The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Yeah, and that enjoyment doesn't go very far. It's like in racing sims you can have races that are open setup or fixed setup. Fixed setup can be fun, last a while, but it never continues to be enjoyable. Over time it is the same thing over and over.

My PC is from 2006, only thing changed is the processor. It runs BC2, iR, LFS, etc perfectly fine (res of 2560x1600). I bought W7 just for BF3.

Some people like customization. At the end of the day, we are just using a PC tower, monitor, mouse, and keyboard. The great thing about BF is that its not about how fast you shoot, but how fast your mind can think, and improvise. So the "everyone on the same thing" doesn't really flow well. This is why on the last CoD, aswell as the upcoming Gears 3, I have (will have) on console. They are just run and gun. No point in thinking, just shoot them. Something BF is not, and thats why the discussion is senseless.

Also, you can get headshots on consoles without thinking or moving, it's called "auto-aim".
Quote from PMD9409 :
Also, you can get headshots on consoles without thinking or moving, it's called "auto-aim".

Nah, depends on the game, in BC2 there's practically none..
One more category that the BF series wins in.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah, depends on the game, in BC2 there's practically none..

Using "Practically none" as excuse for using aim assist is as saying that steering help (e.g. in SimBin games) "Practically doesn't helps" while using it.
Bought my quad in 2007, i won't buy BF3 before i can try how it runs on my machine . it runs any other game (including bfbc2) perfectly so far and it meets all the minimum and almost all recommended requirements also for bf3 (i have 512 mb video card ).
-
(Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD : blonde moment... Right on the feckin bf3 blog
Doesn't bother me any.
Quote from PMD9409 :Doesn't bother me any.

Why not? Me personally, i like to have all my games listed in one place - not having BF3 in steam is a bad thing for me. I dont like to own physical copies anymore nor i dont like to have a game running trough Origin.
Because not everything has to go through Steam? Even if you bought a physical copy, you can make Steam recognize that and booyah, there's the place you go still.

Maybe I'm just old school or not that picky. I have everything in one place, it is called on my PC. Don't need some fancy program to organize everything for me. I'm lazy enough as it is (being American and all).
Couldnt care less. Dont understand the people that are getting worked up over it either.

According to some articles I have read, you wont require Origin to play BF3 - as in, you wont have to have it running to play the game.

So it will feel just like any other game, double click the icon and away I go.
Whats a Origin?
EA's own version of Steam. Think it used to be called EA Download Manager.
#313 - Uke
I just got the closed beta invite. ujelly?
:rolleyes:
I am .
#317 - Uke
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Fiction.

Nope. It's not a big deal tho. everyone that pre-ordered medal of honor got it. It starts in september.
So you got the invite for the September beta?

Its going to be public anyway...

Alpha trials have just started, and... yeah.
#319 - Uke
Quote from DevilDare :So you got the invite for the September beta?

Its going to be public anyway...

Alpha trials have just started, and... yeah.

Nah, I get the beta like 2 weeks before the others.

and... you're in the alpha trials?
Maybe.
I hate you.
Graphics are pretty good.

The sound is fantastic.
Just cannot wait.. btw just to drop a small 'flame' here played BC2 on pc at friends house the other day, and realised just how much it means to have vibrations while playing, it's just totally 'empty' on the mouse, is there a mouse that vibrates?

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG