The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The Very End :Rallycross is very popular, the only problem is that we're a little short on tracks and cars suitable for the task at the moment

Layouts can be hotlapped
...the penguin likes 0.6B
A good update imho ... apart from the added features and such, 'for some reason' the game engine itself is now running just that little bit smoother & sweeter on my linux box ... and by 'little bit' I of course mean 'appreciably' and that's important..ie; if you don't notice any change, it doesn't matter =) Of course, I'm using crossover/wine to run LFS itself, and in such a runtime environment, one tends to notice more any subtle improvements.. I'll have to fire it up on the iMac a bit later, and see if I notice the same gains there.. Thanks for the continuing great work on LFS.
Quote from Eclipsed :Why lfs.net homepage still says "introducing patch Z"?

Press F5, there is a new one.
I see that a lot of nutters have lost replays. Most of them are marcel. - about 40+ replays loss.
#180 - SJB
Strange Bug:
Airio changed the track from BL1 to AS4X and at race start some guy was shown on the map out of the track?!

He told me he is driving on BL1 and he see the others cars flying around, told him to save a replay to can report it here, but he told me his replay shows him on AS4X in the air???

His driver name is Hello-Goodbye, its my MPR, he tries to create a video with Fraps now.

Edit: Airio kicked him for "Bad driving" now xD Now all is normal for him after rejoining the server. xD

Edit2: He could not create a video cause he got kicked before and he told me he "changed the windows" when the new track was loading.

Regards, SJB
Attached files
hello-goodbye bug.mpr - 611.8 KB - 284 views
Finally a patch!!!
GJ!!!
Quote from Flame CZE :Press F5, there is a new one.

Yes,now it is,but I was checking and refreshing just before I written that... Cool,Fern Bays new turn now!
Quote from SJB :Strange Bug:
Airio changed the track from BL1 to AS4X and at race start some guy was shown on the map out of the track?!

He told me he is driving on BL1 and he see the others cars flying around, told him to save a replay to can report it here, but he told me his replay shows him on AS4X in the air???

His driver name is Hello-Goodbye, its my MPR, he tries to create a video with Fraps now.

Edit: Airio kicked him for "Bad driving" now xD Now all is normal for him after rejoining the server. xD

Edit2: He could not create a video cause he got kicked before and he told me he "changed the windows" when the new track was loading.

Regards, SJB

Nothing new. Happens from time to time.
I'm not saying it's not a bug, just saying it is not related with this patch.
Quote from SJB :Strange Bug:

Regards, SJB

You'll get your explanation here
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=56787
#185 - SJB
Funny, 2 years and no fix for that

Another bug which I had already in 0.5Z28 but remembered now cause the same happens in 0.6B: XRR rotates front wheels if you on roof and play with throttle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18hoB7XUCo
Quote from SJB :Funny, 2 years and no fix for that

Another bug which I had already in 0.5Z28 but remembered now cause the same happens in 0.6B: XRR rotates front wheels if you on roof and play with throttle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18hoB7XUCo

Before making a post with such bad attitude you should inform a bit on how this game works

LFS stops physics calculations if the driver does not perfom any input (steering, pedals, whatever). But once you make an input it resumes the physics calculation, where the front wheel should still be spining. Rear tyres won't spin because the engine brake has bloqued them long time ago.
It isn't something of the highest importance anyway is it? Geez...

Come on
#189 - SJB
Why should the front wheels still spin??? Its RWD and not 4WD, it should nothing happen with them if the car doesnt "roll" over the race track?! otherwise its a 4WD car?! Maybe its buggy during racing too and the car does 5% front and 95% rear or something? Thats what I think if I press the pedal and front wheels start spin...

Edit: yeah of course this is related to the H-Shifter bug... haha... I dont try to change gears or something... But same for that thread: its 2years old and still not fixed...

I dont know why the people get angry if I post bugs - dont you want them fixed too?!

Edit2: After I changed resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 and back, I get disconnected every alt+tab now...
Please just shut up! You make no sense at all.
Rear tyres won't spin because the engine brake has blocked them long time ago. Engine brake you know.

Front tires are spinning cause they were running on the damn road before you flipped and nothing had to stop them.
The bug I posted wasn't actually a H-Shifter bug, but the fact that physics turn off after a while! If you press the pedal that's an input, so physics turn back on...
Please don't waste our time and the dev's time. You are making useless bug reports, just go and sleep and only come back if you have something interesting to say.
It's not a bug. The physics calculations for a vehicle are paused during inactivity. Thus when there is activity again, it continues where it left off: the wheels spinning freely.
Hello, I'm here on behalf of the grid LFS, a Brazilian league,
to report a few bugs that has been hapening after the new patch 6b came out.
One problem is the drop in fps with the setting lanes open,
many pilots are complaining about this, even the ones with excellent settings,
another problem is when I'm on the server and suddenly I get disconnected with the following message appearing "avoiding buffer crash (ok)",
and we are also getting the "Unknown packet type" problem. We'd like to know if this has been happening with you as well or if it is an isolated case.

Sorry my bad english
Quote from fernandoigor :Hello, I'm here on behalf of the grid LFS, a Brazilian league,
to report a few bugs that has been hapening after the new patch 6b came out.
One problem is the drop in fps with the setting lanes open,
many pilots are complaining about this, even the ones with excellent settings,
another problem is when I'm on the server and suddenly I get disconnected with the following message appearing "avoiding buffer crash (ok)",
and we are also getting the "Unknown packet type" problem. We'd like to know if this has been happening with you as well or if it is an isolated case.

Sorry my bad english

Your English is better than my Portugese. The open configurations will hurt framerates, I don't think there is much you can do about that except turn down your settings.

I don't know about the "avoiding buffer crash" error, sorry.

It sounds like you're using an insim program that hasn't been updated to accomodate the new insim packets.(Edit: I guess not) If you are using Airio (2.5.4) there is a new version that handles them fine. (Edit:
We are not using any program insim airio now, but the error continues.
Sound error (Play:B -2147024895)

I got that when i start lfs..no sound btw. ..
wats that ?
(Last night i drived normal with sound, without any change , today i got that error)
Try decompressing LFS again to "reinstall" it. If it works then check if you got sata and if the cables bent. Possible corruption if it's more then 30 deg bent.
Quote from cmanns :Try decompressing LFS again to "reinstall" it. If it works then check if you got sata and if the cables bent. Possible corruption if it's more then 30 deg bent.

Nah..i didt win restart and works normaly again .. strange
2 questions - How much hotlaps are on LFSW and how much of that have already beed checked now? I see that quite much have deleted now.
Quote from Litro :2 questions - How much hotlaps are on LFSW and how much of that have already beed checked now? I see that quite much have deleted now.

I'll quote Victor from another thread:
Quote from Victor :More hotlaps will be deleted over the coming days. The re-checking process so far is not even half-way. It's done 24000 out of 55000 hotlaps.

Quote from Litro :2 questions - How much hotlaps are on LFSW and how much of that have already beed checked now? I see that quite much have deleted now.

17 hours ago:
Quote from Victor :More hotlaps will be deleted over the coming days. The re-checking process so far is not even half-way. It's done 24000 out of 55000 hotlaps.

€: Bleh, beaten by Flame
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG