The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Scrabby, is that car still intended for legal road use? Looks good
Oh I very much doubt that... You would never be allowed to take that on the road.
doyal i dont think u can repair that.we have a guy who fixes our rims,and once we had a wheel with less damage than that,and he couldnt do it.
It is without a doubt repairable, i've seen much worse, even cracked rims repaired.

Your guy is incompetent.
Indeed, one of my Borbet A's was cracked. The guys just fixed it without an issue.

@Doyal:
Nope, not streetlegal, i wish it was :P
Mine had a dent in it, howmuch dit the crack cost you?
75€, welded and re-straightened
my car. (not pretty but working! )
just got rid of the tinted windows...getting off the glue took me 2 days >_>
Attached images
24062011182.jpg
I feel your pain, getting rid of tints (and the glue) sure is hard work. Removed the tints from rear windows in both Galant and the Skyline, would do it with the IS200 aswell, but the windows themself are tinted from the factory.
Quote from Klutch :It is without a doubt repairable, i've seen much worse, even cracked rims repaired.

Your guy is incompetent.

the crack is on the outside,gonna look like shit if u weld it
Wtf, that crack is nothing
I know a guy here, who has welded and restraightened these wheels, using argon welding

That's quite extreme, but depending on how much work and/or money you're willing to put in, any wheel can be repaired. If you let the Germans do it, you'll get it back good as new and balanced to tighter tolerances than factory in most cases
zectly,and than for the repair price u can buy at least a new one if not a cheap set
That is repairable for sure, they'll clean off the paint to bare metal, re-straighten and then just weld in new metal and finish off nice and clean, once repainted you'll never know. You can get various fillers and other such rubbish, which will hold their own quite well, if you want to repair on the cheap. But the second some pressure is put on that area (say by fitting a tyre) snap, it pops off.
I have been quoted £100 for the repair. With an extra £20 if the wheel is not straight.

Hoohumm... wheel only cost me £149 when new
Where was that from mate? Still most refurb places charge £60 per wheel so an extra £40 isn't too bad.
Quote from doyal :I have been quoted £100 for the repair. With an extra £20 if the wheel is not straight.

Hoohumm... wheel only cost me £149 when new

But at £200 for a new one, it'll be cheaper and more than likely quicker for a refurb. Don't forget to shop around, you'll find a fair few highly recommended places on the intarwebnets, fire them all off an e-mail and after they give you a quote see if you can get a price matched or bettered else where.
is that without painting it? better off buying a new one.and u know its straight and not cracked
The additional problem I have, the mx5 is soon to be either sold on.. or not yet decided.

As I have a 200sx that I am currently repairing slowly in my spare free time (new rad, new silicone pipe kit, new manifold, diff oil change, engine oil change, re-wire pikey spec radio wiring, new gauges) and learning as I go..... However, I only need to put a few bolts on this weekend, after waiting a week for new exhaust studs to arrive until the car will be pretty much back and ready for the road.

SO I did intend to limit what I was going to spend on the mx5.
Quote from e2mustang :the crack is on the outside,gonna look like shit if u weld it

I've seen lips completely snapped off and come back looking brand new.
pics or didnt happen
Broken rims are piece of cake for a pro with TIG welder. Stop being surprised.
He is from the country that invented the disposable culture, "why fix something? Just buy new" is the war cry. Because they are so used to buying new, most skills have been lots so no doubt the guy he uses to "repair" wheels only has a few pots of liquid metal and half a dozen grades of wetdry paper.
wrong.im from a country where u cant buy anything so u fix everything.
i just live in usa,where why u would u fix a rim when a new one costs 20 bucks more.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG