The online racing simulator
Jackass Ryan Dunn Dies :(
(94 posts, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll just say RIP for the guy who gave $25,000 to charity, which is more than all of us will combined in our lifetimes.

I didn't watch the clip, was it his own money or some TV network/sponsor's money?

And for the record I've given more money than that to charity through annual donations my company makes. That's my money - money that I would be entitled to draw as a dividend if I wanted to.

Given that there's only circumstantial evidence that he could have been drunk I think I'll refrain from judging the guy. At a gig last night I had a solitary can of Red Stripe and a couple of hours later I drove home. There were several photographers and I'd be surprised if someone hasn't snapped me standing on stage taking a drink from a beer can between songs, but I was well under the legal limit.
#52 - DeKo
There are always ****ing idiots that think normal people deserve more "RIPs" than famous people. Jak, maybe if your girlfriends friend was in a series of successful TV shows and films and was world famous he would have got a bit of sympathy, but he wasn't. That's just how the world works.
Quote from tristancliffe :I bet he enjoys Jackass anyway. He's just trying to give the impression he doesn't.

I don't Tristan Haha.

Also I extend my thanks to BBT for taking my point in the context of what I was actually saying and not disagreeing simply because it's me.

Quote from Jakg :On Friday, a friend of my girlfriends family was involved in an accident on his bike (involving a 4x4) and died. He was a top guy, not a single enemy out there. He leaves behind a widow and 2 children, 2 days before fathers day. No mention on the news or Facebook.

Some guy none of you have ever met dies (through what looks like his own stupidity) and there's threads on every forum, and ~80 of my Facebook "friends" are sending messages of condolence.

Sometimes I hate people.

I share the same concerns, which is what some people are misinterpreting. Ah well, we can't all agree on everything.

Dizman you seem to take specific insult to what I say; why? Because you followed him and respect him for, as has been said by others, being a numpty and finding a way to get paid for it?
He dunn goof'd
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :all human life is equally valuable. That is, in fact, the point.

Of course it is, but "remorse" comes in more than one way. If one of my family members die (which too many have for as young as I am), then I'm going to feel great remorse if I knew them well. If a volunteer at a local pet shelter died, I'd feel remorse because I love pets. But that won't be the same remorse as the family member. And people can feel remorse for a celebrity, athlete, race car driver, etc but its not the same remorse as when a family member dies. The remorse you feel from it is more like "Wow that sucks, oh well... life goes on."

The dude made people laugh, no matter what he did to do it, that is medicine for some.

@Kev: Shame on you!
R.I.P ryan, was a big fan of his "work", but there is two things bothering me about the crash, first of all there are only 3 tyre marks at the scene, im not a crash physics expert but wouldnt there be 4 clear marks from the tyres if he spun (just thinking on may have blown causing the crash), then there is another set of tyre marks just before the porsches marks which are straight, could this have been another car travelling straight towards ryan in the wrong lane? mere speculation but if the roads were familiar to him i cant see him crashing due to missing his turning.

Like i said im no expert on crashes im just curious to find out what actually happened
Weight off of one tire = no skid mark (and the one thin one supports that idea). Maybe he was racing another car or something who knows, or maybe someone skidded to a halt when they saw a flaming wreck in the bushes.
I got mixed feelings tbh. I feel bad that two people died in such a horrible way but when faced with the death of a reckless celebrity who became famous by putting himself in deliberate danger for no good reason in a kind of way that to me is like mocking life,... you can say he got what he deserved. At this time i can't help but remember all of the many innocent people including children that didn't mock life but have had their lives stolen as a result of the wars based on lies that my government has waged alongside the US government. The media also did a good Job of dehumanizing and stigmatizing a particular group of people as terrorists to lower them to a sub human level, so that us tax payers would continue to fund and support these wars of theft and murder against them, under the guise of spreading freedom and combating terrorism. This is relevant to me because the very same Television media bombards me with the ethics and values that i am supposed to have including worshiping retarded celebrities that swim in sh@t, whilst ignoring the "collateral damage" of war and lies of politicians. I guess many fellow LFS'ers will disagree with what i am saying, or maybe some just won't see it as relevant, but i hope you all can at least try to understand my protest.
RIP sweet prince. You were awesome.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Dizman you seem to take specific insult to what I say; why? Because you followed him and respect him for, as has been said by others, being a numpty and finding a way to get paid for it?

I used to skate as a kid, so i seen their CKY vids way before they were famous and they made me laugh my arse off. But that's not really what made me reply, cause usually, i just can't be bothered posting. I do agree with what you, and others, have said about mourning someone just cause they're famous. I don't understand how people can mourn someone they didn't know personally either.

I replied cause of what you said about having no pity for someone who brought something upon them self. From your post, i assume that you've never lost someone to a DUI related death. I've lost one close friend who decided to drive drunk, and i've lost another friend due to speeding. Whilst i do agree with you to a degree, about reaping what you sow, most people get a second chance to learn from their mistakes. Others pay the ultimate price. I have pity on them because they didn't get that second chance.

Then again, maybe i'm just turning into an old hippy
Aww, this sucks. He was one of my "favorite" jackasses. However, he passed away with quite some style.
Quote from Dizman :]
I replied cause of what you said about having no pity for someone who brought something upon them self. From your post, i assume that you've never lost someone to a DUI related death. I've lost one close friend who decided to drive drunk, and i've lost another friend due to speeding. Whilst i do agree with you to a degree, about reaping what you sow, most people get a second chance to learn from their mistakes. Others pay the ultimate price. I have pity on them because they didn't get that second chance.

Then again, maybe i'm just turning into an old hippy

I've had 2 friends pass away from some sort of drinking related incident...not good, no cars involved but still!

It's just one of those things, I guess. Many times people who speed have several "ohshit" moments before one big accident occurs. As for drinking driving well, you don't deserve a second chance.

Just my opinion but glad you just put your points of view across in a manner I can understand.

Quote from mehmet ersen :I got mixed feelings tbh. I feel bad that two people died in such a horrible way but when faced with the death of a reckless celebrity who became famous by putting himself in deliberate danger for no good reason in a kind of way that to me is like mocking life,... you can say he got what he deserved. At this time i can't help but remember all of the many innocent people including children that didn't mock life but have had their lives stolen as a result of the wars based on lies that my government has waged alongside the US government. The media also did a good Job of dehumanizing and stigmatizing a particular group of people as terrorists to lower them to a sub human level, so that us tax payers would continue to fund and support these wars of theft and murder against them, under the guise of spreading freedom and combating terrorism. This is relevant to me because the very same Television media bombards me with the ethics and values that i am supposed to have including worshiping retarded celebrities that swim in sh@t, whilst ignoring the "collateral damage" of war and lies of politicians. I guess many fellow LFS'ers will disagree with what i am saying, or maybe some just won't see it as relevant, but i hope you all can at least try to understand my protest.

Right on so many levels.
I don't think he was drunk. If he had been he would have survived with minor injuries and had run over a few bystanders. Or hit another car killing its occupants.

I think he was sober and "just" speeding. Like that's any better.

Too bad about the passenger but otherwise meh.
he burned in the car..... guess he was served well dunn ??
Quote from March Hare :I don't think he was drunk.

Yeah, not drunk at all, only a BAC of 0.19. Only you know, double the legal limit.
-
(DeKo) DELETED by DeKo
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yeah, not drunk at all, only a BAC of 0.19. Only you know, double the legal limit.

4x over the Aussie limit.

Its sad that he is no longer with us and that he died in such a stupidly tragic way.
RIP Ryan its hard to believe that he is gone how peoples lifes arent the same now especially Bams. But shame on the looters picking up anything they can from the crash site poor form.
0.19 is well on the way to 'shitfaced'.

Jackass Ryan Dunn Dies :(
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG