in my opinion

dont tell me you didnt see this comming from several hundred miles away

on the plus side the myth that apple knows how to make things look good and microsoft doesnt has now been proven to be complete hogwash beyond any shadow of doubt thanks to lion

i apologise for any vomiting posting this picture might cause
That green looks like my vomit.

In all seriousness, it looks much like Google Calendar. It just misses the "agenda" tab with everything sorted nicely.

My phone does it better. Droid Incredible.
There was a lot I liked in Lion, like the fullscreen apps, fading scrollbars and other things that make the small resolution on the 13" MBP more pleasant to use. The new mail app was pretty sleek too. They just aren't worth the headache that the navigation issues Lion gives in exchange. I can fly my way through in SnowLeo, as it doesn't have any stupid design choices with scrolling and gestures.
Quote from PMD9409 :In all seriousness, it looks much like Google Calendar.

are you really not seeing the barf inducing horrid leather lookalike window border?
Quote from Shotglass :are you really not seeing the barf inducing horrid leather lookalike window border?

I actually scrolled down on my screen to block it out, so yes I guess you are right. :vomit:
The scrolling is the biggest bit of bullshit about the UI. Typical Apple bullshit - like the way they decided their keyboards should have a few symbols in different places just for the **** of it, and the hash key shouldn't even be printed on the keyboard presumably because it's not a pretty enough symbol to be on an Apple keyboard.

There are a few things that make me want to keep Lion though. Mission Control shits all over Expose, Mail works better, Finder works better, Resume is handy. Whereas the things that irritate me are the pointlessly stupid scrolling reversal, the iOS-style scroll bouncing at the end of documents (don't waste my time with bouncing the ****ing content I'm trying to do some ****ing work), the swipe history transitions in Safari - all the pointless eye candy that just slows you down.

They also turned on autocorrect by default. Why? If I didn't have it on in Snow Leopard I'm not going to want it on in Lion either, leave it the **** alone.

Oh and my network drive no longer works as a Time Machine backup, unless I hack it again.
Quote from thisnameistaken :The scrolling is the biggest bit of bullshit about the UI. Typical Apple bullshit - like the way they decided their keyboards should have a few symbols in different places just for the **** of it, and the hash key shouldn't even be printed on the keyboard presumably because it's not a pretty enough symbol to be on an Apple keyboard.

which is great cause their keyboards (and hardware in general) are also cheaper to account for the lack of functionality and useability
It's so frustrating because their computers are so nice. My Macbook Pro honestly it's a great little box, runs quieter than anything I've ever had the fan only ever comes on when I'm running Windows in a VM The screen is really nice, aluminium case is really nice, the trackpad is miles ahead of anything else I've used, but my god their software decisions and their single-mindedness about their UI is infuriating.

The next time I need a computer I will probably end up on Ubuntu. But every time I evaluate Linux for a desktop OS I come away thinking 'Oh it's nearly ready'. It's been nearly ready for about ten years now.
granted the case and the trackpad are quite nice and the monitor is (apart from the x220 and very few others) easily one of the best you can buy on a laptop these days
but the os is useless imho the keyboard feels way too soft and squishy and how the hell am i supposed to use a keyboard without a del key page up and down keys or a key to refresh a browser page without having to press fn?
These:

Yes, that is C++ code on the side.
Looks like OpenGL. You'll have all sorts of Carmack fanboys wanting to talk to you about occlusion.
Nah, it's directx 9.

They're from zazzle.co.uk, where you can add your own pictures to various products. That's some code taken from the first directx renderer I ever wrote, a few years ago. I will quite happily talk to strangers about occlusion.
A friend of mine (well he's a mac fanboy but I've known him a long time...) asked last week what - after six months of using a Mac for work - would be my next computer purchase "If money was no object".

Could Zazzle.co.uk actually deliver a computer made out of tits?
Learn by doing

It might take them a few weeks to harvest enough tits though.
Actually it's Direct3D 10.. But alright
Quote from RasmusL :Actually it's Direct3D 10.. But alright

Doh.. he's right you know (the D3D10_INPUT_PER_VERTEX kind of gives it away.. :doh: ) That's an image I was playing with on the site - they're not photos of the actual shoes, they're a mockup generated by the design application.

The ones I actually bought use my old DX9 code.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG