The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Hm, I haven't really found any diamond, except for like 3 pieces. I made a pickaxe out of it. Then there was lava. Imagine the rest.
Diamond is easier to find if you can find virgin land that nobody has mined yet. Dig down to the bedrock, then go up a few levels (4 or 5) and start mining channels, you'll find more diamond in those strata.

As for losing things to lava, I never go deep mining without two buckets of water, either to pour on lava blocking my progress or pour on myself if I get it really wrong. And if needed with two buckets of water you can make an infinite amount of water, which is why I carry two not one.
Quote from Stefani24 :Hm, I haven't really found any diamond, except for like 3 pieces. I made a pickaxe out of it. Then there was lava. Imagine the rest.

Ou! Ou! Ou! Ou! Shh..

Yur character usually says ouch four times, then you hear the Shh of your stuff burning. That sound has somehow gotten stuckn in my brain since I have done that so many times.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Diamond is easier to find if you can find virgin land that nobody has mined yet. Dig down to the bedrock, then go up a few levels (4 or 5) and start mining channels, you'll find more diamond in those strata.

As for losing things to lava, I never go deep mining without two buckets of water, either to pour on lava blocking my progress or pour on myself if I get it really wrong. And if needed with two buckets of water you can make an infinite amount of water, which is why I carry two not one.

I'm playing single player so everywhere is virgin land for me. Yeah, I haven't played in some time, but might focus on that strategy if I play again.

Also, I never found Iron that I didn't use for tools.
Quote from XCNuse :I know, I want to but I don't at the same time lol!

I've got quite a lot of slime, how much do you want?
Quote from Stefani24 :I'm playing single player so everywhere is virgin land for me. Yeah, I haven't played in some time, but might focus on that strategy if I play again.

Also, I never found Iron that I didn't use for tools.

Fair point, but buckets are essential tools. Besides, you can use diamonds for picks, that will save you about a stack of iron per pick, plenty to use for buckets.
How can i keep water from freezing?
Is this a legit server?
How can i make wires?
WTF Submarine! lol

i spent 3 HOURS! at Level 16 and under, and i found NO slimes!!! WTF!
Quote from Killer Beast :How can i make wires?

Select your redstone dust, click on the floor - that's a wire. If you don't have redstone dust, take an iron pick to a redstone ore block, there are plenty of them in the lower levels.

Quote from djgizmo68 :WTF Submarine! lol

i spent 3 HOURS! at Level 16 and under, and i found NO slimes!!! WTF!

They don't spawn in some chunks apparently. I'm quite lucky I get them spawning regularly in my basement (although it was just an irritation before pistons came along).
Quote from thisnameistaken :Select your redstone dust, click on the floor - that's a wire. If you don't have redstone dust, take an iron pick to a redstone ore block, there are plenty of them in the lower levels.

They don't spawn in some chunks apparently. I'm quite lucky I get them spawning regularly in my basement (although it was just an irritation before pistons came along).

They spawn in 10% of the chunks.
There are some client side mods that add a value in the f3 screen, to say if you're in a chunk where slimes could spawn!
i now have (limited) access to the server again.
i can whitelist again.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Select your redstone dust, click on the floor - that's a wire. If you don't have redstone dust, take an iron pick to a redstone ore block, there are plenty of them in the lower levels.

Can i use a stone pick? I've made a sort of mine and haven't come across some of this redstone dust yet. How far down to i need to mine? How close to the lava?
No I think you need an iron pick or diamond (or gold, but there's no point making gold tools they aren't very durable).

The lower you go the more redstone you'll find, but it's quite common in the layers where it's present so no doubt you will find it if you just keep digging down, long before you hit bedrock.

Bear in mind 'lava' isn't the bottom of the world, lava can appear pretty much anywhere although it is more common lower down. You know you're at the bottom when you hit bedrock - a darker stone that can't be mined.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No I think you need an iron pick or diamond (or gold, but there's no point making gold tools they aren't very durable).

The lower you go the more redstone you'll find, but it's quite common in the layers where it's present so no doubt you will find it if you just keep digging down, long before you hit bedrock.

Bear in mind 'lava' isn't the bottom of the world, lava can appear pretty much anywhere although it is more common lower down. You know you're at the bottom when you hit bedrock - a darker stone that can't be mined.

Ok thanks. I've been finding some blue stuff. The lapis stuff. What can i do with that? Would that be near redstone?

EDIT: OK found some so
Quote from Killer Beast :Ok thanks. I've been finding some blue stuff. The lapis stuff. What can i do with that? Would that be near redstone?

EDIT: OK found some so

Lapis has no other use other than dying wool.
Quote from hp999 :Lapis has no other use other than dying wool.

Or making blue blocks.
Quote from hp999 :Lapis has no other use other than dying wool.

Does this mean i can make a blue bed?
Quote from Killer Beast :Does this mean i can make a blue bed?

regardless of wool colour, they're always white sheets and red duvet
Quote from Krammeh :regardless of wool colour, they're always white sheets and red duvet

Ok thanks. What can i dye and use then?
Quote from Killer Beast :Ok thanks. What can i dye and use then?

You can just place dyed wool like any other block, most people use it for carpets
Damn, just lost lots of stuff again, thanks to lava

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG