The online racing simulator
Hey, cool patch..

And DAMN people..

LEARN HOW TO READ THE THREAD!!

LOL@ people who don't read the thread and then post.
Quote from climacus :Scawen, can you please add a legacy shifting mode to allow the use of H-shifter in the formula cars? I vastly prefer rowing the gears in the formula car even if it is slower. I think most ex-GPL'ers would prefer the choice of continuing with the H-shifter in all but the Williams F1.

Thanks!

Instead of requesting that the H-shifter work with the F1 car, why don't you request that we get a proper 60's no-downforce F1 car instead.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9649
#203 - KTy
Quote from seggons :Something i've found while playing:

When im in any gear, at the red line point you get the little red dot appear, but if you touch the clutch pedel, even slightly, the red dot goes out even though you are still jumping off the rev limiter.

My understanding is that the red dot should come on and stay on at the required shift point weather the clutch is engaged or not?

I have to investigate but I have also a similar problem, *I think* !
I also have a clutch and a H-shifter, and sometimes I am clearly *way* over-reving but the red dot is not ON (was ON a few seconds before, then for whatever reason it turned OFF)... It was not always like that... Maybe appears with S2...
Quote from KTy :I also have a clutch and a H-shifter, and sometimes I am clearly *way* over-reving but the red dot is not ON (was ON a few seconds before, then for whatever reason it turned OFF)... It was not always like that... Maybe appears with S2...

Actually it's been like that since at least 0.2, just don't rub the clutch pedal before shifting and you'll see the light.
#205 - KTy
Ok, but then, that's a bug ! illepall
nice work on the patch swawen:
i'd like to suggest one little thing,
i think that the car selection screen needs an hotspot in the car image too, not only on the car name, because when new people and friends try the game, they all try to click the car image with no results.

and, have you plans to add in the trackir with 6 axis support?
Quote from Cue-Ball :Instead of requesting that the H-shifter work with the F1 car, why don't you request that we get a proper 60's no-downforce F1 car instead.

He said all but the F1 car; all but the F1 car have shift levers.
Quote from KTy :Ok, but then, that's a bug ! illepall

Read - The - Thread

As Vain ALREADY pointed out, the shift light in LFS is not typical.

It indicates when more torque is available in the next gear, regardless of RPM. Not only this, but it's totally dependant on torque at the road / wheel contact. In fact, if you begin to corner heavily enough that the driven wheels have no more available grip for foward force, the light will go out. Try approaching a corner when the light JUST comes on, then leave it in the gear and corner at the limit. The light will go out until more foward force is available. So, when you touch the clutch... you're affecting the torque available and the ground.

It's not a bug, it's design to operate this way.

Probably isn't realistic..... hehe
if they made that more realistic it would add a bit more practice and skill required for shifting
U11 is nice, but i've got a strange problem after installing it - my system timer began running faster (1.02minutes during one real minute) which is causing MP game to pause each 5 secs(i guess it's sync)...and this makes LFS unplayable online.
Installing the U-version back didn't fix the problem((((
After a bit deeper investigation i saw the ghostcar running the correct time, while i was a lot faster)))
I've also found, that this timer bug is common for the most nforce2 systems((((

Can anyone advise???
Quote from DjPro :U11 is nice, but i've got a strange problem after installing it - my system timer began running faster (1.02minutes during one real minute) which is causing MP game to pause each 5 secs(i guess it's sync)...and this makes LFS unplayable online.
Installing the U-version back didn't fix the problem((((
After a bit deeper investigation i saw the ghostcar running the correct time, while i was a lot faster)))
I've also found, that this timer bug is common for the most nforce2 systems((((

Can anyone advise???

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=361
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3486
Quote from Gabkicks :if they made that more realistic it would add a bit more practice and skill required for shifting

No shift light in any car bellow the TBO, TBO's and upwards get a seperate setup adjustable shift-light for each gear. But this probably can't come in a compatible patch so this's not the place for this.
Or, TBO and above get a generic shift light (same rpm for each gear, but that rpm is adjustable by the driver in the pits), and the GTR and lower single seaters cars get a separate adjustment for each gear.

To set it up though you need to have a graphical representation of the wheel torque and tractive effort versus road speed so you can see the road speed at which the curves cross (the ideal shift point), and a way of working out the engine rpm in each gear for a given road speed (not everyone will know the rolling diameter of the wheel and tyre off by heart).

But I do think the 'perfect shift light' is a bit too unrealistic for LFS nowadays.
Darn, didn't include the Hardware forum in my search
For a future patch (if it'll be possible):

-Adjustable side view angle (or adjusted at less than 90º). This will allow us to keep one eye in track line and the other in the opponent , usefull specially when braking in turns fighting for possition:schwitzi think).
Quote from tristancliffe :But I do think the 'perfect shift light' is a bit too unrealistic for LFS nowadays.

how so ? takes about half an hour tops to build a light like this if you have some kind of digital rev readout and the graphs needed
OMG, I just installed the U11 and I hate that speedometer :O
Cant we have an option of smthn, I've always been driving by the speedo and omg it smells !
Quote from RudiTurbo :OMG, I just installed the U11 and I hate that speedometer :O
Cant we have an option of smthn, I've always been driving by the speedo and omg it smells !

Read the posts above
Get used to it
I havent read anything in this thread, but after I installed U11, every single control was wiped out, i had to re-assign all my axis's and buttons, took me about 10 minutes :mad: everything was so messed up
I am closing this thread now because I am totally sick of this ridiculous new thing of posting without reading the thread. It has to stop, or I will not do test patches any more.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG