The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Didn't exactly look through all of it, but did they get the actual people who stole it?

The person who said they had found it said that it was partially stripped, but nothing about the people that stole it because there was an investigation going on. I guess they won't tell anything about the idiots that stole it until it's ended.
#52 - PoVo
The spoiler and half a Monster energy drink sticker was stolen
Quote from PoVo :and half a Monster truck sticker

send 'em to the electric chair!!
#54 - PoVo
Bloody hell. I wrote truck instead of energy drink
Funny part is... Most of the idiots that spread false claims look more so like retards because they posted the BS on facebook. Inbox/spam prone indeed. Good that they got the car back. Could have gotten it back faster if it wasn't for said dipshits leading what seemed like half of U.K's car scene down wrong routes.

Should keep the spoiler off. Looks tons better
Damn it, was supposed to arrive in Estonia in parts to me, now I only get the wing..
Wanted to install the parts on a lada, but the wing alone looks stupid on the lada.......

But a hole in exhaust will make it sound good atleast, like a drift car.
Pics of the beast later.
#57 - PoVo
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Damn it, was supposed to arrive in Estonia in parts to me, now I only get the wing..
Wanted to install the parts on a lada, but the wing alone looks stupid on the lada.......

But a hole in exhaust will make it sound good atleast, like a drift car.
Pics of the beast later.

^ sounds good, keep us updated.

Yay, good the hear the Subee has been found.
#60 - Jakg
None of this makes any sense.

Anyone who steals a car with any real value never takes it for a joyride... it either gets parked up (to see if it's got a tracker) or put in a container (to fool said tracker and wait until nobodys looking for it). A car like that is going to stick out like a sore thumb, especially as it has no plates which will immediately get a reaction from any ANPR-equipped car.

These guys can't be opportunists if the car wasn't in a running condition, and the UK is not the place where you can just pay your way out of anything.

Secondly, apparently the car only has a 20L fuel tank. No petrol station in the UK will let a car fill without a number plate, and while it is possible to pull over and refuel from a can... whats the point? I doubt they stole it while they had the fuel with them, so there'd probably be a car travelling on convoy. In which case... why not just tow the thing?

Also... what real value does this car even have? Some parts (body kit, some engine parts) could probably have some resale value in a far away market, but it'd be harsh to shift all the parts being custom etc. Much easier to steal a BMW or something and ship it off to Eastern Europe...

Lastly... they did at least strip it partially which suggests that they had some plan (rather than just joyride), but all the seem to of taken off are the lights and wing? Neither parts are really worth anything - stolen BMW / Mercs get stripped down to the shell that night, so by the next morning they've got nothing but the cube of the shell weighed in for scrap and a load of parts going out... I can't believe someone who put in this much effort would do nothing of any real damage to the car.

I can't help but think this is all some elaborate stunt...
It would be a brave/stupid man that would drive a car reported as stolen, around the motorways of the UK, for the purpose of obtaining as much publicity as you could probably get from a magazine article or two.

I do agree that whoever took it was obviously out for a joyride though. Chancers. Speil about the battery being disconnected was more than likely a story for the benefit of the insurance company...
It got me thinking it may started as a joyride, and after the whole nationwide lookout for the car started they thought about breaking it down. Who knows, those guys may even be on the driftworks forum, and followed the thread. Still wondering where they filled it up. It drove more miles on that trip than in its whole drift career

edit: and if you look in the dw thread, apparently they only drove a bit on the M25 (where it was filmed) and after that mostly B-roads. Some sightings round London could've been true.
#63 - PoVo
Quote from Jakg :No petrol station in the UK will let a car fill without a number plate

The car had a forged plate from another Subaru apparently.
Good to hear the Scooby has been found.
What kind of idiot would remove mostly worthless parts from the scooby?
And how could it get stolen in the first place?
#66 - PoVo
Quote from speed1230 :What kind of idiot would remove mostly worthless parts from the scooby?

I suppose the plans were to strip her fully.

But I think once they saw the news on BBC, they decided to leave it alone, with most of the parts in the boot (only bumper + spoiler is missing. Arch and lamps are in the boot)
Quote from Jakg :quote

It had to be in a closed trailer at some point, there's no way it made it from Santa Pod to Reading on a 20L fuel tank. More to the point, he was on M25 and I dunno if the tank was full, but it probably wasn't.

Anyways I reckon it was about to get stripped down that night, the stickers had been removed, rear lights were missing(atleast on the pictures), the rear bumper was missing and I think the spoiler was aswell. I agree with Povo, I think they shat their pants when they heard the news and just left it to be.

But then again, even if they were to sell the parts it would've been obvious that it's off the Scooby. It's made of custom-made parts.
The car is found.
The awks moment when you read post saying

"The cars gone they will never see it again"
to
"Oh they found it gg"

xD
Quote from hp999 :It had to be in a closed trailer at some point, there's no way it made it from Santa Pod to Reading on a 20L fuel tank. More to the point, he was on M25 and I dunno if the tank was full, but it probably wasn't.

Anyways I reckon it was about to get stripped down that night, the stickers had been removed, rear lights were missing(atleast on the pictures), the rear bumper was missing and I think the spoiler was aswell. I agree with Povo, I think they shat their pants when they heard the news and just left it to be.

But then again, even if they were to sell the parts it would've been obvious that it's off the Scooby. It's made of custom-made parts.

The car was found on their driveway... Not just abandoned. And it was always driven around. Was on fake number plates that belonged to another white subaru so they could go into petrol stations without being suspected (Anybody could drive a race car on the road...).

There were sightings all night on Sunday night leading up to it being found. A couple of them were from petrol stations after the BBC report.
Well, what a weekend it was regarding baggsys motor eh, some dont believe it but this spread over the web so quickly, and for anyone else who followed the DW thread in real time would have seen that there were cars out all over the place scouting for the car, and other motors pysically sat at intersections watching and waiting and ready to follow if needed, the M25 was covered, as were bits of the M4, and the M20, A2, incase it was heading to euroland etc, plus people on standby depending where it might head, it was quite amazing how everyone pulled together in order to find it, thank god for the internet eh!

The whereabouts (roughly) of the car were known by a few people as early as sunday mid afternoon, which was roughly when it was moved from wolfe lane to where it was found in holyport, but after me and a couple of others who managed to by some luck get the info passed it to mods etc, on driftworks, the police had already informed them a few minutes before we did lol, and it was agreed that such info wasnt going to be posted publicly in case the very people who took it were reading up about the following their little joyride was getting, plus some of us know people who have radios which can go on certian frequencies that they really shouldnt, hence how we knew, naughty naught very naughty, quite probably, but it was for a good cause!

Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :The car was found on their driveway... Not just abandoned. And it was always driven around. Was on fake number plates that belonged to another white subaru so they could go into petrol stations without being suspected (Anybody could drive a race car on the road...).

There were sightings all night on Sunday night leading up to it being found. A couple of them were from petrol stations after the BBC report.

Yarp...

The battle between people saying that cars without plates won't be recognized in petrol stations and between the people saying that it will was epic.
Who checks plates at the gas station anyway. Every person I've seen working at a gas station just wants to get paid so they can buy some weed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG