The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Joku123 :You have always been able to cut there in hotlap mode.

rallycross is not popular and nobody knew \ not informed about this
Rallycross is very popular, the only problem is that we're a little short on tracks and cars suitable for the task at the moment
Quote from Scawen :Yes, there will be a few of these, and I'm sorry about that.

Previous post on the subject : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1607391#post1607391

I have tried really hard to keep old hotlaps still running, re-checking the world records after any set of changes. And most of them do still work, but there are just a few of these OOS ones from old versions that cannot be viewed in 0.6A. So they have to be removed along with the FAIL and PIT STOP ones.

Mkay...
But damn... You killed the longest standing WR!!!

I´m looking forward that you will indemnify me with a tyre physic + scirocco + 2 other cars (hope 1 LX8 GTR is included) + rockingham patch + a dialog between us because of the free Estering track scan for LfS that I suggested you some years ago!
Quote from The Very End :Rallycross is very popular, the only problem is that we're a little short on tracks and cars suitable for the task at the moment

I know to for this need prepared cars. But I do not understand why do we need off-road tires?
I am not sure if I understand, but do you mean people won't use the GTR cars on rallycross because of the lack of rallycross tyres, or do you mean that you wondering why the devs is not allowing rallycross tyres on the GTR cars?

Edit:

Quote from SiL-X :Mkay...
But damn... You killed the longest standing WR!!!

I´m looking forward that you will indemnify me with a tyre physic + scirocco + 2 other cars (hope 1 LX8 GTR is included) + rockingham patch + a dialog between us because of the free Estering track scan for LfS that I suggested you some years ago!

Please try to persuate the devs to go for it
Quote :free Estering track scan

good idea.
The Very End, no. On STD and others cars, all-season tires are used, and not off-road tires.
I see, thanks Well, with the current tyres on the GTR cars it's just too slippery on the gravvel, slicks does not perform well
What they could do was to allow people to use some kind of hybrid / all-year tyres on the fastest cars.
Quote from [Audi TT] :What is it?

Video of an eDRX Season. It IS popular! But like "The Very End" said, we have not enough tracks and suitable cars for real RX.

And the start isn´t FIA conform (especially the FE5 track, but the other too). But we solved the start problem with an InSim Script we progged.
A real RX start with SuperCars (Div 1 ~550 HP, >800nm, AWD) is just amazing!
This plugged in in short tracks with jokerlaps (we use them in eDRX / vERX) and short races is really fun to drive and to watch, too!
Quote :eDRX Season

The first time heard. Thanks for the info.
#137 - SJB
If I restart the LFS dedicated: sometimes I have to restart it twice to can connect to server and 2days ago I had to restart it 5times till Insim could connect

No Problems like that with z28, z30-34 and 0.6A on linux before.

But if it runs, it runs stable
I have two questions about the latest release of LFS.
I'm a server admin running 8 LFS servers and since the update I have two problems I can't find a solution for.

1) When people join the server they get: JOOS - CAR

This isn't happening for all of them (luckily) but way too many times to call it a minor problem.

2) One of my users got disconnect last night with error: CPW

After that he couldn't join any of my servers as he got the following error every time: Host refused connection
Then all of a sudden he could connect this afternoon, but now I just received an email he has the same problem again.
He tested on many other servers and hasn't got that problem at all, so it's only happening on my servers.
Quote from hariel-HUN- :this is so saaaaad... "We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December." -
That was in 2008

scawen has had other things to work on aswell which unlike lfs werent personal projects so its understandable why its took longer,i mean look how quick hes got this patch through testing to final release,you shouldnt really be moaning about it but applauding him for a job well done,im just as eager to drive the scirocco but i know its worth waiting for,

thanks scawen for your improvements with this patch a job well done
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I have two questions about the latest release of LFS.
I'm a server admin running 8 LFS servers and since the update I have two problems I can't find a solution for.

1) When people join the server they get: JOOS - CAR

This isn't happening for all of them (luckily) but way too many times to call it a minor problem.

2) One of my users got disconnect last night with error: CPW

After that he couldn't join any of my servers as he got the following error every time: Host refused connection
Then all of a sudden he could connect this afternoon, but now I just received an email he has the same problem again.
He tested on many other servers and hasn't got that problem at all, so it's only happening on my servers.

That happens when they have a modified LFS.exe or VOB mods which change its collision model.
Quote from Flame CZE :That happens when they have a modified LFS.exe or VOB mods which change its collision model.

That's the first problem you are talking about I guess?
Well if that's it, I don't mind them getting the error, as I enabled the protection which was introduced in 0.6B

I'm more worried about problem number 2, as that user can race on my servers until he gets that error.
Just a bit more specific :

Quote from Yisc[NL] :1) When people join the server they get: JOOS - CAR

This is most likely when a user has VOB mods. VOB mods that change physical car properties will get this OOS (but did not in Z28).

Quote from Yisc[NL] :2) One of my users got disconnect last night with error: CPW

CPW is the message from the cheat protection system, that checks if LFS.exe has been modified.
Quote from SJB :If I restart the LFS dedicated: sometimes I have to restart it twice to can connect to server and 2days ago I had to restart it 5times till Insim could connect

No Problems like that with z28, z30-34 and 0.6A on linux before.

But if it runs, it runs stable

i've had that problem for ages on both windows and linux, the best thing to do is to wait 5 minutes for all the random sockets to close up. i don't really think it's a lfs-specific problem either.
#145 - SJB
Would be great to see driver names again if I press "N" in Shift+U mode
Quote from Scawen :Just a bit more specific :

This is most likely when a user has VOB mods. VOB mods that change physical car properties will get this OOS (but did not in Z28).

CPW is the message from the cheat protection system, that checks if LFS.exe has been modified.

Hurray, a word from the boss him self
Thank you very much for the information and for the latest update too, great work.

Still one question if you don't mind.
What would trigger this CPW error?
I mean, the guy can race normaly for a while (last time about 2 hours) and then suddenly gets that error and then can't get in anymore.
And maybe even more important, what could be done to solve it, reinstall LFS from a fresh download?
Quote from Yisc[NL] :And maybe even more important, what could be done to solve it, reinstall LFS from a fresh download?

seems to work for everyone else who got snagged by it.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I mean, the guy can race normaly for a while (last time about 2 hours) and then suddenly gets that error and then can't get in anymore.
And maybe even more important, what could be done to solve it, reinstall LFS from a fresh download?

Well, if he is not using a program that modifies his exe (e.g. to gain performance) then there must be something wrong with his computer.

That is the sort of thing that can happen when a computer is overclocked or has a faulty memory. Overclocking is the most common cause. I only remember one case where someone had to change his memory because one of his bytes changed randomly sometimes. But be warned, some people who overclock and get errors with programs will deny that the overclocking could possibly be the problem.
Quote from Scawen : Z28 hosts should all upgrade - I can't think of any reason to stay with Z28.

Well cargame.nl is running Airio. and some packets are not updated in airio yet. so i guess thats why he asked it
Quote from hotmail :Well cargame.nl is running Airio. and some packets are not updated in airio yet. so i guess thats why he asked it

Airio got updated in the meantime slow dutch man!
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG