The online racing simulator
LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
#51 - 5haz
Just bored people looking for a sense of purpose and power in life...
Aren't we all? /philosophical
#53 - CSF
Quote from LulzSec Twitter :
Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

lulz
#56 - troy
I doubt it will be long until they get taken down, some personal info (which was confirmed to be right on the lulzec twitter) was already posted here: http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/
The arrested guy is the guy who made a public IRC channel for them.. Not their 'leader'
Hahahahahahahahahahha these guys are owning!!

So humble!!

Abit like the infamous Scipy.
Cute and fuzzy on the inside at times humble, but a tard eating living 'im gonna just have fun while you are crying no matter what' kind of type.. I love it
They are going to save the world by leaking government documents of 2012.
Read up...

He had nothing to do with it, apart from running the IRC server.
meh, I didnt look :P At least im not asking if there will be night racing in lfs
There will be night racing in lfs?!?! sweet!
I don't think it was a LulzSec member, been watching the story unfold at work.
#66 - PoVo
Quote :Clearly the UK police are so desperate to catch us that they've gone and arrested someone who is, at best, mildly associated with us. Lame.

Lulz.
good, make the fbi's job easier.

i wonder if this is also related to lulzsec...
Quote from bunder9999 :good, make the fbi's job easier.

i wonder if this is also related to lulzsec...

Probably didn't include the following when you read it, but it does now after a couple of updates:
Quote :A government official who declined to be named said earlier in the day that the F.B.I. was actively investigating the Lulz Security group and any affiliated hackers. The official said the F.B.I. had teamed up with other agencies in this effort, including the Central Intelligence Agency and cybercrime bureaus in Europe.

Well, they stirred up a hornet's nest when they DOS'ed the CIA website.

Although I don't agree with their method, I'm quite shocked at how they managed to break some of their targets. The Citibank site was compromised by an SQL injection (inserting part of an SQL query into a web form or address to extract sensitive data from a database or bypass login), which is a basic attack vector that every self-respecting website or database developer should secure. The way they're just DOS'ing (Denial of Service - basically just flooding a server with too many requests) everything is also disturbing, because it's not too hard to configure a web server against simpler DOS attacks.
Well, if LulSec didn't bring this lack of security to light, who would?

If the companies in question weren't prepared now then they should be by the time this all blows over. Additionally, it's a wake up call to other companies and agencies who have valuable data but have lackluster security.
It's like they said and also what my original point behind my first post in this topic was: They bring it to light and brag about their achievements, others just take what they want and leave quietly.
What's more dangerous, publishing the usernames and passwords or not?
If they didn't claim to have them, noone would probably know, and it could be abused very badly. By releasing them, they're making everyone aware of the fact and gives people a chance to change their passwords.
I have donated to them.

LulzSec.
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG