The online racing simulator
Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
#151 - Uke
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I was pondering about buying TF2 for the past 2 weeks. Looks like epic fun. Just may buy it today

I hope you didnt, its free now.
You cannot craft some things with free account, so you must rely on trading or drops, but there's no limit other than this, 50 backpack slots and only recieving in trading. They make enough money on stupid hats from spoiled kiddies anyway.
Oh man, I remember TF2 before the trading update. If you had a hat, you were a king.

Now it's an overpriced gold-mine for Valve...
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Oh man, I remember TF2 before the trading update. If you had a hat, you were a king.

Now it's an overpriced gold-mine for Valve...

If you look few posts ahead, you might see, that from now it's free.
Also nobody's pushing you into buying their hatcr.ap in the shop.
hmm got it gifted from a friend (long time ago).
might install it again some time soon.
Quote from Kid222 :If you look few posts ahead, you might see, that from now it's free.
Also nobody's pushing you into buying their hatcr.ap in the shop.

I know it's free, I meant the in-game shop. Nobody is forcing me, but it's a gold mine for valve. (the reason it's free)
Downloading at astonishing ~50kb/s.
From a connection that is easily able to do 5 Mb/s+.
SO many people getting it right now Obviously it will be a bit slow, the master server has been offline most of the day also.
But they could at least invent some p2p system or anything else to make it go faster.
I've never been involved in so many team scrambles as I have been in the last week. Clearly the newer players need some assistance. Aside from that, I'm still happy it's Free-to-play: More people to play with, and more support for a game who's sales were declining after four years.

Also, the replay editor is fun.
Nice shot sir.

Also i recommend Hampshire Heavies servers, they have 3-4 running, all are full most of the day though. Admins always present, good and fair game on 24 slot server with some skill, always a pleasure.
Quote from Kid222 :Nice shot sir.

Also i recommend Hampshire Heavies servers, they have 3-4 running, all are full most of the day though. Admins always present, good and fair game on 24 slot server with some skill, always a pleasure.

Thanks, I'll search for them next time I'm playing. I generally play on Uberium.co.uk because they are the only UK-based completely Vanilla server I know of. I can't stand 32 player instant respawn!
Anyone know if you can get mann co supply keys randomly during gameplay? i have 2 crates and i need keys!
Unfortunately you have to buy the keys at the Mann Co store for utterly overpriced 2,49 Euro. But you get a fair 0,0000001% chance to uncrate an unusual hat!
Quote from Hoshimodo :Unfortunately you have to buy the keys at the Mann Co store for utterly overpriced 2,49 Euro. But you get a fair 0,0000001% chance to uncrate an unusual hat!

you should be lucky it's not a $70 monocle.

that said, i tried installing tf2 on my atom, and it wound up being a slide show. i need a new gaming computer.
Quote from RasmusL :Hats!

Interesting - the graph shows that with an increase in hats, the amount of hats may increase or decrease. Valve are genii!
Quote from Hoshimodo :Unfortunately you have to buy the keys at the Mann Co store for utterly overpriced 2,49 Euro. But you get a fair 0,0000001% chance to uncrate an unusual hat!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! Maybe for the people who bought the game will get like $5 credit for the store or something.
Is the free download and etc limited time? Only reason i ask this is because i was in Besy buy today and saw it for 10 bucks still. Should'nt it be taken down off the shelf?
The game is free for the rest of the life.

You can still buy the game and get the so called "premium" version. Although you can just spend 49 cents or something on an item in the online store, and get the "premium" that way.
buuuuuuuuuump.

i'm playing tf2 on another computer now.

i have items to trade too, if they're of any use to someone:
crate #38
dueling mini-game (5 usages)
a pair of vita-saws
and a gunslinger
I'd take them duels.

Add kid002.
'nother bamp.

In case you're still playing this game, you might be interested in the "Meet the Pyro" short, which is coming in around 2 days.

Bookmark this link and get your F5 ready, because Valve might reveal true identity of the (wo)man behind the mask and i bet it's gonna be epic, as always.

Oh and some update will be sticked next to it, but nobody's probably interested in that..
I have to admit, the video left my jaw dropped to the floor and thinking "WTF did I just watch?"

Like a friend said, hope the bubble shooting flamethrower, and the lollipop becomes real

Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG