The online racing simulator
Consistent pit behaviour (Stop Go penalty)
When pitting normally, your car is held in place, you can flatten the throttle all you want and your stop continues properly. When doing a stop and go penalty, you have to hold it there yourself. This is not at all intuitive and pretty damn annoying when you only find out in the middle of a league race

I don't mind which way it is changed, I would just hope it is made consistent. Preferably have to hold yourself there during normal pitstop too.
Scawen has already mentioned plans for improved jump starts etc in the last couple of days. I suspect we'll see it in the next incompatible patch or two.
One nice addition would allso be giving penalty from crossing the yellow/white line when exiting pits.
#4 - Munza
Quote from Blackout :One nice addition would allso be giving penalty from crossing the yellow/white line when exiting pits.

Yeah this is a good point, its almost as important as pit lane speeding, will stop accidents too.

But with this rule, do you get penalised if your whole car goes over the yellow/white line or is it only a wheel etc
Quote from Blackout :One nice addition would allso be giving penalty from crossing the yellow/white line when exiting pits.

+1

I'd have it set to as soon as a wheel touches the line you get a penalty. I think it would improve general pit exit behaviour.
Well, does someone recall how it is in real racing? I think, Im not 100% sure that in F1 atleast penalty is given if you even slighty touch the line.
I think it's if any part of the wheel goes over the line. But we definitely need this.
Mmm, could be. It's easy to see in openwheelers in real life. Offcouse we would a solid code managing the penalty giving, but how the stewards can see if the wheel goes over the line in tintops. Because...you can't see where the wheel ends? :P But offcourse it would give more margin in tight exits like in FE for example, it would be better like that.
What happens if there is an accident that results in a car blocking the pitlane exit.

In real life a Clerk of the Course would say to himself 'he cut the line, but only because there was a crash'. A computer wouldn't do that, so people would get penalties incorrectly.

Then you say well make the computer stop giving penalties if there is a stopped car in the way. But how far do you go. Can the computer easily know if a car cannot move (retired), or if it's just having a rest. Up to what range do you make it work at? In real life the Clerk would use natural and instant judement to take into account the speeds, positions, traffic etc before doling out a penalty. I think Scawen could code this system alone for years before he got it right.

So we end up with a simple on/off command. When On everyone gets a penalty regardless of mitigating circumstances, when off no one gets a penalty.

The next step after that would be a post-race reviewing session, where the LFS results can be modified by an admin, so an incorrect penalty can be overridden either during or after the race. But already this system is getting complex. I can see the complaining threads already.
It would be easy to detect whether there is a stopped car in the pit lane area. If so, allow people to break the yellow line.
Well, before such a line crossing penalty can be included, they actually have to fix the bug that makes the line appear only a few metres infront of you. Would be pretty sucky, otherwise
Valid point from tristan, but there is allways somekind of solution. Someday...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG