The online racing simulator
Jackass Ryan Dunn Dies :(
(94 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :0.19 is well on the way to 'shitfaced'.

its rather a lot more than what youre alllowed to operate a bicycle with in germany
Quote from thisnameistaken :0.19 is well on the way to 'shitfaced'.

Hang on, the legal limit in the UK is 0.08, and little over 1 pint of lager can put you near enough upto that limit, so my my (possibly flawed) logic suggests that you could have a BAC level of around 0.19 after only 2 maybe 3 drinks.
Logic flawed.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Hang on, the legal limit in the UK is 0.08, and little over 1 pint of lager can put you near enough upto that limit, so my my (possibly flawed) logic suggests that you could have a BAC level of around 0.19 after only 2 maybe 3 drinks.

A tiny person like a girl might approach the legal limit on one pint of lager. An average-sized man would, under most circumstances, not be over the UK limit after a pint of strong (5%) lager.

.19 is more like 4 pints of strong lager for your average sized man. And Ryan Dunn was a fairly big dude, so he must've drunk booze with real commitment before he got in his car to get as pissed as that.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :wat?

Anyways, anyone still caring?

No?

Good, let's move on.

Crazy Dutch people, and their 12% beer
Anyway, i've once tried 14% beer. Quite different from light beers, but tastes good nonetheless. Small sip makes you feel warm
Quote from BlakjeKaas :wat?

Anyways, anyone still caring?

No?

Good, let's move on.

quite sure there are a lot people that do care. still, none of them probably ever finds the way to this forum or feels to need to express their feelings in this form.
Quote from KiRmelius :Crazy Dutch people, and their 12% beer
Anyway, i've once tried 14% beer. Quite different from light beers, but tastes good nonetheless. Small sip makes you feel warm

Our supermarkets are allowed to sell beverages containing a maximum of 15% alcohol.

5% is the most common here, and then there is 2.5% citron/beer.
This weekend though, there was a stand where they were giving away 0% rosébeer. It was more like bitter lemonade, pretty good against thirst though.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :5% is the most common here,

6% beer is pretty common here but nobody drinks anything stronger than that. Except the homeless.

Typical British beer is 3.5 - 4.5%. I think once you get to 6% or more it starts to taste pretty unpleasant unless you put strong flavours in like fruit, but that's not beer it's weird foreign fruit drink.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Typical British beer is 3.5 - 4.5%.

From my own research into bottled ales, I have found they are typically in the 4.0 to 5.5% range (from sampling 121 different bottles).
There are lots of 8% cheap beer, which is ugly, and only drunkards consume it, but those expensive strong beers aren't ugly at all. They are a lot different, but not ugly.

Russian beer sold in our supermarkets is very good, and a lot cheaper also!
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Our supermarkets are allowed to sell beverages containing a maximum of 15% alcohol.

We Romanians can top that. I've seen 100% alcohol, not referring to the medicinal type, in our supermarkets. Try to beat that!

Although I should specify that you're not meant to drink it but mix it with other liquids to obtain strong booze. But hey, what's stopping you from just screwing your liver with it?
100%? i'd consider that a lie.
Quote from BAMBO :We Romanians can top that. I've seen 100% alcohol, not referring to the medicinal type, in our supermarkets. Try to beat that!

Although I should specify that you're not meant to drink it but mix it with other liquids to obtain strong booze. But hey, what's stopping you from just screwing your liver with it?

Are you sure you didn't get the kind of alcohol that disinfects stuff instead of the alcohol to mix with drinks? Got to see it to believe it tbh, 100%??
Quote from Senninha25 :Are you sure you didn't get the kind of alcohol that disinfects stuff instead of the alcohol to mix with drinks? Got to see it to believe it tbh, 100%??

Quote from BAMBO :We Romanians can top that. I've seen 100% alcohol, not referring to the medicinal type

Seeing as you lads are doing the childish "Na hah, you iz lying" thing and not taking my word on it, I'll take a photo the next time I'm there.
Alcohol is hygroscopic. The instant it comes into contact with the atmosphere, it starts absorbing moisture, reducing the concentration of alcohol.

"Concentrations of 95.6 percent ethanol and 4.4 percent water form an azeotrope such that simple distillation cannot remove any of the remaining water; 190-proof spirits are the maximum available from the distilled beverage industry."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_%28alcohol%29

"If azeotropic distillation is used to remove water, it will contain trace amounts of the material separation agent (e.g. benzene)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A ... alcohol#Grades_of_ethanol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene#Health_effects

Nasty stuff, benzene.
Hydroscopic not "hygroscropic" btw
Admitted fail, good call. My bad.

Jackass Ryan Dunn Dies :(
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG