The online racing simulator
Joystick to Shifter!
(76 posts, started )
Quote from bennyherber :I saw some really nice carbon fiber ones on amazon for like $12, and also some authentic Japanese Bubble shifters on ebay for like $15. I would try looking at a junk yard, local shops, and what I just said

EDIT:

I found out it will weigh about 5 pounds to ship it in a secure box and bubble wrap. let me know how much it will cost to ship

Ok will do. What city are you located in?

EDIT: Here is prices from here to USA via Royal Mail. Should be the same from USA back here to england
Can i have dimensions of the package?
Benny,

How big is the tube that the gear shifter knob has to be put on? I need a measurement so i can get a right sized gear knob

OT: w00000000000000000000t 100th Post!!!
Quote from Killer Beast :Ok will do. What city are you located in?

EDIT: Here is prices from here to USA via Royal Mail. Should be the same from USA back here to england
Can i have dimensions of the package?

I will get you the dimensions when I get home today

Quote from Killer Beast :Benny,

How big is the tube that the gear shifter knob has to be put on? I need a measurement so i can get a right sized gear knob

OT: w00000000000000000000t 100th Post!!!

Once I get home I can take a picture as well as give you measurements for it

PS: NICE
Quote from bennyherber :I will get you the dimensions when I get home today

Once I get home I can take a picture as well as give you measurements for it

PS: NICE

ok thanks!

101 posts
Quote from Killer Beast :ok thanks!

101 posts

the shipping dimensions are 21 cm x 21 cm x 13 cm.

here are 2 pics. the ac adapter is not in the picture but it is included

the shaft seems to have about a 1,2-1,3 cm gap in it. i know NitroNitrous (his username on this forum) did this without an adapter but you might need to play around depending on what kind of knob you have:

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=40722&d=1191714664

anyway here are the pics:

Attached images
SDC11298.JPG
SDC11306.JPG
Quote from bennyherber :the shipping dimensions are 21 cm x 21 cm x 13 cm.

the shaft seems to have about a 1,2-1,3 cm gap in it. i know NitroNitrous (his username on this forum) did this without an adapter but you might need to play around depending on what kind of knob you have:

Hm, you're profesionally using a joystick to shift now, do you also have the problem that when you drive in LFS with FFShifter and you press a key on your keyboard, for example T to chat, your gear is 0?

Btw: nice german ruler :V
Quote from bennyherber :the shipping dimensions are 21 cm x 21 cm x 13 cm.

Ok thanks. Will my gear knob just fit straight onto that if it is the right size or what will i have to do?
Quote from PcmciaKai :Hm, you're profesionally using a joystick to shift now, do you also have the problem that when you drive in LFS with FFShifter and you press a key on your keyboard, for example T to chat, your gear is 0?

Btw: nice german ruler :V

never had that problem before... weird

Quote from Killer Beast :Ok thanks. Will my gear knob just fit straight onto that if it is the right size or what will i have to do?

it really depends on what knob you get. i can't tell you any specifics as the only thing I ever did was use tape to hold it in place. did the job, but there are better ways :P you could contact NitroNitrous and ask him about specifics about what he did

so, did you figure out the shipping and total cost? I am ready to ship any day
Quote from bennyherber :never had that problem before... weird

What the heck? Please tell me how do I fix. Can you make a screen of your FFShifter settings? And what keys are you emulating with FFShifter, and are you using autoclutch?
Quote from PcmciaKai :What the heck? Please tell me how do I fix. Can you make a screen of your FFShifter settings? And what keys are you emulating with FFShifter, and are you using autoclutch?

I did use auto-clutch. I changed a few of the keys that ffshifter emulates.

1 - U
2 - I
3 - O
4 - X
5 - C
R - B

I have also attached my entire FFshifter folder with my force fields
Attached files
Benny's FFshifter.zip - 1 MB - 268 views
Quote from bennyherber :I did use auto-clutch. I changed a few of the keys that ffshifter emulates.

1 - U
2 - I
3 - O
4 - X
5 - C
R - B

I have also attached my entire FFshifter folder with my force fields

Thanks alot, so if you dont use autoclutch, it also goes to 0 if you chat? :o

Gawd, youre layouts make my joystick flop around, lol, you really should try mine, as it runs smooth. Why did you enable auto center anyways?

anotheredit: just tested, if i chat, it still goes to gear zero, even with ur keys and autoclutch on. the heck?
Quote from PcmciaKai :Thanks alot, so if you dont use autoclutch, it also goes to 0 if you chat? :o

Gawd, youre layouts make my joystick flop around, lol, you really should try mine, as it runs smooth. Why did you enable auto center anyways?

anotheredit: just tested, if i chat, it still goes to gear zero, even with ur keys and autoclutch on. the heck?

i can't really try it right now, but I don't remember that happening to me... maybe your setup or something :P
Quote from bennyherber :never had that problem before... weird

it really depends on what knob you get. i can't tell you any specifics as the only thing I ever did was use tape to hold it in place. did the job, but there are better ways BLA BLA BLA

Hi

i think the shipping prices are realllly high. Over £30 from here to USA so I think we should just forget about it. Ill get one off ebay
Quote from Killer Beast :Hi

i think the shipping prices are realllly high. Over £30 from here to USA so I think we should just forget about it. Ill get one off ebay

wow really? i don't remember it being that much (I was sent a small package from a friend in germany for like $15-20 US). let me go to my post office and ask them what the cheapest would be. I will let you know
Quote from bennyherber :wow really? i don't remember it being that much (I was sent a small package from a friend in germany for like $15-20 US). let me go to my post office and ask them what the cheapest would be. I will let you know

Ok.
@ benny

By the way
Is it possible for you to find the original handle as i want to use the buttons on the joystick and do not want to pay for a gear knob as i am on a quite tight budget and i also need to buy some pedals for the clutch

Shiv
Quote from Killer Beast :@ benny

By the way
Is it possible for you to find the original handle as i want to use the buttons on the joystick and do not want to pay for a gear knob as i am on a quite tight budget and i also need to buy some pedals for the clutch

Shiv

sorry mate but I bought that joystick just like that, I took the shifter knob from my old dfp but I have to sell that so I removed it...

ps: post office tommorow
Quote from bennyherber :sorry mate but I bought that joystick just like that, I took the shifter knob from my old dfp but I have to sell that so I removed it...

ps: post office tommorow

Hmm well found a REAL cheap joystick on amazon (£15 including p&p) so if you can do it any cheaper than that ill go for it.
Need to know ASAP

If you get a gameport microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick with a gameport to usb adapter, will the ffb still work??
Quote from Killer Beast :Need to know ASAP

If you get a gameport microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick with a gameport to usb adapter, will the ffb still work??

I didn't want to reply to this post because I thought it would make it seem like I tell you lies or try to convince you to buy from me instead of others

as far as I know, ffshifter does not support gameport versions of joysticks at all, whether in a gameport or with an adapter. i think there is this software called JJshifter that does but don't quote me on that
does anyone know a good tutorial how to make the Logitech attack 3 a six speed shifter and and another tutorial to make it a handbrake (not in the same time)
Quote from eliajanineh :does anyone know a good tutorial how to make the Logitech attack 3 a six speed shifter and and another tutorial to make it a handbrake (not in the same time)

As far as i know th Attack 3 does not have force feedback therefore you can't use it as a six speed shifter. You could use Virtual H Shifter but the joystick doesnt stay in gear
Quote from Killer Beast :As far as i know th Attack 3 does not have force feedback therefore you can't use it as a six speed shifter. You could use Virtual H Shifter but the joystick doesnt stay in gear

is it compatible with the DFGT ? , i tryed another steering wheel with my DFGT but it's not working at all together in lfs or othere games

Joystick to Shifter!
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG